I'm reading ALONE IN BERLIN

Wow. I just Googled the MSM on this. It is interesting that Soviet Propaganda should make such an impression on American culture in this day and age. Interesting. I'll have to check it out for myself.

I noted that Wikipedia said the author died a mere months after completing the work, but they didn't mention what he died of. . . .

Very interesting. :eusa_think:

the author died a mere months after completing the work, but they didn't mention what he died of. . . .
Yeap, the True Story Behind Alone in Berlin wrote, 'Fallada wrote the book in 24 days, but did not live to see its publication.' and according to '..., had in turn contributed to a relapse of his drug and alcohol problems. At war's end he was a shattered man, ...', I think that he died of destitution, drug takings, excessive drinking, and seeing clearly the world.

Wurde mit ner anderen Geschichte zusammen als Vorlage für eine Oper namens KOKAIN in Anspruch genommen.
These stuffs I don't know and I like this novel just because it has got every factor that a novel would attract its readers, such as tension, accurate portrayal of the humanity which is applicable everywhere, etc. etc. So far no another novel has begun to interest me so much from the beginning as Alone in Berlin. Of course I don't read enough novels to judge it, but it's indeed a truth that it attracts me.

Forum List

Back