I'm Sure Everyone Knows This, But Here's a Reminder

Wow.....if those sales are in fact illegal....we can already arrest the felons buying the guns under existing law. In fact....we could have undercover police officers at gun shows selling guns, and then see if the buyers are felons, then we can arrest them. There is no gun show loophole. The gun stores at gun shows must do federal background checks...and hope that the Air Force puts in the criminal records of the buyers......

You understand that gun stores aren't the only ones selling at gun shows, don't you?

Yep....and it isn't a loophole since private sellers don't have to do background checks when they sell their private guns.....and again, if a felon buys a gun from a private seller, we can already arrest him and throw him in jail....we already laws that cover that....

If an under aged person buys alcohol we can arrest him too. Does that mean we shouldn't have laws against selling to minors?

Thanks for proving that gun control laws won’t stop criminals. Welcome to sanity leftists! What took you so long?

What laws do you think we should have? Should child molestation be legal? What about getting drunk and driving the wrong way on an interstate? Selling meth at the junior high school? Which laws do you support, if any?

Thanks for proving that gun control laws won’t stop criminals. Welcome to sanity leftists! What took you so long?

What laws do you think we should have? Should child molestation be legal? What about getting drunk and driving the wrong way on an interstate? Selling meth at the junior high school? Which laws do you support, if any?

Well, molesting children has hundreds of laws making it illegal. It still happens.

Getting drunk and driving down the interstate is illegal, it still happens and as a matter of fact, in this country out kills guns by a HUGE margin. But here it is still a huge ass problem.

And the Meth at and. high schools. There are laws against this already as well. Very strict laws as a matter of fact covering everything from ciggrets to phentonol, yet here it is not make my a diffrence.

I can support laws that are not redundant. Make one law and enforce that law agressivly and stop passing feel good bull shit because it’s your teams idea.

For everyone who forgot leftists are liars and/or have no idea what they're talking about. Or any combination of both.

I’m still trying to figure out what they mean when they say “universal background checks “. Every libtard says they need them, but can’t say specifically what it is.

That's easy. If you sell a gun, you have to do a background check on the buyer. Yes, some will ignore the law. Most won't.

Well, molesting children has hundreds of laws making it illegal. It still happens.

Getting drunk and driving down the interstate is illegal, it still happens and as a matter of fact, in this country out kills guns by a HUGE margin. But here it is still a huge ass problem.

And the Meth at and. high schools. There are laws against this already as well. Very strict laws as a matter of fact covering everything from ciggrets to phentonol, yet here it is not make my a diffrence.

I can support laws that are not redundant. Make one law and enforce that law agressivly and stop passing feel good bull shit because it’s your teams idea.

So you admit those laws do nothing to stop those things from happening. Do you support those laws? It's a yes/no question.

I know what point you are attempting to make but it’s shit. There are already laws on the books for those crimes and there are already laws on the books controlling guns. We do not need any more laws especially since the ones we have are not working.

I know what point you are attempting to make but it’s shit. There are already laws on the books for those crimes and there are already laws on the books controlling guns. We do not need any more laws especially since the ones we have are not working.

Yes there are laws on the books preventing sales of alcohol to people that are not supposed to be able to buy alcohol. The seller is required to check to see if the buyer is allowed. We even do that with cigarettes, and lots of other things. There is no similar law for gun sales. You have to check someone's ID to sell them a pack of Marlborough s or a beer. otherwise the seller is in lots of trouble. No corresponding laws to sell them an AK47. You don't see that as kinda stupid?

Yes there are laws on the books preventing sales of alcohol to people that are not supposed to be able to buy alcohol. The seller is required to check to see if the buyer is allowed. We even do that with cigarettes, and lots of other things. There is no similar law for gun sales. You have to check someone's ID to sell them a pack of Marlborough s or a beer. otherwise the seller is in lots of trouble. No corresponding laws to sell them an AK47. You don't see that as kinda stupid?

More bull shit. Do you ever stop lying? There already background checks and
no, there is no gun show loophole. I can privately sell alcohol and cigarettes to anyone without seeing an ID.

no, there is no gun show loophole. I can privately sell alcohol and cigarettes to anyone without seeing an ID.

You really don't know what you are talking about. I can say I assume a 15 year old thug is a resident and can legally buy a gun. With no background checks there's no way to prove I'm lying.
How to Sell a Gun in Texas (Private Sales) - Face to Face Transfer, and Other Options
Face to Face - Personal Sale

This is the most common transaction and by far the most profitable one to boot. In the state of Texas you do not have to transfer ownership of the firearm via a dealer, nor do you have to have the firearm re-registered as there is no such firearms registration in the state of Texas.

Your only obligation is to reasonably assume that the purchaser is a Texas resident and legally able to own and possess the firearm. Often times people will request a Texas Drivers License to ensure they are a state resident, write a bill of sale, and sometimes take information from the purchaser. All of these are not required, but to some, are good practice to ensure you, as the seller, are performing your duty properly. Each seller's methods vary, and some buyers are defensive about providing personal info to strangers due to identity theft.

Once the transaction is performed you are done. There's no paperwork, no phone calls, etc. to be made.

Gun shows are good avenues for placing your guns in a buyer-rich environment. If you are unsure how to attract a buyer, I suggest a gun show.

Simple. Smoking cigarettes, driving cars and drinking beer are not rights.

For everyone who forgot leftists are liars and/or have no idea what they're talking about. Or any combination of both.

I’m still trying to figure out what they mean when they say “universal background checks “. Every libtard says they need them, but can’t say specifically what it is.

