I'm sorry Mom! We couldn't save you, but we'd save other mothers!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
I understand this historic moment more than anyone else.

My mother had to make that fateful decision.

With cancer eating away at her body, she'd chosen to feed our family, versus continuing to pay the high health insurance rates...

She died on July of 1992

Forget you insensitive GOPers who never had an illness devestate your family' finances! I'm glad that this is over with.

To my mom, in heaven, I say thank you for your sacrifice and your death has been avenged.

I miss you.

Demonstrably untrue.
The Health Care Bill will not save anyone.
It will raise costs without providing the extra caregivers required to make universal coverage more than a pipe dream.
UHC will not save the government money.
Within 15 years it will have the nation on the verge of bankruptcy.

Mediscam was supposed to do everything the UHC bill purports to do.
It failed in every measurable way.
This bill will be an even more massive failure.

Finally, even today, someone diagnosed with cancer and receiving the best care possible may not survive and beat the cancer, so your conclusion that it was lack of health care that doomed your mother is at best hyperbole.

"Within 15 years it will have the nation on the verge of bankruptcy."

With or without the healthcare bill though.

Demonstrably untrue.
It will raise costs without providing the extra caregivers required to make universal coverage more than a pipe dream.

Finally, even today, someone diagnosed with cancer and receiving the best care possible may not survive and beat the cancer, so your conclusion that it was lack of health care that doomed your mother is at best hyperbole.

Did you just come out of a coma ?
Depending on which liar you ask the fallen Mpyre is between 3 and 13 TRILLION in the hole.
It bankrupted long ago. Nukes and an enormous military is all that has kept it running.
Nations around the world are spending wildly..... in hopes of someday taking YOU off the map with your welfare child, IsNtReal.

Demonstrably untrue.

You post a series of hypothetical statements and you accuse someone else of hyperbole? :lol:

So by passing this health care bill we've now got a cure for cancer too? Who knew?

Rick

Not just cancer, Rick. Obama has outlawed death, permanently, with immediate effect. Great, huh?

Of course, this whole 'overcrowed planet' thing is just a right wing scare tactic. Obama is going to create more room on the planet next year.

This is all true, I heard it from Media Matters - those guys don't lie. (That's a lie)

My mother had to make that fateful decision.

With cancer eating away at her body, she'd chosen to feed our family, versus continuing to pay the high health insurance rates...

She died on July of 1992

Forget you insensitive GOPers who never had an illness devestate your family' finances! I'm glad that this is over with.

To my mom, in heaven, I say thank you for your sacrifice and your death has been avenged.

I miss you.

So she could have died standing in line instead. Big whoop, fucknut.:eusa_eh:

So by passing this health care bill we've now got a cure for cancer too? Who knew?

Rick

Not just cancer, Rick. Obama has outlawed death, permanently, with immediate effect. Great, huh?

Of course, this whole 'overcrowed planet' thing is just a right wing scare tactic. Obama is going to create more room on the planet next year.

This is all true, I heard it from Media Matters - those guys don't lie. (That's a lie)

This is a fearmongering, histrionic appeal to emotion. Nothing more nor less.

Hystrionics.

I have NO health coverage whatsoever. I am dealing with the devatstating (and life long effects) of a chronic, progressive illness caused by the over-use of steroids to treat my Asthma that started when I was an infant.

See....the fucking doctors back in 1963 didn't know that if you give a baby 200 mg of prednisone every day for months on end, you damage their adrenal glands, their bones (called Osteopenia) and eventually, their ability to walk, stand, sit, breathe and regulate their adrenal response. Google "adrenal crisis". LOTSA fun that is!!!! :woohoo:

Yes. That's what I'm dealing with. It will likely kill me before all is said and done, and it will do that with or without health insurance.

I used to have an EXCELLENT plan provided to me by my former employer (a major Telcom you would recognize if I told you). My co-pays were $10 dollars at the doc and $5 for Rx meds.

I got laid off last year in April 09 due to the recession (along with 8,000 of my colleagues). Lost my health coverage. Lost my house to flooding in September 09. Just barely keeping me and my kids afloat while I re-train at school to do something more in lines with my physical ability.

I took an ambulance ride to the ER two weeks ago because I couldn't breathe. $500. I don't have it. Guess what? They're working with me. I pay 'em $10 a month. They're happy, I'm happy.

I private pay with my doctor who I see once a month. That $95 office visit is now $47.50. I scratch it up each month, and I go. My meds...about $100/month, this includes my BP and Cox-2 inhibitor. I use something called ScripSolutions discount program. 60% off my meds right off the top. Couldn't afford them without this program, which is FREE.

Scrip Solutions

All told, I am paying LESS to provide for my own medical care than if I were getting insurance coverage, AND, my health care decisions remain right here with ME AND MY DOCTOR. Nobody else. No shithead in Washington who's never met me, no shithead clerical in some insurance company who's never met me.

ME AND MY DOCTOR decide what treatments I require. I pay up front, he gives me 50% discount, I get a 60% discount on meds AND....everybody is still making money.

This health care plan from Obammy is shit. BUT....believe you me, I will take him up on the offer if everyone else is. Why not? Once I was in the working class, paying taxes and had private cover. Due to HIS Recession, my job, my home, and....my life as I once knew it are gone. I'm learning how to be newly poor.

This one's for ME! Yeeee-haw!!!

Thanks Mom....I love you! :woohoo:

Last edited:
even with insurance....cancer patients will end up in debt....simple as that....

Yes. My sister has breast CA. Her nausea meds were $1,300, and insurance DIDN'T PAY. This.....when she was on Chemo. She and her husband bought the pills out of pocket. Ten pills, $1,300 dollars. Times 6 rounds of Chemo. :eusa_doh:

She just got hauled into court over "unpaid hospital bills". She and her husband paid every damned dime in premiums and co-pays, and yet the hospital dug up $4,000 they said was never paid. They ended up settling with the hospital at $1,400.

Yes, even Cancer patients with health insurance end up eating BIG chunks of their bills.

I have NO health coverage whatsoever. I am dealing with the devatstating (and life long effects) of a chronic, progressive illness caused by the over-use of steroids to treat my Asthma that started when I was an infant.
Wow you could instead lie down and whine and be another poster child for health care reform.
Instead you take charge of as much as you can and work to make your life better.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
As well as best wishes in your battle.

Wow you could instead lie down and whine and be another poster child for health care reform.
Instead you take charge of as much as you can and work to make your life better.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
As well as best wishes in your battle.

Thans, Man! You made my day! :D

Seeing my doc in the morning. Can't wait to get HIS take on "reform", then ask the Pharmacists about it when they fill my meds for me.

Should make for some *very* interesting discusion. I sure the hell hope my PCP doesn't tell me he's retiring. :(

Our Pediatrician (who was mine as a kid), the only doctor who EVER treated my 15 year old twins, just retired in November 2009. He saw reform coming and saw no reason to keep his Pediatric practice open. He sold it on to a nutcase I am going to fire as soon as I can find a new doctor. Lucky us. Dammit.

He was an AWESOME pediatrician.

Forum List

Back