Im really beginning to think some people can not think or listen, simply because

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by actsnoblemartin, Apr 7, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    they disagree with my content or dont like my tone of typing?

Very lame....

Look hunny, nazi youth, how adorable :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HlaVpqUXF0[/ame]

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,084
  3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    fanatics are not an invention of the palestinians..

That is not the first example of violent doctrine instilled upon the next generation to grace the earth, eh? I guess the scarrier question to ask is why they feel threatened enough to feel it necessary to react like bees do when the bear is looking for honey>

4. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Uneducated, ignorant terrorists.

5. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    anyone can throw ad hominems around...

Im sure the phrase "savage injun" appealed to those who were not at all interested in understanding why American Natives were busy scalping white people while being continually marginalized by manifest destiny too. Why consider the perspective of others when a FINAL SOLUTION is easier on the ego, eh?

6. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    And who may I ask are you prattling on at?

7. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    the person who seems to be purposfully keeping his mind narrow enough to rationalize prattling off the modern verson of "savage injun".

Would you care to discuss the topic of the thread or will demonizing the other team suffice?

"When a white army battles Indians and wins, it is called a great victory, but if they lose it is called a massacre." - Chiksika, Shawnee

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

“Whenever the white man treats the Indian as they treat each other, then we will have no more wars. We shall all be alike--brothers of one father and one another, with one sky above us and one country around us, and one governmnet for all.” - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

"I am a red man. If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place. He put in your heart certain wishes and plans, in my heart he put other and different desires. Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for Eagles to be Crows. We are poor..but we are free. No white man controls our footsteps. If we must die...we die defending our rights." - Sitting Bull, Hunkpapa Sioux

8. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    Are you seriously likening the Hezbollah to Native Ameican Indians?

You did watch the video didn't you?

I believe you are being deliberately obtuse, trying to court controversy for your own entertainment.If I am wrong then there are other excuses for you which I may or may not delve into later.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    No problem-o.

Let's do a comparison: Secular society that is mostly tolerant of any and everything not too far out, where one can achieve as far as amibtion will
    take then

vs

Authoritarian theocracy determined to return the world to 7th century Sharia Law whether or not it wants to, and intolerant of anyone who disagrees, and anything contrary to it, and is willing to murder anything in its way to achieve it's end.

Tough choice.

As far as you "savage injun" analogy goes, let's don't try and paint Native Americans as above reproach when in fact, they were not. Attrocities were committed on both sides. The "white man" is only villified because the red man lost, and a century and a half later everyone wants to forget what a Comantse warrior sitting on top of a horse in full war regalia with fresh scalps hanging from his lance looks like in favor of Chief Iron Eyes Cody.

10. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260

Are you suggesting that Native Americans during the American conflict with the lands natives were NOT as hellbent on keeping their culture and land enough to act just as fanatical about what they see as defending their lifestyle?

Yes, to answer your question, I am comparing the two because I dont believe that violent social reactions are unique to any particular ethnic group at any particular moment in history any more than any other ethnic group has a predisposition to eating watermelon and chicken and working the cotton field.

Yes, I did watch the video.. and Im willing to bet money, marbles and chalk that the gathering around the bonfire the night before wounded knee looked much the same...

After all.. IVE quoted actual historic words uttered from the mouthsof those who might very well have understood how the pals might feel about nations blooming in the backyard..

Would you care to offer more than a plastic exasperation?