i'm sorry, but this is well and truly fucked up

It's a highly fact-sensitive issue, Maggie Mae. And it can be impossible to show negligent supervision once the child is a teenager.

I'm not outright opposed to this, but if we apply criminal sanctions to parents, there (usually) must be some sort of intent proved. As a society, we do not even agree what level of supervision a teenager should be given.

And what about severely emotionally disturbed children? If their behavior causes harm, do we jail the parents even though they have tried to control the kid?

It's a highly fact-sensitive issue, Maggie Mae. And it can be impossible to show negligent supervision once the child is a teenager.

I'm not outright opposed to this, but if we apply criminal sanctions to parents, there (usually) must be some sort of intent proved. As a society, we do not even agree what level of supervision a teenager should be given.

And what about severely emotionally disturbed children? If their behavior causes harm, do we jail the parents even though they have tried to control the kid?

Yes we certainly do, if you have a child who has severe problems, you owe it to society to make sure they are never in a situation where they can cause damage.

There have been some terrible crimes committed here lately as well, del. I don't think there can be any meaning behind them. Sometimes, horrible things just happen.

My guess is the girl pissed off the boy and he tried to kill her with all the forethought he'd give to playing a video game. I dunno what we're supposed to do with people that damaged.

I do, you start throwing the parents of the misbehaving children in prison.

Well, if you are going to criminalize parenting then what standards will you use? Must the parents have been negligent in some way? Will there be a reasonable consideration of different parenting styles? Or are you just going to make the parents strictly liable for their child's conduct?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I just don't think it's all that workable.

Stricly based off the child's behavior. If you've taught your child well enough to trust them on their own, then great you won't be punished for letting them be on their own. but if they do wrong, you get punished even if you weren't there.

:disbelief: That's just wow. What the hell, where are the damn parents in all this? :eusa_eh:

beats me-supposedly they both live with their parents, but it boggles the mind.

if my daughter had gotten pregnant at 11, my wife and i would have had it terminated. 11 years old, jesus

Why is it nobody will even consider adoption. Everyone is in such a hurry to just "TERMINATE" it. My 15 Year old sister inlaw did get pregnant and have an Abortion. Which I told her I thought she should not do. I told her to look into adoption.

Now she is 20 and is still haunted and messed up over what she did. It didn't really hit her until she had a child 5 months ago. Then she realized that back 5 years ago she didn't just get un pregnant. She killed a baby who would be a 5 year old kid right now if she had not been so selfish and irresponsible.

I have never gotten how Liberals rectify their beliefs. Supposedly all compassionate but for Killing babies, even up to the moment of birth in some cases. It is just sick. Don't get me wrong I know Abortion has its place if the life of the mother is at serious risk, but beyond that I do not see it as a right, for some selfish women who got pregnant, to kill a baby just because she does not want to be burdened with a child. Either keep your legs crossed or Man up.

IMO Anyways

Forum List

Back