I'm starting to like Republicans

Or maybe it's because you're starting to realize if you work hard and start to make money, you don't want some politician taking half of it to buy somebody else's vote.
Right on target.
Unfortunately a Republican never lowered my taxes. Only raise them.

Apparently I don't make enough to qualify for their tax breaks.

Republicans are all talk
Seven of the 8 years Reagan was in office, he raised taxes. But in their revised history, he cut taxes every year.

I kind of like Trump's agenda

FIRST, impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees.

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

* FIRST, renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and use every tool under American and international law to end them

* FIFTH, lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully - funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation,

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

It's the last we'll see of the AGW cult

Or maybe it's because you're starting to realize if you work hard and start to make money, you don't want some politician taking half of it to buy somebody else's vote.
Right on target.

Republicans are all talk
Seven of the 8 years Reagan was in office, he raised taxes. But in their revised history, he cut taxes every year.

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

* FOURTH, identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and use every tool under American and international law to end them

* FIFTH, lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and let states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully - funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation,

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values.

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

I doubt it'll be the last you see of them. Seeing as how they are right you'll be running to them as soon as you can no longer deny they are right. They should move high up to the mountains and offer zero help when people on the coast are up to their necks in their living rooms in sea water. LOL.

Right on target.

Republicans are all talk

I doubt it'll be the last you see of them. Seeing as how they are right you'll be running to them as soon as you can no longer deny they are right. They should move high up to the mountains and offer zero help when people on the coast are up to their necks in their living rooms in sea water. LOL.

I'd still love to see one repeatable lab experiment linking CO2 at these tiny levels to temperature. I'd like some researchers to show us how we ever get climate to "normal" whatever that means

Right on target.

Republicans are all talk

Shit for brains al gore said that a decade ago... guess what? No ones drowning... you progressive fucks are incredibly gullible. Lol

Republicans have come around on several things. Some would say flip flop.

1. They admit the middle class isn't doing well enough. They're finally seeing trickle down isn't working. The rich have never been richer.

2. Corporations aren't paying their fair share. Now that Obama's czar is GE CEO they're willing to admit this fact.

3. The economy under Obama is getting better under Obama. If not governors Snyder kasich and walkers are liars about their improving economies.

4. We shouldn't have sent all those jobs overseas. Unregulated free trade not good.

5. No more are Republicans saying illegals are only here doing jobs Americans won't do.

I'm proud of you GOP. You are evolving.
1. Empty talk to get votes.

2. The Republicans have actually pushed for big business, and for the rich to pay less taxes, this is since Reagan.

3. The economy was best under Bill Clinton for the last few decades.

4. George HW Bush set up the trade deal with Mexico, Bill Clinton implemented it.

5. Well, a lot of Trump buildings were built by them.

But other than that, I'm not a Republican or Democrat, and think there were many things wrong with Bill Clinton, and can see a lot of problems with Hillary, but I do think she is not as bad as Trump, who is a danger to every thing that was ever good about the United States and the world as well.

Trump himself has said he doesn't want to stop pollution because doing so is bad for big business.

The only things that make Hillary not a Republican:
1. Support for gay marriage.
2. Investigation of police abuses.
3. Her husband was a Democrat.
4. Maybe the climate change thing.

However, some of those issues are supported by some Republicans as well.

I think the future is more a coalition of Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans who want to save our democracy, or whatever is going to be left of it.

1. They admit the middle class isn't doing well enough. They're finally seeing trickle down isn't working. The rich have never been richer.

2. Corporations aren't paying their fair share. Now that Obama's czar is GE CEO they're willing to admit this fact.

3. The economy under Obama is getting better under Obama. If not governors Snyder kasich and walkers are liars about their improving economies.

4. We shouldn't have sent all those jobs overseas. Unregulated free trade not good.

5. No more are Republicans saying illegals are only here doing jobs Americans won't do.

2. The Republicans have actually pushed for big business, and for the rich to pay less taxes, this is since Reagan.

4. George HW Bush set up the trade deal with Mexico, Bill Clinton implemented it.

But other than that, I'm not a Republican or Democrat, and think there were many things wrong with Bill Clinton, and can see a lot of problems with Hillary, but I do think she is not as bad as Trump, who is a danger to every thing that was ever good about the United States and the world as well.

Trump himself has said he doesn't want to stop pollution because doing so is bad for big business.

I think the future is more a coalition of Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans who want to save our democracy, or whatever is going to be left of it.
The more I see about trump the more I like him.

One thing is he was just campaigning. He may have said some things while competing he didn't 100% mean.

I believe he wants to bring back jobs.

All the neo con stuff he does will bother me too but nothing we can do about that other than Democrats in the Senate and house need to fight anything that goes too far.

And consider all the times bill Clinton disappointed us by going along with Republicans, like NAFTA. So remember when trump let's you down, hillary would have probably went along too.

