I'm Seriously Considering Getting a Mac...

I now have an imac. My mother bought one for me yesterday - kick ass screen.

Congrats, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

My daughter is buying her soon to be fiance a 15" Mac Pro for Christmas. She's getting the ring, ;) .

Being my daughter, she's getting all of us to go in with her. LOL!

Do you have the newest one with the 27' screen? Watch any Pixar movie on that screen, it will blow you away!

It is the newest one. I'm not sure how big it is, but it's HUGE! It's bigger than the 20" monitor for my desk top. I absolutely love it. Like I said, Mac-PC, makes no difference to me because I don't really do anything complicated, although my daughter is getting much more advanced in the photography area, so my mother thought it would be a good investment for us. She's owned a Mac since 1987, I don't think she'd buy anything else, ever either way. :lol:

Remember, it was the IPOD that I had the distaste for. Sony all the way in that area! :lol:

Also, I'm starting to wish I had an Iphone instead of a blackberry, but again, beggars can't be chosers and my student plan it to die for. :lol:

Last edited:

Do you have the newest one with the 27' screen? Watch any Pixar movie on that screen, it will blow you away!

It is the newest one. I'm not sure how big it is, but it's HUGE! It's bigger than the 20" monitor for my desk top. I absolutely love it. Like I said, Mac-PC, makes no difference to me because I don't really do anything complicated, although my daughter is getting much more advanced in the photography area, so my mother thought it would be a good investment for us. She's owned a Mac since 1987, I don't think she'd buy anything else, ever either way. :lol:

Remember, it was the IPOD that I had the distaste for. Sony all the way in that area! :lol:

Also, I'm starting to wish I had an Iphone instead of a blackberry, but again, beggars can't be chosers and my student plan it to die for. :lol:

The 27" is the perfect ratio (16:9)for watching movies and with Photoshop, your daughter will have plenty of space to the side for the tool boxes while having a huge space to blow up the photographs she's working on. The LED backlit screen is super bright with extremely accurate color, perfect for photographic work.

How about the new mouse, wireless with a touch sensitive top, I am planning on getting one as soon as the Apple store has them in stock. I have a wireless Mighty Mouse with they roller ball and it works very well but I tried the new design and it's incredible.They said that they are selling every iMac that they get in, they can't build them fast enough.

I need to get my 24" iMac stolen so that I can get the 27", it's a huge improvement inside and out.

The 27" is the perfect ratio (16:9)for watching movies and with Photoshop, your daughter will have plenty of space to the side for the tool boxes while having a huge space to blow up the photographs she's working on. The LED backlit screen is super bright with extremely accurate color, perfect for photographic work.

How about the new mouse, wireless with a touch sensitive top, I am planning on getting one as soon as the Apple store has them in stock. I have a wireless Mighty Mouse with they roller ball and it works very well but I tried the new design and it's incredible.They said that they are selling every iMac that they get in, they can't build them fast enough.

I need to get my 24" iMac stolen so that I can get the 27", it's a huge improvement inside and out.

I'm using my old mouse, I can't live without right click. I would like a wireless at some point, but I really too poor for niceties like that these days.

My mother keeps going on and on about how it has 2 something - space/memory related jargin?? I'm guessing that's a good thing? :lol:

Anyway, the screen is just incredible, I will say that. My daughter won her first photo contest this summer at a local fair, so she's raring to go. We've been fighting over it a lot. :lol:

I'm using my old mouse, I can't live without right click. I would like a wireless at some point, but I really too poor for niceties like that these days.

My mother keeps going on and on about how it has 2 something - space/memory related jargin?? I'm guessing that's a good thing? :lol:

Anyway, the screen is just incredible, I will say that. My daughter won her first photo contest this summer at a local fair, so she's raring to go. We've been fighting over it a lot. :lol:
On the Mac, if you "option" click you get the same thing as right click on a 2 button mouse.

The mighty mouse has left and right clicks, another 2 on the sides and the scroll wheel that can be clicked also.

Forum List

Back