I'm Scared that Dow will Drop Up 10K

I wonder what percentage of the population actually has money in the stock market?

Myself and friends of mine, who are in the same boat, don't give two shits about people who have lost money in the market. There are those of us who already know that it can't get any worse for the working poor.

You don't have a 401K plan? No IRA? No mutual funds? No government pension plan? Wow I pitty people like you and your friends! The majority of Americans have some investments in the market. The people hurting the most right now are the retirees (not just the rich one), who were going to retire on this money!

And it's not just investors that are hurting, the companies on the stock market that EMPLOY A LARGE AMOUNT OF AMERICANS are hurting! What do you think they do when they are hurting?

How old are you? Do you really believe only rich people invest in the market?:cuckoo:

Get your head out of your arse and get a job son!

I wonder what percentage of the population actually has money in the stock market?

Myself and friends of mine, who are in the same boat, don't give two shits about people who have lost money in the market. There are those of us who already know that it can't get any worse for the working poor.

That's pretty much my sentiment. They're fine with us crashing and burning, so backatcha, babe.

That is because you are as brain dead as he is!

What we are seeing now is a buying opportunity.

The market will come back, the fundamentals are not that bad.

The fundamentals are not that bad! Interesting YOU make the comment while Obama is in the white house, because your the same partisan hack that attacked McCain when he made those comment while running for the Presidency!

You don't have a 401K plan? No IRA? No mutual funds? No government pension plan? Wow I pitty people like you and your friends! The majority of Americans have some investments in the market. The people hurting the most right now are the retirees (not just the rich one), who were going to retire on this money!

And it's not just investors that are hurting, the companies on the stock market that EMPLOY A LARGE AMOUNT OF AMERICANS are hurting! What do you think they do when they are hurting?

How old are you? Do you really believe only rich people invest in the market?:cuckoo:

Get your head out of your arse and get a job son!

Glad I wasn't forced into a 401K and still have a traditional, non-governmental, pension. Not everyone has the time, know-how or patience to manage one properly. Forcing everyone to do their own financial planning to that extent, is like saying everyone should be doing their own surgery. Some things should be left to professionals.

It's nowdown close to 10K at the moment with another bad day. I don't care what side of the isle your on, the market tanking like this is BAD!!! Political points mean DICK, if the economy gets so low that we can't recover!

If your not scared by this you should be!
See. Their plan is working perfectly. They love scared sheep.

While I am very sympathetic to your indifference for those still well heeled who are losing money in the market (after all they are indifferent to your plight) you are wrong, DEAD WRONG, if you imagine that it cannot get any worse for the working poor.

It can get unimaginably bad for those without resources to weather out the bad times, Spec.

AS things unravel, as society fails to sustain a greater and greater percentage of the population, the first people whose heads are on the block as those who live in and with the working poor.

Why?

Because when things fail, and people get desperate, they go after those with some resources and NO means of protecting themselves.

LOOK at the riots in England right now.

Are they attacking Buckingham Palace?

Hell no! Those thugs are attacking the very stores and shops in their own neighborhoods.

We saw exactly the same thing happen in the RACE RIOTS of the 60s.

Something like 30 cities in the USA had riots that would probably make these events in England look like a Sunday school picnic.

If you're one of the working poor the best advice I can give you is this: GET THE HELL OUT OF THE MAJOR CITIES!!!

When the shit hits the fan, those shit-spewing fans will be in urban areas.

Thousands of years of history of failing societies and what the fallout of those events looks support like me on this survival strategy, amigo.

Societies IMPLODE FROM THE CENTER.

Last edited:
It's nowdown close to 10K at the moment with another bad day. I don't care what side of the isle your on, the market tanking like this is BAD!!! Political points mean DICK, if the economy gets so low that we can't recover!

If your not scared by this you should be!

Why? It has been lower than 10k and we did fine.

That's pretty much my sentiment. They're fine with us crashing and burning, so backatcha, babe.

Dear Ghook93;

I'm not actually retarded. Disagreeing with you does not mean "And therefore." Grow the fuck up.

I hope the DOW tanks, but it needs to hold for 48 hours or so...obviously that is not happening today.
You don't make money in the stock market by "leaving it in for the long run" this is HORRIBLE advice. - That is how it was pre-1980's. Leaving your money in stocks without really doing anything is for suckers, absolutely insane to do that.
The DOW has to rise and fall before you can make appreciable money...it is all a game anymore, and if you don't play along - you lose.

I'm hoping that it happens!

Good bargains.

There is no bubble in the stock market currently. Companies are sitting on tons of cash and they've already made the necessary cuts to operate profitably in this down economy. Fear and speculation are the driving forces, but they often have little to do with reality. They do create very good opportunities for those who can predict these trends effectively though. On the flipside, for those who stay the course, it usually ends up being a bad deal.

I agree with you, and I think that you have hit upon part of the problem.
The Federal government spent money to stimulate the economy.
Corporate America took advantage of this government financial stimulus effort to accumulate and then sit on tons of cash, rather than using the money to create jobs.
If the money had been paid out to workers as salaries, the workers would then have paid income tax on the money that they made, and that money would have flowed back into the Federal coffers, rather than just sitting there in the pockets of the corporations. So corporations are partly to blame for the size of the federal deficit (and the continuing recession), given how they chose to utilize (nor not utilize) the Federal economic stimulus money.

Yesterday at Dow 10,800 markets tested the Pre-Lehman bankruptsy lows that set off the to big to fail crisis. Yesterday was the 4th heaviest volume on record. It could mark a turning point.

I'm hoping that it happens!

Good bargains.

There is no bubble in the stock market currently. Companies are sitting on tons of cash and they've already made the necessary cuts to operate profitably in this down economy. Fear and speculation are the driving forces, but they often have little to do with reality. They do create very good opportunities for those who can predict these trends effectively though. On the flipside, for those who stay the course, it usually ends up being a bad deal.

I agree with you, and I think that you have hit upon part of the problem.
The Federal government spent money to stimulate the economy.
Corporate America took advantage of this government financial stimulus effort to accumulate and then sit on tons of cash, rather than using the money to create jobs.
If the money had been paid out to workers as salaries, the workers would then have paid income tax on the money that they made, and that money would have flowed back into the Federal coffers, rather than just sitting there in the pockets of the corporations. So corporations are partly to blame for the size of the federal deficit (and the continuing recession), given how they chose to utilize (nor not utilize) the Federal economic stimulus money.

You make it seem like the federal government had the stimulus money just laying about and completely at their disposal. Well they disposed of it alright. The money was obtained on the backs of future wage earners. Shame on you and anyone who thinks doing that was a good idea.

Forum List

Back