I'm starting to sour on Trump

No, putting Social SECURITY onto the whims of the marketplace is not a good idea.

I didn't say anything about "whims" idiot. Pay fucking attention and let me educate you....

Historically, you can look at the US Stock Market over the course of ANY 40-year period and the value of stock increases. Doesn't matter if there are recessions or even Great Depressions, the stock market always rebounds. Had someone age 65 today invested in the stock market the money they had contributed over their working life, they would now be worth well over a million dollars. Instead, they face retirement with a system at risk of not being able to even pay their meager benefits. When they die, their family gets $212. It's a giant fucking Ponzi Scheme and always has been.

Now, in terms of a national retirement package to replace social security, you would have relatively safe stock bets, nothing too risky and everything would be backed and insured by the government. It wouldn't take much to do this, it would be markedly better than the current arrangement, the only difference is it would sustain itself forever and it wouldn't allow the politicians to pilfer the resources as they do currently. It would also give you a tangible ASSET... something of VALUE... not a "benefit" that ends when you die.

But apparently, you've now gulped down the Big Government Establishment Kool-Aid and no one can reason with you about this. You'd rather just turn your money over to the government and hope they'll take care of you when you're old.

Pathetic!

Boss does not understand how SS works.

Fuck you, piece of shit. Stop being a troll!

Right now, SS is funded by current workers who are paying in to the system. There is supposed to be a "trust fund" but that's now full of IOUs. The money is gone. Congress voted to count it in with the General Fund and that's largely how Clinton was able to claim he ran a surplus.

The problem comes in about another dozen years when the bulk of 70 million baby boomers retire and there will not be enough workers to support their SS benefits.

Boss, I will not tolerate your deceitful trolling.

You clearly do not understand that IOUs are easily replaced by one of two methods: either Congress pays them or Congress uncaps the income restriction. Either would resolve the problem instantly.

Above you backed off your fallacy of false equivalency of communism and Democrats/DNC.

You clearly do not understand that IOUs are easily replaced by one of two methods: either Congress pays them or Congress uncaps the income restriction. Either would resolve the problem instantly.

Above you backed off your fallacy of false equivalency of communism and Democrats/DNC.
What do Congress pay the IOU's with?

What do Congress pay the IOU's with?
Money saved by slashing DOD's budget for a decade.

Boss does not understand how SS works.

Fuck you, piece of shit. Stop being a troll!

Right now, SS is funded by current workers who are paying in to the system. There is supposed to be a "trust fund" but that's now full of IOUs. The money is gone. Congress voted to count it in with the General Fund and that's largely how Clinton was able to claim he ran a surplus.

The problem comes in about another dozen years when the bulk of 70 million baby boomers retire and there will not be enough workers to support their SS benefits.
Boss while I do not agree with peoples FICA & SECA taxes being put into the stock market; I do agree that there needs to be revamping of the budgeting, amounts that can be collected and strict limits on what those funds can be used for or taken from by congress for use in related or other programs.

No, putting Social SECURITY onto the whims of the marketplace is not a good idea.

I didn't say anything about "whims" idiot. Pay fucking attention and let me educate you....

I didnt say that you did bring up the whims of the stock market, dude, I clearly did as a rebuttal to your Market Uber Alles bullshit.

Now YOU pay fucking attention and maybe some facts might seep into that iron clad padlocked brain of yours.

Historically, you can look at the US Stock Market over the course of ANY 40-year period and the value of stock increases. Doesn't matter if there are recessions or even Great Depressions, the stock market always rebounds. Had someone age 65 today invested in the stock market the money they had contributed over their working life, they would now be worth well over a million dollars. Instead, they face retirement with a system at risk of not being able to even pay their meager benefits. When they die, their family gets $212. It's a giant fucking Ponzi Scheme and always has been.

1. Averages in the stock market are irrelevant because the way the market works, stop loss orders trigger as a fail safe and lock in losses when the stock market drops. That is in large part why so many state pension funds that were heavily invested in the stock market nearly went belly up until the Obama regime saved both with $4 trillion in QE.

2. Social Security is not a Ponzi scheme. That is just a retard lie told by Libertarians to scare folks like you.

Now, in terms of a national retirement package to replace social security, you would have relatively safe stock bets, nothing too risky and everything would be backed and insured by the government. It wouldn't take much to do this, it would be markedly better than the current arrangement, the only difference is it would sustain itself forever and it wouldn't allow the politicians to pilfer the resources as they do currently. It would also give you a tangible ASSET... something of VALUE... not a "benefit" that ends when you die.

The point of Social SECURITY is top have a sure thing, and not a series of wagers on the tides of the markets, dude.

Black Swan events are rare but they tend to happen once or twice every fifty years and that is simply too much risk for the retirement of the nation.

But apparently, you've now gulped down the Big Government Establishment Kool-Aid and no one can reason with you about this. You'd rather just turn your money over to the government and hope they'll take care of you when you're old.

Pathetic!

No one can reason with me? LOL, I am not the one that called you an idiot, dude.

Forum List

Back