I'm Sick of the Politics of Fear

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
I'm sick of left-wing zealots screaming that the world as we know it is going collapse if we don't spend billions to save some obscure little insect. And I'm already sick of the right-wing zealots trying to scare up votes by telling older folks they aren't going to be able afford health coverage now.

Both sides prey on, incite, and basically scare the heck out of people in order to further their own, selfish political ambitions.

I'm just sick of all the yelling and screaming across the aisle, I'm sick of all those elevating partisan politics ahead of good government, and I'm sick and tired of those manipulating people with fear, religion, or whatever other weapon they find handy in order to con people into voting for them and donating to their election campaigns.

I know this is nothing new - it's been going on since we started this grand experiement called democracy. But it has reached such a sleazy and hated-infused level at this point, that I'm completely fed up.

The candidate(s) who will get my support are the ones who can put country ahead of party, who can constructively work alongside people they disagree with, who can use legislation as a tool for improving our country - NOT as a weapon to try to embarass "the other guys," and who do not twist and distort the issues to scare people into supporting them. They may only get one vote - but it will be mine.

I'm sick of left-wing zealots screaming that the world as we know it is going collapse if we don't spend billions to save some obscure little insect. And I'm already sick of the right-wing zealots trying to scare up votes by telling older folks they aren't going to be able afford health coverage now.

Both sides prey on, incite, and basically scare the heck out of people in order to further their own, selfish political ambitions.

I'm just sick of all the yelling and screaming across the aisle, I'm sick of all those elevating partisan politics ahead of good government, and I'm sick and tired of those manipulating people with fear, religion, or whatever other weapon they find handy in order to con people into voting for them and donating to their election campaigns.

I know this is nothing new - it's been going on since we started this grand experiement called democracy. But it has reached such a sleazy and hated-infused level at this point, that I'm completely fed up.

The candidate(s) who will get my support are the ones who can put country ahead of party, who can constructively work alongside people they disagree with, who can use legislation as a tool for improving our country - NOT as a weapon to try to embarass "the other guys," and who do not twist and distort the issues to scare people into supporting them. They may only get one vote - but it will be mine.

the gloves have come off.....the nicities no longer survive when survival is in question....this is the very real "fear" today....

I laugh in the face of fear, especially phantom fears. I look around at the lack of real courage in Americans and it makes me sick.

the gloves have come off.....the nicities no longer survive when survival is in question....this is the very real "..fear" today..
So, as a response to a post decrying the politics of fear, you employ the politics of fear. What color is the sky in your world?

Hmm! I don't much like pubs OR rats, just sayin'.

Do you believe in either or both global warming crisis or anthropogenic climate change? If the "left" is trying to save an insect, maybe they should advocate for legal hemp, and we should also grow switchgrass, for biomass, and we should re-green deserts, lest a mass-extinction event kill humans.

As for the "right," they like to daisy-chain, with the "left," and representatives thereby scam shitloads of money, year after year, to argue, pointlessly, about war, Obamneycare, F&F, the price of shit going up, and whatever.

Meanwhile, the USA needs to stop funding Israel and the drug war, cut related spending, grow biomass, re-green deserts, and have a nice day! Or climate change will land us, at Mass Extinction Event 6, some time after the economy tanks.

BDBoop - GREAT video - I think I really like this guy.
He said it much better and a heck of a lot funnier.

Anyone who has any sense of reality and just happened to not be totally married to any ideology would remember that it's not only leftist that use fear as a tool. All one would have to do is read almost any thread or just look at recent main stage history by our political leaders from both sides to see fear implemented as a means to win a point.
Like the OP, I'm sick of it.

the gloves have come off.....the nicities no longer survive when survival is in question....this is the very real "..fear" today..
So, as a response to a post decrying the politics of fear, you employ the politics of fear. What color is the sky in your world?

the reality is staring you in the face......only an idiot would not fear for what is happening to our country....

what color is the sky of your myopic dream world.....?

BDBoop - GREAT video - I think I really like this guy.
He said it much better and a heck of a lot funnier.

Sadly, he committed suicide several years ago. I was despondent.

Richard Jeni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He did have a way with words. :) If you can get that particular video from Netflix? It is well worth the time it takes to watch it.

Particularly the bit about farting women. I was laughing so hard, tears were involved, AND I sounded like a hyena.

These days, republicans have a near monopoly on chicken little tactics, their portrayal of America as a broke, broken pile of lazy bums looking for a handout and yet still the greatest country on earth got on my last nerve a long time ago. Are we strong as any country has ever been or a fragile treasure that can collapse just because the latest corporate puppet president happens to have a (D) after their name?

Very good post, nodog. This election has become so bitter and we have fallen victim to partisan hackery! As a conservative, I have become more demonstrative than I would like to be. When I find a poster, who is objective and even questioning his own balance, I find it so refreshing I rejoice.

I guess in my own mind, I find this election to be so important, even more than those in the past because of the direction of the country has taken and the crisis we are in...something like we haven't seen in our lifetime.

I appreciate your post and will try to be a considerate poster without the drama and look for the candidate who indeed reflects his love for the country above his party. Party hats should be left at the door, and that is where we lost our way.

I laugh in the face of fear, especially phantom fears. I look around at the lack of real courage in Americans and it makes me sick.

Yeah we're used to phantom fears from you. Libtards make shit up all the time.

These days, republicans have a near monopoly on chicken little tactics, their portrayal of America as a broke, broken pile of lazy bums looking for a handout and yet still the greatest country on earth got on my last nerve a long time ago. Are we strong as any country has ever been or a fragile treasure that can collapse just because the latest corporate puppet president happens to have a (D) after their name?

Oh what a crock, Mr Global warming is gonna kill us all, people cant survive on the min wage (not supposed to), hate poor people, blah blah blah.
If you hate corporations so much, what would you do, get rid of them?

Sorry dude, the only way to beat the left is to play them at their own game, The left made politics as nasty as it is now, and the only way to regain sanity is to beat them at their own game.

You mean like the lack of courage to sell a bill to the public for what it is, instead of lying about it to get it passed? That type of lack of courage?

I am not denying the use of scare tactics on the left but that embarrassing display of naked fear (The constitution is dead!) by some on this board yesterday was a rare sight to behold.

I am not denying the use of scare tactics on the left but that embarrassing display of naked fear (The constitution is dead!) by some on this board yesterday was a rare sight to behold.

Either way...just wait until they declare a winner in November.

It will reach new heights.

People are that freaked out.

You mean like the lack of courage to sell a bill to the public for what it is, instead of lying about it to get it passed? That type of lack of courage?

The nature of the tax penalty was not exactly hidden from view or a new idea no one has considered, I have heard various republican plans to penalize moocher drags on society in ways that go a lot further than keeping some of their tax refund.

Forum List

Back