I'm Sure Everyone Knows This, But Here's a Reminder

Why would you doubt that? The NRA was once an organization I could be proud to be a member of. Sadly, no more.

A good chunk for the NRA coffers comes form gun manufacturers..ergo, making the NRA a de facto lobbyist for those who manufacture weapons.

LaPierre's annual salary: Over $1 MILLION
upload_2017-11-11_10-34-6.png

For everyone who forgot leftists are liars and/or have no idea what they're talking about. Or any combination of both.

I’m still trying to figure out what they mean when they say “universal background checks “. Every libtard says they need them, but can’t say specifically what it is.

I'm assuming it's just a buzzword with no meaning, Democrats love those. They can repeat them over and over, then pretend the meaning is obvious, everyone knows, and anyone who doesn't is stupid, inherently.

Well, yes, the meaning is obvious to anyone with a 3rd grade education. If you don't understand that universal background checks means everyone who buys a gun should be required to go through a background check, then you are stupid, inherently. Are you proud of that trait?

I guess Leftists see proving me right as some sort of victory. People are already required to get background checks, which makes that a buzzword.

The only thing you’ve proven is that you’re wrong and that you and most others on the right are dishonest and liars.

The issue is Federal law that allows private intrastate firearms transactions between two state residents to be conducted absent a background check.

The law needs to be amended to require checks for private intrastate sales as well: universal background checks.

Some states have already implemented UBCs, such as Colorado, where the courts have upheld that measure as Constitutional.

The right’s opposition to UBCs is unwarranted, nothing but a slippery slope fallacy.

Yep....and it isn't a loophole since private sellers don't have to do background checks when they sell their private guns.....and again, if a felon buys a gun from a private seller, we can already arrest him and throw him in jail....we already laws that cover that....

If an under aged person buys alcohol we can arrest him too. Does that mean we shouldn't have laws against selling to minors?

Never said we should....you however keep claiming that we don't want any laws about guns.....when we show you over and over again, the gun laws we want, and the punishment for breaking those laws, actually work. But because our laws go after actual gun criminals, and not law abiding gun owners who have committed no crime, you don't want them.

We have laws against felons buying, owning or carrying guns....and we catch them all the time...including this guy....he was banned from buying those 4 guns....your god....the government, failed.

Yes, the military screwed up, and I don't know anyone who is happy about that. It should have never happened. I'm sure it was not the first time a background check was wrong, and won't be the last. Mistakes happen in every thing that humans do. That has nothing to do with universal background checks.

Yeah, it does......because actual criminals use people who can pass background checks to buy their guns for them....which means, genius, that those same straw buyers will pass a background check for a universal background check.....or the criminals will use a stolen gun...since criminal gangs have whole robbery crews devoted to stealing guns......

So you think criminals use only stolen guns, or guns bought by straw purchasers. They will never use a gun acquired by any other means? That's stupider than most of the crap you usually post.

What other means are there for them to get their guns? They do not want to buy guns from private sellers since they are afraid they will be undercover police officers...this has been found in actual research into the topic.....stolen guns bought from a criminal they know, or guns bought from straw buyers they know are how they get their weapons............

Yep....and it isn't a loophole since private sellers don't have to do background checks when they sell their private guns.....and again, if a felon buys a gun from a private seller, we can already arrest him and throw him in jail....we already laws that cover that....

If an under aged person buys alcohol we can arrest him too. Does that mean we shouldn't have laws against selling to minors?

Never said we should....you however keep claiming that we don't want any laws about guns.....when we show you over and over again, the gun laws we want, and the punishment for breaking those laws, actually work. But because our laws go after actual gun criminals, and not law abiding gun owners who have committed no crime, you don't want them.

We have laws against felons buying, owning or carrying guns....and we catch them all the time...including this guy....he was banned from buying those 4 guns....your god....the government, failed.

Yes, the military screwed up, and I don't know anyone who is happy about that. It should have never happened. I'm sure it was not the first time a background check was wrong, and won't be the last. Mistakes happen in every thing that humans do. That has nothing to do with universal background checks.