I'm assuming it's just a buzzword with no meaning, Democrats love those. They can repeat them over and over, then pretend the meaning is obvious, everyone knows, and anyone who doesn't is stupid, inherently.

If you want to buy a gun without a background check, go to any small scale gun show. Not the big flashy ones.

Then you just need to find one of the old geezers. Old timers don't give a shit about background checks.

Buying a used one without a background check is a fucking breeze.
So THAT'S how the Chicago thugs get their guns?!

Simple. Smoking cigarettes, driving cars and drinking beer are not rights.

Of course they are. They fall under the right to pursue happiness. Of course, that doesn't mean it's unreasonable to put certain restrictions on them.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/default/files/TheTruthAboutGunDealersInAmerica_0.pdf

As long as there are people who are willing to break the rules, there will be others who are willing to help them in order to make a quick buck, no matter who gets hurt in the process. While the vast majority of gun sellers in the U.S. make a good-faith effort to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, a small number of them see supplying felons and violent abusers as just another way to make a profit.

These “bad apple” gun dealers are few in number, but have a huge and deadly impact. Research shows that 90% of guns used in crimes were supplied by just 5% of dealers. These unethical businesses enable gun-wielding criminals to victimize our communities every day.

Many criminals and other dangerous people can’t pass a Brady background check, but “bad apple” gun dealers look the other way while their customers buy guns for others (straw purchasing) or purchase in bulk to illegally resell (gun trafficking). Some go even further by falsifying sales records, turning off security cameras, and skipping legally-required background checks entirely.
Thanks for reinforcing that laws don't stop criminals. You're dismissed<3

You had such high hopes for your moronic thread, didn't you, Pumply....and instead got your ass kicked.....LOL

I'm assuming it's just a buzzword with no meaning, Democrats love those. They can repeat them over and over, then pretend the meaning is obvious, everyone knows, and anyone who doesn't is stupid, inherently.

Well, yes, the meaning is obvious to anyone with a 3rd grade education. If you don't understand that universal background checks means everyone who buys a gun should be required to go through a background check, then you are stupid, inherently. Are you proud of that trait?

Wow.....if those sales are in fact illegal....we can already arrest the felons buying the guns under existing law. In fact....we could have undercover police officers at gun shows selling guns, and then see if the buyers are felons, then we can arrest them. There is no gun show loophole. The gun stores at gun shows must do federal background checks...and hope that the Air Force puts in the criminal records of the buyers......

You understand that gun stores aren't the only ones selling at gun shows, don't you?

Yep....and it isn't a loophole since private sellers don't have to do background checks when they sell their private guns.....and again, if a felon buys a gun from a private seller, we can already arrest him and throw him in jail....we already laws that cover that....

If an under aged person buys alcohol we can arrest him too. Does that mean we shouldn't have laws against selling to minors?

Never said we should....you however keep claiming that we don't want any laws about guns.....when we show you over and over again, the gun laws we want, and the punishment for breaking those laws, actually work. But because our laws go after actual gun criminals, and not law abiding gun owners who have committed no crime, you don't want them.

We have laws against felons buying, owning or carrying guns....and we catch them all the time...including this guy....he was banned from buying those 4 guns....your god....the government, failed.

Well, yes, the meaning is obvious to anyone with a 3rd grade education. If you don't understand that universal background checks means everyone who buys a gun should be required to go through a background check, then you are stupid, inherently. Are you proud of that trait?

And you are so fucking stupid that no matter how often we explain how dumb universal background checks are, you still fail to comprehend it....

Criminals do not get their guns by going into a gun store or buying them from a private, legal seller. Criminals get other people who can pass background checks buy the guns for them.....friends and family...baby mommas and grandmothers......

So.....since these "straw buyers" can pass the current, already mandated federal background checks....that means.....shithead......that these same straw buyers can go to a private seller, and pass the universal background check and get the gun....

Do you finally understand why universal background checks are stupid?

Of course, the real reason morons like you want universal background checks is that once you have them....you will wait till the next mass shooting...and then say...see, we need universal gun registration, because how do you expect universal background checks to work if we don't know who has the guns.....

That is the real reason you want them.....it has nothing to do with stopping criminals from getting guns...it has everything to do with creating the precursor to gun banning and confiscation...

You really don't know what you are talking about. I can say I assume a 15 year old thug is a resident and can legally buy a gun. With no background checks there's no way to prove I'm lying.
How to Sell a Gun in Texas (Private Sales) - Face to Face Transfer, and Other Options

This is the most common transaction and by far the most profitable one to boot. In the state of Texas you do not have to transfer ownership of the firearm via a dealer, nor do you have to have the firearm re-registered as there is no such firearms registration in the state of Texas.

Your only obligation is to reasonably assume that the purchaser is a Texas resident and legally able to own and possess the firearm. Often times people will request a Texas Drivers License to ensure they are a state resident, write a bill of sale, and sometimes take information from the purchaser. All of these are not required, but to some, are good practice to ensure you, as the seller, are performing your duty properly. Each seller's methods vary, and some buyers are defensive about providing personal info to strangers due to identity theft.

Once the transaction is performed you are done. There's no paperwork, no phone calls, etc. to be made.

Gun shows are good avenues for placing your guns in a buyer-rich environment. If you are unsure how to attract a buyer, I suggest a gun show.

Private transactions are not illegal and you won’t stop then with another Law. If you could read at an adult level you would know that I was proving that with my analogy.

Blah blah blah, it’s not illegal to privately sell a gun, nor should it be. And you could make it illegal but that would do nothing to criminals at all.

Forum List

Back