I'm sure Cable News peruses USMB

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
I can't prove it.
In the 2.5 months I've been here, I've seen national topix/viewpoints on USMB posted way before, sometimes 3-4 days before a cable news channel picks it up.
Being retired and a cable news junkie, all channels BTW; I have a suspicion that cable news channel researchers use this board for program content ideas.
Or maybe, its' just me.

More so a lot of these threads are originally articles from other websites that are ahead of cable television.

More so a lot of these threads are originally articles from other websites that are ahead of cable television.

I agree. While the blogs often have 'sensational' stories or 'scoops', the good ones on both the right and left are often far ahead of the curve. I often see things on blogs, then a day or so later on cable morning or 'opinion programs', then a day or so later mentioned in print of blurbed on networks. Really big ones, well the MSM hates it.

Truth is, MSM has now been passed as source of news, by those who really are interested. There are too few reporters, especially international, which is where the 'blogs' are taking off as so many are now going overseas. Then there is the problem with journalists left, as they are becoming a group think tank, Journolist being but one example.

Last edited:
It would make sense if cable news is 'pickin' this site for newsworthy topics, because there is a good representational cross-section of members here. Many websites/blogs are not deemed worthy of cable news coverage, so USMB would save them time as to choosing what topics to post. Especially on 'slow' news days.
USMB serves sort of like a 'filter'.

The biggest problem for cable television is a similar problem for newspapers. The internet is 24/7 all access. Newspapers take a entire day to detail the biggest news, even longer for other news. By that point, you could of read about it online within five minutes of it breaking.

Same thing with television, sure you have a 24/7 news network, but you can still find it faster and easier on the internet.

The biggest problem with the internet being 24/7 all access where anyone can say anything is that it's 24/7 all access where anyone an say anything. We've seen tons of incidents on USMB in the last two years where stories that would of never made it to being big news before are now huge news because of the internet. That has been both a good thing and a bad thing.

M-Bert, whether its' a good or bad thing, I feel one thing for sure that it is a positive testament to the USMB board, mods, and members.
If the internet ever gets censored, this board will not exist. It easy to take this for granted.

There is a reason we ask for links and such to stories posted on here, because if not then any idiot can make up something and state it as fact.

We had one gal on here posting stuff, and when asked to link it up, she would link to her blog.....lmao.

I think reporters use every tool they can (meaning resources, not the people themselves, tho there are some tools that post here) all over the internet.

Many message boards have the same stories that people pick up from various sites on the internet. And the comments are as predictable from both sides of the aisle too.

There is a reason we ask for links and such to stories posted on here, because if not then any idiot can make up something and state it as fact.

I'm in the Guinness Book of World Records 3 times.

1. Bluest eyes

2. Wealthiest 34 year old.

3. The most well hung man in history.

true story :thup:

I've been using the term douchebaggery since the 80's. I started posting it online a few years back and the next thing I know it goes viral. So then I simpliefied it to douchery. I like to stay one step ahead. :D

I've been using the term douchebaggery since the 80's. I started posting it online a few years back and the next thing I know it goes viral. So then I simpliefied it to douchery. I like to stay one step ahead. :D

You're confused mani.

You haven't been using the term since the 80's, you've been defining the term. C'mon, stop being modest here.

It would make sense if cable news is 'pickin' this site for newsworthy topics, because there is a good representational cross-section of members here. Many websites/blogs are not deemed worthy of cable news coverage, so USMB would save them time as to choosing what topics to post. Especially on 'slow' news days.
USMB serves sort of like a 'filter'.

I think you need to turn your TV the fuck off and go breathe some fresh air outside.

I posted "General Betrayus" on some other website well in advance of Code Pink making an issue of it.

Before Hussein became chic again, I gave Obama a choice of middle names between: bin, Milhous and Adolf.

You're confused mani.

You haven't been using the term since the 80's, you've been defining the term. C'mon, stop being modest here.

What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive? :cool:

You're confused mani.

What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive? :cool:

They're not. I'm just calling you out on your false modesty :cool:

Forum List

Back