Yeah, it does......because actual criminals use people who can pass background checks to buy their guns for them....which means, genius, that those same straw buyers will pass a background check for a universal background check.....or the criminals will use a stolen gun...since criminal gangs have whole robbery crews devoted to stealing guns......

So you think criminals use only stolen guns, or guns bought by straw purchasers. They will never use a gun acquired by any other means? That's stupider than most of the crap you usually post.

Criminals have robbery crews specifically tasked with stealing guns......this factoid comes from the Los Angeles police department.....

For everyone who forgot leftists are liars and/or have no idea what they're talking about. Or any combination of both.

I’m still trying to figure out what they mean when they say “universal background checks “. Every libtard says they need them, but can’t say specifically what it is.

It amounts to gun registration, so they know who has what.

Do background checks from license dealers amount to gun registration?

The reason you need gun registration for Universal Background Checks is so that you know where the gun originated......you could find a guy with a gun, and you won't be able to tell if he had a background check when he bought it from the guy down the street, all they have to do is say he owned it before the law went into effect. So, for universal background checks to work, you have to register all guns, that way you know if the guy down the street owned the gun, and if the new guy owns the gun, you can see if a background check was done...

The only reason the anti gunners want universal background checks is to get gun registration.....they already know that criminals don't buy guns by going through current background checks and won't go through background checks for private sales.....

How does that differ from current background checks?

Because current federal background checks do not require universal gun registration...in fact, we need to fix NICS so that all you get when you go for your check is a yes or no without any record keeping....

Why would you doubt that? The NRA was once an organization I could be proud to be a member of. Sadly, no more.

A good chunk for the NRA coffers comes form gun manufacturers..ergo, making the NRA a de facto lobbyist for those who manufacture weapons.

LaPierre's annual salary: Over $1 MILLION
View attachment 159927

Yeah...no.......show the link to the NRA taking money from gun makers......and if you mean advertising in their magazine, that aint where their money for their activities comes from....

What other means are there for them to get their guns? They do not want to buy guns from private sellers since they are afraid they will be undercover police officers...this has been found in actual research into the topic.....stolen guns bought from a criminal they know, or guns bought from straw buyers they know are how they get their weapons............

That was a yes/no question. Why can't you gun nuts just answer the question? Yes or no?

I'm assuming it's just a buzzword with no meaning, Democrats love those. They can repeat them over and over, then pretend the meaning is obvious, everyone knows, and anyone who doesn't is stupid, inherently.

Well, yes, the meaning is obvious to anyone with a 3rd grade education. If you don't understand that universal background checks means everyone who buys a gun should be required to go through a background check, then you are stupid, inherently. Are you proud of that trait?

I guess Leftists see proving me right as some sort of victory. People are already required to get background checks, which makes that a buzzword.

The only thing you’ve proven is that you’re wrong and that you and most others on the right are dishonest and liars.

The issue is Federal law that allows private intrastate firearms transactions between two state residents to be conducted absent a background check.

The law needs to be amended to require checks for private intrastate sales as well: universal background checks.

Some states have already implemented UBCs, such as Colorado, where the courts have upheld that measure as Constitutional.

The right’s opposition to UBCs is unwarranted, nothing but a slippery slope fallacy.

Wrong...if you buy across state lines you have to send the gun to a licensed dealer.....and get a background check. And the UBCs in Colorado and Washington state, have failed...........

Our opposition is not unwarranted because we know the only reason gun grabbers want them is to get universal background checks so that when they get the power, they know where the guns are when they ban and confiscate them.....just as happened in Germany, Britain, Australia, Canada, New York state, and California . This isn't a made up concern this has happened all over the world.......

Criminals have robbery crews specifically tasked with stealing guns......this factoid comes from the Los Angeles police department.....

Yes, and they have robbery crews steeling jewelry. What does that have to do with background checks? Do you think thugs only use guns from the 2 sources you mentioned before, and never from anywhere else? Yes or no

The reason you need gun registration for Universal Background Checks is so that you know where the gun originated......you could find a guy with a gun, and you won't be able to tell if he had a background check when he bought it from the guy down the street, all they have to do is say he owned it before the law went into effect. So, for universal background checks to work, you have to register all guns, that way you know if the guy down the street owned the gun, and if the new guy owns the gun, you can see if a background check was done...

