Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14337

Excerpt:

George Soros Teaches the FBI Tolerance
By Daniel Pipes and Sharon Chadha
FrontPageMagazine.com | July 22, 2004

The special agent in charge of FBI’s Washington Field Office has participated in a new initiative called the Promising Practices Guide: Developing Partnerships Between Law Enforcement and American Muslim, Arab, and Sikh Communities. This is a worrisome development because that guide’s adoption could significantly impede the war on terror.

Funded by the Soros and Whiting foundations and created at Northeastern University, the guide presents its goal as shaping “a basic curriculum for future law enforcement and community training activities.” At first glance, this sounds promising, as it offers ways to take advantage of Arab, Muslim and Sikh unique “linguistic skills, information, and cultural insights” to develop new counterterrorism initiatives.

But the guide’s authors, Deborah A. Ramirez, Sasha Cohen O’Connell and Rabia Zafar, quickly alert the reader as to their true agenda. “The most dangerous threats in this war” they write, “are rooted in the successful propagation of anger and fear directed at unfamiliar cultures and people.” The most dangerous threat, they say, is not the very real violence of Islamist terror but the alleged bias of American authorities against some minority populations. The guide might present itself as an aide to counterterrorism but its real purpose is to deflect attention from national security to the privileging of select communities.

In this spirit, and ignoring the fact that those who are making war on America act explicitly in the name of Islam, the Promising Practices Guide renounces any approach to law enforcement that focuses on “religion or national origin.” Islamic charities, a known source of terrorist funding, should not be given special scrutiny lest “this creates an impression of unjust, religious, and/or national origin-based targeting.” Nor apparently should those suspected of plotting terrorism be detained for lesser crimes such as immigration violations or firearms offenses, as to the community, “these may appear to be ‘pretext’ investigations.” Using the guide’s logic, no one should be singled out, not even would-be terrorists, not even for questioning.

The guide grants Arab and Muslim concerns a higher priority than standard law enforcement practices. For example, the routine rotation of law enforcement personnel is said to obstruct a sense of belonging; Salam Al-Marayati of the Muslim Public Affairs Council complained that “Once you know somebody [within law enforcement], they move [on].” The guide’s authors accept that constant rotations reduce the chance of corruption but nonetheless advocate that these communities be excepted and allowed to develop cozy relations with law enforcement.

The authors sympathetically relate that some community organizations (including a branch of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee) refused to cooperate with them due to a skepticism about operational-level discussions with law enforcement. They were convinced instead that the root of the problem lies elsewhere – in “unjust legislation from the highest levels of government and the American public’s acceptance of racial profiling.” To address this type of concern, the guide recommends that police efforts move away from a traditional focus on making arrests and toward developing community partnerships that consist of explaining immigration law and airport security policy.

Rather than concentrate on leads to protect the country from terrorism, the “best and brightest” in law enforcement should be recruited to work on community outreach initiatives. This special consideration flows from many reasons, including a supposed view of law enforcement by Arabs and Muslims as “an extension of U.S. policies or actions that concern them, such as the current war in Iraq and U.S. foreign policy in Israel.”

Wow, this is really sickening to read, as if I'm supposed to believe this all just a domestic problem and that foreigners are not simply 99.9% responsible for 9/11. I call the flag of B.S. on the entire report, and simply wonder how utterly stupid it would be to approach international terrorism as a domestic matter.

:bsflag:

OMG this is shit!

I followed the direct links from Frontpage and definately respect the hell out of their report considering just about every claim is linked to a source. Thta's what seperates this from all the left wing rags on the internet.

Specifically, FBI Special Agent in Charge, Washington Field Office, Michael Rolince and the President of the American Task Force on Palestine, Dr. Ziad Asali have served as project advisors and in addition, the project has received support from the following national community organizations: AAI, ADC, SMART and MPAC.

I had no idea there was a "task force" on Palestine and that he was an Arab, but now I abhor him as a reasonable man. And we pay this man's salary to come up with another feces flinging monkey! What the hell???

Oh, yeah, don't forget the true agenda quoted in the memo here:

http://www.ace.neu.edu/pfp/partnerships.pdf

"From the perspective of the American Muslim, Arab,
and Sikh communities, these partnerships are critical for
three reasons. First, these partnerships help to ensure the
mitigation of damage to the community that could result
from counterterrorism initiatives that are by their very
nature intrusive."

Howabout those Sikh's and their terrorism in America?

Anyway, I don't think the FBI will take to heart what is simply a project sponsored by a few NorthEastern University functionaries who probably interviewed the agent for a few minutes. Actually a part of me hopes the FBI might plant a few bugs here and there to see if anyone is truly trying to undermine the security of our country.

I actually downloaded the stuff to read at my leisure. On the face of it, examples notwithstanding, this seems like a good idea. I grew up in a small town where most people felt a sense of community. You looked in on your neighbors. You noticed when their lawn was uncut or their snow not removed- if there were a reason (such as injury or vacation) you did it for them. Police were the good guys...you felt safe with them.

In most cities, that community feeling is not there and, for whatever reason, police and other law enforcement have no connection to their citizens. I'm not saying the law enforcers are evil, prejudiced or wrong- just that they have no community connection. That connection is VERY important. Especially if you are expecting cooperation from the community.

In my opinion, anything that helps law enforcment get an inroad into a particularly important community (for terrorism research/prevention) while at the same time allowing said community to feel more protected from prejudice against it is a good thing. Arabs/Muslims should not be persecuted (and I'm NOT saying they are, just that I agree with them that they shouldn't be) just because of who they are. As long as the scrutiny that is put upon them by law enforcement follows our laws then I don't care how the hell we get their (the Arabs/Muslims) cooperation. If it makes them feel better that the law enforcers sit with them at dinner, so be it.

I think I'll read the stuff and see what it says.

Moi said:
I actually downloaded the stuff to read at my leisure. On the face of it, examples notwithstanding, this seems like a good idea. I grew up in a small town where most people felt a sense of community. You looked in on your neighbors. You noticed when their lawn was uncut or their snow not removed- if there were a reason (such as injury or vacation) you did it for them. Police were the good guys...you felt safe with them.

In most cities, that community feeling is not there and, for whatever reason, police and other law enforcement have no connection to their citizens. I'm not saying the law enforcers are evil, prejudiced or wrong- just that they have no community connection. That connection is VERY important. Especially if you are expecting cooperation from the community.

In my opinion, anything that helps law enforcment get an inroad into a particularly important community (for terrorism research/prevention) while at the same time allowing said community to feel more protected from prejudice against it is a good thing. Arabs/Muslims should not be persecuted (and I'm NOT saying they are, just that I agree with them that they shouldn't be) just because of who they are. As long as the scrutiny that is put upon them by law enforcement follows our laws then I don't care how the hell we get their (the Arabs/Muslims) cooperation. If it makes them feel better that the law enforcers sit with them at dinner, so be it.

I think I'll read the stuff and see what it says.

I will look for your analysis, because I didn't do near enough research to discredit the entire report. Just enough to dispute the importance of the source (being attributed to one FBI agent sympatheic to Palestinians and the rest affiliated with a college). Nobody would expect this report to possibly become policy in the FBI, given the participation consists of one single Arab and no other agent.

I also feel highly suspicous that the intent of the report is based upon US domestic racial and religious politics and has no rational strategy to offset the possibility of another 9/11 style attack, given it's focus on domestic intelligence.

9/11 was not a domestic issue.

Anyway, I agree 100% with Kathianne until someone wants to argue a particular point in the report (which is linked to and easily quoted).

Please quote stuff!

Forum List

Back