I'm Starting To Become Of The Mind That ALL USMB RWers Aren't That Bad

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

There are a lot of really terrific righties buried in there amongst the hacks and sockpuppets.

I always knew there were one or two peppered in-between the bunch.

However, what inspired this thread is a seeming SURGE of them, I mean, members that I've been at odds with repping me for something I totally did not expect, then us having private messages further discussing it.

I'm shocked...shocked!! :eek: (No sarcasm)

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

You personify the "smug liberal" label.

There are a lot of really terrific righties buried in there amongst the hacks and sockpuppets.

I always knew there were one or two peppered in-between the bunch.

However, what inspired this thread is a seeming SURGE of them, I mean, members that I've been at odds with repping me for something I totally did not expect, then us having private messages further discussing it.

I'm shocked...shocked!! :eek: (No sarcasm)

You may be shocked but I look at it as further evidence you are way behind the times.

Or Perhaps it is that some of us are not as RW as you think we are? :)

Or Perhaps it is that some of us are not as RW as you think we are? :)

If I start to name names, you'd be shocked. I know who the rabid RWers on here. :lol:

Last edited:
I've been guilty of being very rigid and closed-minded in the past. But i'm trying to fix that. Message Boards tend to bring out the worst in us. Most of us get so fixated on proving ourselves right that we feel we must ridicule and belittle others to accomplish that. It's a weakness in human nature and the nature of the beast as far as Message Boards go. All you can do is work on it and try not to fall into that trap too often. Most people are good. I truly believe that. I think it's best to start from there. But i know that's very difficult. Anyway,good post. Keep em coming.

:clap2:

Jerks are jerks regardless of their political views. I don't have anybody on Ignore, but I'm not usually going to respond to a flame throwing moron who's not looking for a discussion but instead wants to engage in some mudslinging. That was not a reference to anybody in particular BTW, if somebody wants a serious debate then I'm in. Otherwise I ain't interested.

You don't seem to be very appreciative of such generosity by a man of MarcATL's stature. He didn't HAVE to make this thread you know, he could have just let us all continue thinking we were stepped on dog turds but he didn't.

You owe this man something.

You don't seem to be very appreciative of such generosity by a man of MarcATL's stature. He didn't HAVE to make this thread you know, he could have just let us all continue thinking we were stepped on dog turds but he didn't.

LOL...I think I'm going to thank and rep you just for making me laugh.

:lol:

Oh I do, I do.

I was lost, but now, I am found...I have seen the light brother and when I log off, I am going to report myself to Attack-Watch.

I must atone.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Honestly, I enjoy reading your stuff. Ironically, we are both contradictions.

You are a liberal bible thumper, and I'm a conservative atheist.

I have no problem with people I disagree with when they state their positions and back them up.

If politicians would stop working so hard to divide us we would all get along ...

Honestly, I enjoy reading your stuff. Ironically, we are both contradictions.

You are a liberal bible thumper, and I'm a conservative atheist.

I have no problem with people I disagree with when they state their positions and back them up.
I'm not quite sure if I like or agree with your term "bible thumper" as I define that as someone that goes around bludgeoning people with the Bible. I simply speak the truth on it when it comes up. However, I guess there's worse things that could be said.

But yes, interesting and good observation of the opposites that we are.

:thup:

I've been guilty of being very rigid and closed-minded in the past. But i'm trying to fix that. Message Boards tend to bring out the worst in us. Most of us get so fixated on proving ourselves right that we feel we must ridicule and belittle others to accomplish that. It's a weakness in human nature and the nature of the beast as far as Message Boards go. All you can do is work on it and try not to fall into that trap too often. Most people are good. I truly believe that. I think it's best to start from there. But i know that's very difficult. Anyway,good post. Keep em coming.

What I like about your posts is that you are true to Paul. I find it funny, and a bit kooky but I respect it. :thup:

Forum List

Back