And none of the neo con stuff he might do seems like the end of the world.

If his tax breaks double the debt and don't work we can vote him out in 4. Im hearing logs of women are getting iud's in anticipation of abortion being illegal. I don't like keystone pipe but we lost so have no say about the environment.

All we can do if we don't like it is show up to the midterms and give Democrats back the Senate and house. Right now the GOP controls everything. The American people get what they asked for. I'm hoping liberals have been wrong. I don't think we were but we will see.

And as extreme as trump talked I think he will be a moderate.

Trumps going to defund programs that help the poor. Most poor people can become middle class if they try and don't make bad decisions. Maybe cons are right the poor have become dependent.

One thing is he was just campaigning. He may have said some things while competing he didn't 100% mean.

All the neo con stuff he does will bother me too but nothing we can do about that other than Democrats in the Senate and house need to fight anything that goes too far.

I see your point of view, and I'm not saying not to hope, especially since the vote was over.

But he did way too much of that campaigning stuff, as in he said things he could not possibly do, just to get votes. Which basically makes him a con-man; he didn't do it much, he did it to a ridiculous extent. And the fact that he has zero experience in politics and how government works does not inspire confidence.

I hope you are right about Congress being able to keep him in check.

He did promise to limit congressmen and senators to two terms, which would cause a severe blow to the checks and balances system.

I want to point out that in most other democracies a president does not have as much power as in the USA. In some the vice president (or whatever he/she is called) is elected by the parliament, in others the leader of the opposition is automatically the vice president.

Not only that, all that Russia stuff is enough to see America's loss of sovereignty over itself.

Last edited:

Because Trump brought FDR Democrats into the big tent.

The more I see about trump the more I like him.

I believe he wants to bring back jobs.

And consider all the times bill Clinton disappointed us by going along with Republicans, like NAFTA. So remember when trump let's you down, hillary would have probably went along too.

If his tax breaks double the debt and don't work we can vote him out in 4. Im hearing logs of women are getting iud's in anticipation of abortion being illegal. I don't like keystone pipe but we lost so have no say about the environment.

All we can do if we don't like it is show up to the midterms and give Democrats back the Senate and house. Right now the GOP controls everything. The American people get what they asked for. I'm hoping liberals have been wrong. I don't think we were but we will see.

And as extreme as trump talked I think he will be a moderate.

Trumps going to defund programs that help the poor. Most poor people can become middle class if they try and don't make bad decisions. Maybe cons are right the poor have become dependent.

_DSC0179.JPG

Given that Trump won less votes than Romney, it appears that Clinton lost the election more than Trump won it.

No one of any intelligence is saying any of that. And any of the GOP who are are the ones that real conservatives are trying to get rid of. Why allow a bunch of liars run the GOP?
Are you sure? Seems pretty accurate to me

Sealy, you sound concussed
I have a memory and I can remember when the GOP's arguments were different. I realize neither party is fixed into any position. Look how one day blacks are voting GOP then after the great Mississippi flood to the civil right movement the GOP lost the black vote.

The GOP hadn't changed their position on one thing since hw bush raised taxes. It's nice to see they are coming around on a few things.

Surprisingly with the koch brothers backing the GOP is also pushing for prison reform. Wasting a lot of money on marijuana sales.
Maybe YOU'RE the one who is evolving.
No. There is a reason trump beat the Republicans and it's because he tweeked the GOP message. He said a lot of things us liberals have been saying for years.

My
Sealy, you sound concussed
I have a memory and I can remember when the GOP's arguments were different. I realize neither party is fixed into any position. Look how one day blacks are voting GOP then after the great Mississippi flood to the civil right movement the GOP lost the black vote.

The GOP hadn't changed their position on one thing since hw bush raised taxes. It's nice to see they are coming around on a few things.

Surprisingly with the koch brothers backing the GOP is also pushing for prison reform. Wasting a lot of money on marijuana sales.
Maybe YOU'RE the one who is evolving.
But my positions haven't changed.
I'll bet your position on taxes has changed. That's usually how it starts. When you're young and idealistic, wealth redistribution sounds fair and noble but when you start struggling to succeed and it starts to pay off, you don't feel quite as generous as you did when it was somebody else's money.
Let's see if our taxes go down.

No one of any intelligence is saying any of that. And any of the GOP who are are the ones that real conservatives are trying to get rid of. Why allow a bunch of liars run the GOP?
Are you sure? Seems pretty accurate to me
There are no traditional conservatives left in the GOP. The mainstream of the GOP are trying to run the darkwinds from the party. The hope is that Trump will so disappoint them they will form their own party.

No, he did not. That is something your have dreamed up while bonging. Trump did lure Reagan working upper midwest dems into the tent. If good paying jobs do not emere, they will abandon him.

Given that Trump won less votes than Romney, it appears that Clinton lost the election more than Trump won it.
Clinton won more votes than any white male candidate ever for the presidency.

Forum List

Back