I'm SEETHING!

The Florida Supreme Court upheld a draconian law last week; the law states there is a PRESUMPTION of guilt if an individual possesses, sells, distributes, etc. prohibited drugs. I expected the freedom loving right be up in arms here, but nary a word. STRANGE.

Do you sell, possess, distribute drugs?* why does this put you up in arms ?

The PRESUMPTION INNOCENCE is an integral part of our judicial system and nation; this made the news nationwide. Only "ho hum" here I see, scary.

*Only criminals need worry about the Constitution, GOTCHA. :frown:

I'll be happy to weigh in on that. I support the legalization of drugs and the prohibition of employee drug testing. It's your body; you own it.

The PRESUMPTION INNOCENCE is an integral part of our judicial system and nation; this made the news nationwide. Only "ho hum" here I see, scary.

I'll be happy to weigh in on that. I support the legalization of drugs and the prohibition of employee drug testing. It's your body; you own it.

Really? So you can sell it?

Best stay out of Florida, 4 grams, minimum MANDATORY 3 years, 14 grams, MM 15 years.

Let's face it... A person caught with a large amount of drugs most likely wasn't on the way to church...

Really? So you can sell it?

Get a business license and take it out of the black market, and tax the income. Legitimate businesses who want to keep their licenses check ID's. Black market drug dealers don't. You'll have far more control over what age groups are getting drugs than you do now and all those billions of $ of drug trade will finally be getting taxed. You'll free up cops, courts, and prison spaces for real criminals. You'll also put the cartels out of business or significantly change the way they do business.

The Florida Supreme Court upheld a draconian law last week; the law states there is a PRESUMPTION of guilt if an individual possesses, sells, distributes, etc. prohibited drugs. I expected the freedom loving right be up in arms here, but nary a word. STRANGE.

Why isn't the freedom loving left up in arms?

Um, what freedom loving left are you talking about? Such a thing does not seem to exist of course the right is no better. Both sides of the political spectrum are working to eliminate our freedoms.

Immie

As a right leaning centrist, I would agree with you in regards to the legalization of drugs, but not the prohibition of employee drug testing. If you want to work for me and I pay you to do your job SAFELY then I have the right to test you to make sure you are not endangering me, my other employees or yourself. I don't want to be responsible if you, due to your inability to remain sober accidentally kill another one of my employees.

Immie

As a right leaning centrist, I would agree with you in regards to the legalization of drugs, but not the prohibition of employee drug testing. If you want to work for me and I pay you to do your job SAFELY then I have the right to test you to make sure you are not endangering me, my other employees or yourself. I don't want to be responsible if you, due to your inability to remain sober accidentally kill another one of my employees.

Immie
That I can understand, but employers did just fine in this country for over 200 years without drug testing.

The problem with testing is that it's out of control and that was done at the behest of the Federal government. You can go home and get plastered drunk every night of your life and as long as you show up sober the next morning on time and do your job well, nothing will be said because alcohol is legal. If you test positive for a joint that you smoked 3 weeks ago on your day off, you're fired.

Immie
That I can understand, but employers did just fine in this country for over 200 years without drug testing.

The problem with testing is that it's out of control and that was done at the behest of the Federal government. You can go home and get plastered drunk every night of your life and as long as you show up sober the next morning on time and do your job well, nothing will be said because alcohol is legal. If you test positive for a joint that you smoked 3 weeks ago on your day off, you're fired.

I am for the legalization of drugs for the very reasons you mentioned in post number 26.

However, when it comes to the safety of my employees, I think I should have the right to fire the ass of the ass that comes to work intoxicated. Perhaps, then the issue is much less random drug testing as it is sobriety testing. Come to work intoxicated and endanger my crew and you deserve to be handed a pink slip.

I don't want the death of a crewperson on my conscience because I let some guy that was stoned out of his mind operate a forklift and kill someone else in the process.

Immie

Immie

I am for the legalization of drugs for the very reasons you mentioned in post number 26.

However, when it comes to the safety of my employees, I think I should have the right to fire the ass of the ass that comes to work intoxicated. Perhaps, then the issue is much less random drug testing as it is sobriety testing. Come to work intoxicated and endanger my crew and you deserve to be handed a pink slip.

I don't want the death of a crewperson on my conscience because I let some guy that was stoned out of his mind operate a forklift and kill someone else in the process.

Immie

So change the threshholds on testing to show that he's high on the job, not just whether he's been high sometime in the last month.

It is indeed a Draconian ruling but hardly surprising in that the underlying purpose of the drug war is to facilitate the only remaining growth industry in America, which is the prison construction and maintenance industry and to nourish the growth of the American police state.

Sadly, few Americans realize that the so-called War on Drugs is one of our Nation's most serious problems. Obama's greatest failing is his failure to address this problem.

It is indeed a Draconian ruling but hardly surprising in that the underlying purpose of the drug war is to facilitate the only remaining growth industry in America, which is the prison construction and maintenance industry and to nourish the growth of the American police state.

Sadly, few Americans realize that the so-called War on Drugs is one of our Nation's most serious problems. Obama's greatest failing is his failure to address this problem.

I would say that his biggest failure is the economy, but considering that had Obama been busted for the pot he admits inhaling, he wouldn't be where he is today, so I'll rank this one close.

Forum List

Back