I'm stupid, so I'll sue you and play the race card...

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
toledoblade.com --

In February, 2008, Ms. Price filed suit in U.S. District Court against the now-defunct Midwest Financial & Mortgage Services, two appraisers that she said turned in "inflated" appraisals of $78,000 and $89,000, and the two companies that acquired the mortgage on her house after Midwest folded, including HSBC Mortgage Services Inc.

"This course of transaction was fraudulent and calculated to bilk thousands of dollars in interest and principal payments and fees from [Ms. Price] and defendants were aware of the fraudulent nature of these transactions," Ms. Price's lawsuit says.

Now she's waiting for an arbitration that was ordered by a federal judge in April. It has yet to be scheduled.

She's also hoping that the spotlight thrown on HSBC by the Rev. Jesse Jackson in a recent local housing foreclosure case will help move her case off dead center.

Ms. Price claims in her lawsuit that she was targeted as an African-American and that her home was targeted because it is in a predominantly African-American census tract.

And she maintains that the defendants failed in their "fiduciary duty" because they knew she lived on a Social Security disability payment and could not afford the payments on loans she was approved for in 2002 and 2006.

At the time Ms. Price paid $55,000 for her house, it was valued by the Lucas County auditor at $15,228. Today it's listed at $23,714.

toledoblade.com --

In February, 2008, Ms. Price filed suit in U.S. District Court against the now-defunct Midwest Financial & Mortgage Services, two appraisers that she said turned in "inflated" appraisals of $78,000 and $89,000, and the two companies that acquired the mortgage on her house after Midwest folded, including HSBC Mortgage Services Inc.

"This course of transaction was fraudulent and calculated to bilk thousands of dollars in interest and principal payments and fees from [Ms. Price] and defendants were aware of the fraudulent nature of these transactions," Ms. Price's lawsuit says.

Now she's waiting for an arbitration that was ordered by a federal judge in April. It has yet to be scheduled.

She's also hoping that the spotlight thrown on HSBC by the Rev. Jesse Jackson in a recent local housing foreclosure case will help move her case off dead center.

Ms. Price claims in her lawsuit that she was targeted as an African-American and that her home was targeted because it is in a predominantly African-American census tract.

And she maintains that the defendants failed in their "fiduciary duty" because they knew she lived on a Social Security disability payment and could not afford the payments on loans she was approved for in 2002 and 2006.

At the time Ms. Price paid $55,000 for her house, it was valued by the Lucas County auditor at $15,228. Today it's listed at $23,714.

Where does she live that houses are so cheap? maybe that's where we should retire?

toledoblade.com --

Where does she live that houses are so cheap? maybe that's where we should retire?

Toledo, Ohio would be my guess.

But it would also be my guess that if housing prices were that low, even during the boom years, you might have a bit of a dead-prostitute-on-your-front-porch problem.

Toledo is in Ohio, so somewhere around there.

You want houses cheap though?

Radical cheap: $1,000 homes - Jan. 8, 2009

This is back in April but:

There are 18 listings in Flint, Mich., for under $3,000, according to Realtor.com. There are 22 in Indianapolis, 46 in Cleveland and a whopping 709 in Detroit. All of these communities have been hit hard by foreclosures, and most of these homes are being sold by the lenders that repossessed them.

Toledo is in Ohio, so somewhere around there.

You want houses cheap though?

Radical cheap: $1,000 homes - Jan. 8, 2009

This is back in April but:

There are 18 listings in Flint, Mich., for under $3,000, according to Realtor.com. There are 22 in Indianapolis, 46 in Cleveland and a whopping 709 in Detroit. All of these communities have been hit hard by foreclosures, and most of these homes are being sold by the lenders that repossessed them.

Detroit?

No wonder.

Toledo, Ohio would be my guess.

But it would also be my guess that if housing prices were that low, even during the boom years, you might have a bit of a dead-prostitute-on-your-front-porch problem.

Dead Prostitute would probably be the least of your problems as well.

Detroit?

No wonder.

Michigan has been hit the worst this time around, especially with all the car jobs being lost. It's ironic they bring up Flint, especially that being where Michael Moore is from and all. I think he focused on jobs being lost there with Roger and Me in like 1988. Lo and Behold, 20 years later the situation.

Detroit?

No wonder.

Michigan has been hit the worst this time around, especially with all the car jobs being lost. It's ironic they bring up Flint, especially that being where Michael Moore is from and all. I think he focused on jobs being lost there with Roger and Me in like 1988. Lo and Behold, 20 years later the situation.

Yeah, but Detroit been shit even before the recession.

Yeah, but Detroit been shit even before the recession.

That's my point. This really was like the kick that sent the coffin into the grave. Detroit is going to have to really reinvent itself if it wants to survive.

toledoblade.com --

There are plenty of homes in that price range in every major city if you're willing to live in a black neighborhood.

]

Dead Prostitute would probably be the least of your problems as well.

Yeah like her pimp showing up and yelling in a Sammuel L Jackson voice "where is my whoreoos money, I wants my money."

Last edited:
Still, 80,000 grand is pretty good, you can not even get a garden shed for that in Australia.

toledoblade.com --

'This has been and will be Mexico again' - Alberto Lozano, an official representative of the Mexican government at the Mexican consulate in San Diego on Mar 13, 2008.

San Diego? :eusa_whistle:

toledoblade.com --

By the way it is proven that during the Clinton years and ever more during the Bush years that they pushed for more minorities to get home loans.

Forum List

Back