Im putting it in writing

I don't think Obama is going to win. No incumbent has ever won reelection with unemployment numbers this high, topped with his polling numbers slipping lower and lower..... I think Romney is going to win, not by much, but still, the white house will go red.

Nice thought but the media and the political arm of the WH MSNBC in particular
will just not let that happen.

I agree that Romney is going to win, I just dont think it's going to be close.

He shouldn't win because he is a class a fuck up but no incumbent has ever faced such an idiot in an opponent either. Obama is facing such a person.

No matter which one wins we lose.

We have no viable choice.

One other thing.
All that is bad after Romney wins will be Obama's fault. But nothing that IS bad is Bush's or the republican controlled House's fault.
This will be the song sung by the right.
Next year same as this year.

Last edited:
Lol! I really really don't see that, but if it happens I will bump this thread and give you props.

I am trying to eternally be an optimist;) It may not get to that level but i still dont think it will be close.

No matter which one wins we lose.

We have no viable choice.

I agree. I think they are both so close that the arguments to vote for either one come down to

vote Obama and its only 4 more years, but if Romney wins it'll likely be 8

Or

Vote Romney and perhaps congress will stop acting like spoiled children and get something done.

the only thing that will change is the cancellation of the pursuit of affordable health care.
And new laws restricting personal freedoms.

The finiancial path will remain the same.

It is time to stop thinking that the President is the end all a be all. Congress is to make the laws and basically run the country. How they ever let the presidents run the country by executive order is criminal.

I don't know if l like Romney or not. On some days I do on others I don't. But he does seem to me to be a decent family man. He leans a bit left but he is what we got. Rewarding Obama for the job he has done would definitely send the wrong message. After the last 10 years we need to send these people a message. Vote the ins out.

"Im putting it in writing "

From a practical stand point, this is an editable typeface using an eraseable electronic medium.

Hand ink penmanship would be writing, and the Gutenberg Press, more permanent.

Pen . man . ship

Interesting etymology.

It is time to stop thinking that the President is the end all a be all. Congress is to make the laws and basically run the country. How they ever let the presidents run the country by executive order is criminal.

I don't know if l like Romney or not. On some days I do on others I don't. But he does seem to me to be a decent family man. He leans a bit left but he is what we got. Rewarding Obama for the job he has done would definitely send the wrong message. After the last 10 years we need to send these people a message. Vote the ins out.

the problem is most voters only want others to vote their "in" out, they keep electing their representatives.
Take Ryan for instance or Reid.

I don't think Obama is going to win. No incumbent has ever won reelection with unemployment numbers this high, topped with his polling numbers slipping lower and lower..... I think Romney is going to win, not by much, but still, the white house will go red.

Roosevelt won twice with UE at 14 and 16%.

No challenger has ever won with Romney's low favorability.

perhaps, but they don't like romney and they blame congress for the unemployment numbers...

I thought Michelle's speech was really good. She harkened back to that hope and change that everyone has all but given up on.

I expect a DNC bounce .... But I still say Romney wins out in the end.

Here is what Michelle said in a nutshell: Obama is a lousy POTUS, but he really "feels" bad about it. I hope you dummies give him another chance because I love my expense account....

:lol:

Well, since there was no official UE rate until the 1944 election, let's look at the October numbers for each year an incumbent ran:
Truman, 1948: 3.7%
Eisenhower, 1956: 3.9%
Johnson, 1964: 5.1%
Nixon, 1972: 5.6%
Ford, 1976: 7.7%
Reagan, 1984: 7.4%
Bush, 1992: 7.4%
Clinton, 1996: 5.2%
Bush, 2004: 5.5%

So no incumbent has faced a UE rate as high as current, so of course none has been reelected with Unemployment this high.

Forum List

Back