I'm proud of my country, warts and all..

Unlike some..I think we live in the most extraordinary country in the world..and in history. And while it may have been involved in some dark moments..on the whole this country is a testament to the good in mankind and the strive for a more perfect way of governance. It may not get it right all the time..but it tries like heck to make up for past mistakes.

It's great to be an American..and live in America.

I don't know about the most extraordinary country in the world and in history part. While we're greatly powerful and awesome, we lack so many traits and characteristics that make and have made other countries shine. I'm talking about culture, scenery, moments in history etc. It's all a grab bag though, no one country can have them all.

Other than that, hear hear!

Unlike some..I think we live in the most extraordinary country in the world..and in history. And while it may have been involved in some dark moments..on the whole this country is a testament to the good in mankind and the strive for a more perfect way of governance. It may not get it right all the time..but it tries like heck to make up for past mistakes.

I don't know about the most extraordinary country in the world and in history part. While we're greatly powerful and awesome, we lack so many traits and characteristics that make and have made other countries shine. I'm talking about culture, scenery, moments in history etc. It's all a grab bag though, no one country can have them all.

Really now.

First country to put a man on the moon.

That alone is impressive. But in terms of justice, freedom, liberty..America is still number one with a bullet. That and we have trusted markets and currency that the world basically pegs it's own currency too.

We aren't a superpower for nothing..ya know.

Really now.

That alone is impressive. But in terms of justice, freedom, liberty..America is still number one with a bullet. That and we have trusted markets and currency that the world basically pegs it's own currency too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoE5kGMUpcg]Jethro Tull - Living in the Past - Live 1976 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm proud of my country's geography. The mountains, deserts, awesome coastlines, but certainly not its people.

I can't be proud of a country that kills it's babies because its convenient. Or, a country that wants to normalize homosexual relationships. Or, a country that uses race to excuse every failing. Or, a country that pays people to do nothing. Or, a country that finds a need to avoid life in drugs. Or, a country that idolizes drug addicts, for that matter. Or, a country that so penalizes success. Or, a country that has failure to educate the young as a national priority. Or, a country that is doing everything it can to reduce the quality of life for its citizens. Certainly not a country that finds a need to micromanage the individual lives of everyone.

I'm proud of my country's geography. The mountains, deserts, awesome coastlines, but certainly not its people.

I can't be proud of a country that kills it's babies because its convenient. Or, a country that wants to normalize homosexual relationships. Or, a country that uses race to excuse every failing. Or, a country that pays people to do nothing. Or, a country that finds a need to avoid life in drugs. Or, a country that idolizes drug addicts, for that matter. Or, a country that so penalizes success. Or, a country that has failure to educate the young as a national priority. Or, a country that is doing everything it can to reduce the quality of life for its citizens. Certainly not a country that finds a need to micromanage the individual lives of everyone.

Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you
Don't you try and teach me no original sin
I don't need your pity for the shape I'm in

OZZY OSBOURNE LYRICS - I Don't Want To Change The World (Live)

Conservatives hate the government and most of the people in this country and somehow still have the nerve to question the patriotism of anyone who does not share their narrow myopic views. Patriotism is more than having a worshipful attitude towards the symbols of this country, you have to have the same attitude towards the ideals and especially the people they symbolize, even your political opponents. This summer when the youth of this country go out to protest, a real patriot will have pride that yet another generation is stepping up to claim their place in the political landscape, a fake patriot will want to beat them into a pulp.

:lol:

And you don't see the contradiction here..I bet.

No doubt if the occupy sites had been bulldozed the way Rachel Corrie was bulldozed, that would have been something to be proud of. But alas, it wasn't.

I honestly believe the Egyptian empire was far more successful than us. In a few thousand years if were still around then i believe we can compete.

There isn't one but you are welcome to try to find it.

Conservatives hate the government and most of the people in this country and somehow still have the nerve to question the patriotism of anyone who does not share their narrow myopic views. Patriotism is more than having a worshipful attitude towards the symbols of this country, you have to have the same attitude towards the ideals and especially the people they symbolize, even your political opponents. This summer when the youth of this country go out to protest, a real patriot will have pride that yet another generation is stepping up to claim their place in the political landscape, a fake patriot will want to beat them into a pulp.

Most conservatism is basically The Summertime Soldier and Sunshine Patriotism constructs. They are there to wave the flag when everything they want is happening..

There isn't one but you are welcome to try to find it.

Well you go on about homosexuals, abortion, drugs..and then contradict yourself with the micromanage thing.

I knew it would be difficult for ya..

:D

There we go. Enough said. Thanks Sallow.

I have to say, my pride in my country has been tested.... well, not so much the country but certainly in my fellow Americans with the idiocy surrounding the Zimmerman/Martin incident. I often forget how easily some people are to manipulate but, sadly, it appears that the media still have far too many people hoodwinked.

Agreed.

America is at her greatest now than at any time in her history, and the best is yet to come.

Our most daunting challenge and threat to liberty currently is conservative reactionaryism, fear, and ignorance.

Really now.

Yes... what does any of that have to do with what I said though? Those are great things about this country. I'm just saying there's certain traits of many other countries around the world that I find to be better than in America... and not just considering modern times, but eras gone past as well.

I don't pretend that America is best in every category of the countless categories one could rate countries by. Some people think that it means I'm UnAmerican or simply don't love my country as much as I should... but those people are just fools.

Really now.

Yes... what does any of that have to do with what I said though? Those are great things about this country. I'm just saying there's certain traits of many other countries around the world that I find to be better than in America... and not just considering modern times, but eras gone past as well.

I don't pretend that America is best in every category of the countless categories one could rate countries by. Some people think that it means I'm UnAmerican or simply don't love my country as much as I should... but those people are just fools.

Well it's my opinion we are basically number one with a bullet in almost every category.

And different opinions, mostly being tolerated, is part and parcel with why this country is so great.

You can speak your mind and not have to worry about the government breaking down your door..and hauling you off to jail.

Really now.

Well it's my opinion we are basically number one with a bullet in almost every category.

And different opinions, mostly being tolerated, is part and parcel with why this country is so great.

You can speak your mind and not have to worry about the government breaking down your door..and hauling you off to jail.

One would think.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back