The only reason the anti gunners want universal background checks is to get gun registration.....they already know that criminals don't buy guns by going through current background checks and won't go through background checks for private sales.....

Because current federal background checks do not require universal gun registration...in fact, we need to fix NICS so that all you get when you go for your check is a yes or no without any record keeping....

Any reason universal checks couldn't be done the same way, other than your vivid imagination, and the fear driven by the NRA?

Wrong...if you buy across state lines you have to send the gun to a licensed dealer.....and get a background check. And the UBCs in Colorado and Washington state, have failed...........

Our opposition is not unwarranted because we know the only reason gun grabbers want them is to get universal background checks so that when they get the power, they know where the guns are when they ban and confiscate them.....just as happened in Germany, Britain, Australia, Canada, New York state, and California . This isn't a made up concern this has happened all over the world.......

You think there will be mass gun confiscation. You're nuts

Yes, and they have robbery crews steeling jewelry. What does that have to do with background checks? Do you think thugs only use guns from the 2 sources you mentioned before, and never from anywhere else? Yes or no

Yep.....the actual criminals, the ones who murdered 9,616 people in 2015....... get their guns from gun stores and stealing guns....the amatuer criminal will get a gun from a gun show....but their number is so small they don't count.

And the Germans in the 1920s didn't think there was any reason their guns would be confiscated in the 1920s....which is why they did what you want....they registered their hunting rifles with the government......and in the 1930s, the not so nice boys in brown shirts came around with the registration lists and collected their guns..............and then sent 12 million people to gas chambers...

Germany was not a 3rd world country in the 1920s........it was a modern nation state with the rule of law, universities, government institutions.....and they murdered 12 million people...after they disarmed them.

The motto of the Jews...."Never Forget." Anti gunners completely forgot......

Any reason universal checks couldn't be done the same way, other than your vivid imagination, and the fear driven by the NRA?

Because I can say I own my gun......you won't know if it went through a background check if you don't have the gun registered to me.........so that is why they want universal registration...and they get that with UBCs.....

And the Germans in the 1920s didn't think there was any reason their guns would be confiscated in the 1920s....which is why they did what you want....they registered their hunting rifles with the government......and in the 1930s, the not so nice boys in brown shirts came around with the registration lists and collected their guns..............and then sent 12 million people to gas chambers...

Germany was not a 3rd world country in the 1920s........it was a modern nation state with the rule of law, universities, government institutions.....and they murdered 12 million people...after they disarmed them.

Oh shut up. You're too dumb to have a real discussion. Useful only to laugh at.

Because I can say I own my gun......you won't know if it went through a background check if you don't have the gun registered to me.........so that is why they want universal registration...and they get that with UBCs.....

Applies to anyone with a gun now dumb ass.

Applies to anyone with a gun now dumb ass.

No shit stain, it doesn't....I don't have to register my gun to own it....moron.......and because of that, if they ban a gun, I could always simply hide it and say I never owned it...which is why they want to register guns first...so when assholes like you come around in your brown shirts, you will have my name and what guns I own....and if I don't cough them up, it will be off to prison......

Oh shut up. You're too dumb to have a real discussion. Useful only to laugh at.

Yes, that was the truth. And to asswipes like you, the truth is like a cross to a vampire....you recoil in disgust from the truth.......

One of the more ignorant, moronic rightwing lies.

No one wants to ‘confiscate’ guns.

One of the more ignorant, moronic rightwing lies.

No one wants to ‘confiscate’ guns.

You mean other than obama, who told John Lott that people shouldn't own guns, or hilary who can't stop praising Australian gun confiscation, you know....the leaders of the opposition party....

You mean other than the hollywood left, and left wing academics, and justices and judges...you mean except for them...right?

And every journalist out there, including the Boston Globe...?

You mean other than those people...right...

Forum List

Back