I'm sorry, you aren't born with a womb and ovaries, you aren't a woman

Then why are there 2 different laegues?

It's b/c men are stronger and can therefore hit the ball further. At least on the pro level.

Are you honestly supporting this goon? Do you truly beleive that getting it cut off stops you from being a man?

This is Riplies Bleive it or Not kind of news.

Shouldn't we have more than 2 leagues? One for the really strong men, one for the less strong men, etc?

If we're going to HAVE such a thing as sports limited by gender, then it behooves us to actually limit those events to people of the same gender, don't you think?

Of course, the question of whether or not we should have women's and men's sports is entirely a different question.

Personally, I think we ought to have gender-specific sports.

And for those who think that such a thing is an abomination and sexist?

Well let them play in leagues where gender is NOT an issue.

There's no reason whatever we cannot offer both options, is there?

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue. I think gender-specific sports often create a situation where the male league has way more funding than the equivalent female league. By preventing women in competing in men leagues, the consequence is that women are also excluded from organisations with more funding.

Anyways, if the argument is one of fairness (as to why there should be gender based leagues), it seems to me that weight and height must play an even bigger role. I'm not sure a blanket gender rule is very precise either.

Womens soccer is WAY more famous than the mens.
Womens tennis and golf are on equal footing.
Womens volley all is tops over the mens

Only football and basketball are dominated by men. [ok baseball too, but I don't think they have a league]

If we made all things equal, which is impossible. Imagine a 260 pound running back with boob implants playing in womens football.

It is harder to hit a women's fast pitch than it is a baseball pitch. Just sayin.

If we're going to HAVE such a thing as sports limited by gender, then it behooves us to actually limit those events to people of the same gender, don't you think?

Of course, the question of whether or not we should have women's and men's sports is entirely a different question.

Personally, I think we ought to have gender-specific sports.

And for those who think that such a thing is an abomination and sexist?

Well let them play in leagues where gender is NOT an issue.

There's no reason whatever we cannot offer both options, is there?

I'm not sure where I stand on this issue. I think gender-specific sports often create a situation where the male league has way more funding than the equivalent female league. By preventing women in competing in men leagues, the consequence is that women are also excluded from organisations with more funding.

Anyways, if the argument is one of fairness (as to why there should be gender based leagues), it seems to me that weight and height must play an even bigger role. I'm not sure a blanket gender rule is very precise either.

Only football and basketball are dominated by men. [ok baseball too, but I don't think they have a league]

If we made all things equal, which is impossible. Imagine a 260 pound running back with boob implants playing in womens football.

There's womens hockey, but it's pretty much only semi-popular up here and in Canada--it was popular at my college because they won national championships and were annual contenders in the women's frozen four. I've watched it, and there was a noticeable difference in speed and physicality between them and the men's team--the emphasis was more on precision passing and agility. Basic rule, the more physical the sport, the wider the skill disparity between the two genders. It comes down to basic biology.

What would be cool to see, as far as golf goes, is to have a tournament one weekend out of the season with male/female pairings playing other pairings. Call it the Sex Cup. :eusa_think:

This ruling is not fair for those people who have been living with their congenital handicap of being born female.

It's b/c men are stronger and can therefore hit the ball further. At least on the pro level.

Are you honestly supporting this goon? Do you truly beleive that getting it cut off stops you from being a man?

Shouldn't we have more than 2 leagues? One for the really strong men, one for the less strong men, etc?

I think that pro sports should be subdivided into Varsity and JV.

I agree.

If you weren't born a woman, you cannot compete in atheletic events with women who were.

I have no problem with transgender folks, but I do not think it fair that a trannie whose bone structure is male gets to compete with authentic women.

It just is not fair.
Bone structure??!!!! :eusa_eh:

532.gif

People, like you, remind me o' the old All In The Family episode, where Archie insisted Blacks could dance, better....because o' "...that extra-bone, in their foot!"

528.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Civil Rights issue?!?!

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

So once the all mighty penis is removed you stop having the strength of a man? hahahahah

So Sampson didn't get a hair cut then but a penis cut? hahahahaha

oh man, stoopid is as stoopid does

I guess you aren't aware of all the hormone therapy that goes on long before that last operation.

And strength (even diminished) is not everything in golf.

pfft

Yes, you are NOT aware about all the hormone therapy that goes on...and what it does to male musculature.

we do,

It's called the Minor League, or College.

It is harder to hit a women's fast pitch than it is a baseball pitch. Just sayin.

I'm a little confused. Were you trying to zing me with that?

I whatched that Olympic pitcher sweep 3 big league batters. You can get a lot more speed underhand than you can any other way.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—LPGA players have voted to allow transgender players to compete on tour in response to a lawsuit filed by a California woman who had her sex changed five years ago.

The players voted to remove the “female at birth” requirement from the tour’s constitution at a year-end meeting at the LPGA Tour Championship, commissioner Michael Whan said. He said steps will be taken in the coming weeks to make the change.

Lana Lawless, a former police officer who had the sex change operation, filed the federal lawsuit in San Francisco in October claiming the “female at birth” requirement violated California’s civil rights law. The 57-year-old Lawless wanted to prevent the LPGA from conducting tournaments in the state until it changed its policy and was seeking unspecified damages.

LPGA to change gender requirement - Golf - Yahoo! Sports

I don't care how they surgically alter you, you aren't a woman. They can't give you a womb, or ovaries or any of the real things that make you a woman. They can only "simulate" it.

And not even very well. Look at the guy (above) He doesn't even look that much like a woman. I mean you can tell that's a guy.

And besides that, this is extremely unfair to REAL WOMEN. There is a reason there are different leagues (or whatever you call it) for Golf (like in any other sport). Men would have an unfair advantage over women, because of their physical strength.

But you surgically alter a man and suddenly this makes all things on an even keel? I don't think so.

If I were the women players in Golf, I wouldn't cowtow to this. They should fight this.

This is just another example of the insanity of political correctness.

Just insane!

Yeah, I'm sure these REAL WOMEN of the LPGA agree with you. lololol

89881127.jpg

I guess you aren't aware of all the hormone therapy that goes on long before that last operation.

And strength (even diminished) is not everything in golf.

pfft

Yes, you are NOT aware about all the hormone therapy that goes on...and what it does to male musculature.

Oh goody. They will still be stronger than a woman. Or does anyone remember Rene Richards?

It's just total PC BS to pretend otherwise.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pfft

Oh goody. They will still be stronger than a woman. Or does anyone remember Rene Richards?

It's just total PC BS to pretend otherwise.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, golf is all about strength?

I agree.

If you weren't born a woman, you cannot compete in atheletic events with women who were.

I have no problem with transgender folks, but I do not think it fair that a trannie whose bone structure is male gets to compete with authentic women.

It just is not fair.

I agree.

But Babe Didrikson got away with it.

Forum List

Back