I'm Sick of the Politics of Fear

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nodoginnafight, Jun 29, 2012.

1. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    I'm sick of left-wing zealots screaming that the world as we know it is going collapse if we don't spend billions to save some obscure little insect. And I'm already sick of the right-wing zealots trying to scare up votes by telling older folks they aren't going to be able afford health coverage now.

Both sides prey on, incite, and basically scare the heck out of people in order to further their own, selfish political ambitions.

I'm just sick of all the yelling and screaming across the aisle, I'm sick of all those elevating partisan politics ahead of good government, and I'm sick and tired of those manipulating people with fear, religion, or whatever other weapon they find handy in order to con people into voting for them and donating to their election campaigns.

I know this is nothing new - it's been going on since we started this grand experiement called democracy. But it has reached such a sleazy and hated-infused level at this point, that I'm completely fed up.

The candidate(s) who will get my support are the ones who can put country ahead of party, who can constructively work alongside people they disagree with, who can use legislation as a tool for improving our country - NOT as a weapon to try to embarass "the other guys," and who do not twist and distort the issues to scare people into supporting them. They may only get one vote - but it will be mine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    the gloves have come off.....the nicities no longer survive when survival is in question....this is the very real "fear" today....

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    I laugh in the face of fear, especially phantom fears. I look around at the lack of real courage in Americans and it makes me sick.

4. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    So, as a response to a post decrying the politics of fear, you employ the politics of fear. What color is the sky in your world?

5. bobgnote

bobgnote BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hmm! I don't much like pubs OR rats, just sayin'.

Do you believe in either or both global warming crisis or anthropogenic climate change? If the "left" is trying to save an insect, maybe they should advocate for legal hemp, and we should also grow switchgrass, for biomass, and we should re-green deserts, lest a mass-extinction event kill humans.

As for the "right," they like to daisy-chain, with the "left," and representatives thereby scam shitloads of money, year after year, to argue, pointlessly, about war, Obamneycare, F&F, the price of shit going up, and whatever.

Meanwhile, the USA needs to stop funding Israel and the drug war, cut related spending, grow biomass, re-green deserts, and have a nice day! Or climate change will land us, at Mass Extinction Event 6, some time after the economy tanks.

6. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Perfection. "You've gone too far."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDM_96X40BU]Richard Jeni A Big Steaming Pile Of Me CLIP - YouTube[/ame]

7. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    BDBoop - GREAT video - I think I really like this guy.
    He said it much better and a heck of a lot funnier.

8. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +3,840
    Anyone who has any sense of reality and just happened to not be totally married to any ideology would remember that it's not only leftist that use fear as a tool. All one would have to do is read almost any thread or just look at recent main stage history by our political leaders from both sides to see fear implemented as a means to win a point.
    Like the OP, I'm sick of it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    the reality is staring you in the face......only an idiot would not fear for what is happening to our country....

what color is the sky of your myopic dream world.....?

10. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Sadly, he committed suicide several years ago. I was despondent.

Richard Jeni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He did have a way with words. :) If you can get that particular video from Netflix? It is well worth the time it takes to watch it.

Particularly the bit about farting women. I was laughing so hard, tears were involved, AND I sounded like a hyena.