I'm Pretty Excited...

It's exciting!

As soon as I get my hands on it, I'll post a pic of it.

You better! And you must tell us all about it when the info comes back. :)

coinh.jpg

When you get that silver dollar, Pale Rider, you better bite it to make sure it's a real one. I seen them do that in some of those western movies on tv.

When you get that silver dollar, Pale Rider, you better bite it to make sure it's a real one. I seen them do that in some of those western movies on tv.

That's "gold" that they bite in the movies, not silver.

Been doing a ton of research and comparing, and I'm hoping this one to be worth somewhere around $1,500.00. Less, oh well, I only paid $61 for it. More, it's all good.

I've also found out there's one rarer coin than this one, and it's the 1893 S mint Morgan, and it is worth over a million dollars if it's in MS67 or higher grade.

Last edited:

Been doing a ton of research and comparing, and I'm hoping this one to be worth somewhere around $1,500.00. Less, oh well, I only paid $61 for it. More, it's all good.

I've also found out there's one rarer coin than this one, and it's the 1893 S mint Morgan, and it is worth over a million dollars if it's in MS67 or higher grade.

If you do decide to sell it, Aaron, at Northern Nevada Coin is the best payer I've ever found.

If you do decide to sell it, Aaron, at Northern Nevada Coin is the best payer I've ever found.
Never been there. Went to a coin shop in Reno but not Carson. Thanks for the tip though.

If it would happen to be worth over $20K, I'll sell it. If it's under, I'll keep it. It's better than money in the bank.

Last edited:
I just bought a Morgan silver dollar that's one of two of the most valuable years minted between 1878 and 1921. One is the 1884 S mint, and the other is the 1889 CC mint. I acquired the first one, and it's in what I consider to be almost pristine condition. If it graded at MS68, it's fair market value is set at $937,500.00. Of course now I have to take the coin to a shop and have it registered, insured and sent into PCGS for grading. I paid $61 for it, obviously from someone who had no idea what they had. Just another old coin. I'm going to be on pins and needles until it comes back from grading. I could have hit the jack pot.

With that coin, you could be a USMB Supporting Member for the next 62,500 years!!!

I just bought a Morgan silver dollar that's one of two of the most valuable years minted between 1878 and 1921. One is the 1884 S mint, and the other is the 1889 CC mint. I acquired the first one, and it's in what I consider to be almost pristine condition. If it graded at MS68, it's fair market value is set at $937,500.00. Of course now I have to take the coin to a shop and have it registered, insured and sent into PCGS for grading. I paid $61 for it, obviously from someone who had no idea what they had. Just another old coin. I'm going to be on pins and needles until it comes back from grading. I could have hit the jack pot.

With that coin, you could be a USMB Supporting Member for the next 62,500 years!!!

Or maybe they'd let me buy the place... :eek:

Isn't it odd that you could get $937,500 on the coin trading market...but with it you would only be able to purchase $1 of merchandise at your local 7-11.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Or maybe they'd let me buy the place... :eek:

If you said can I buy the place for $937,500, they would give it to you in an instant...and then laugh.

Isn't it odd that you could get $937,500 on the coin trading market...but with it you would only be able to purchase $1 of merchandise at your local 7-11.

Good observation. Although many might have the sense not to spend a silver dollar, it would behoove them to take a minute and find out what it's worth.

In any case, I get your point. Even though a coin can be worth lots of money if "sold," if "spent," it's only worth it's minted denomination.

Do you have any idea when you might get the information back on your coin?

They said it will take between a month or two to get it graded by either PCGS or NCG. I have yet to get my hands on it though too.

I'm pretty excited about my star wars figurine collection I amassed during my high school years.

Well here it is, and I must say, I'm still pretty excited. It's better than I thought. I did realize that the picture of it on the sale was out of focus, giving it the appearance of being worse than it was, hence the reason I imagine why it didn't go for more than it did. In any case, as you can see by these super macro shots I took, this coin is in fantastic shape. Every bit as good as that MS-63 I was comparing it to that's selling for $34,500.00. This one could be better. It does have that scratch on the face, but I'm betting that won't effect the overall grade by much. I'm thinking I got lucky with this little gem. If it grades MS-64 or above, it starts being worth some real serious cash. Now to get it graded and quit speculating what I have and find out the facts...

morgan003.jpg

morgan002.jpg

Last edited:
Well here it is, and I must say, I'm still pretty excited. It's better than I thought. I did realize that the picture of it on the sale was out of focus, giving it the appearance of being worse than it was, hence the reason I imagine why it didn't go for more than it did. In any case, as you can see by these super macro shots I took, this coin is in fantastic shape. Every bit as good as that MS-63 I was comparing it to that's selling for $34,500.00. This one could be better. It does have that scratch on the face, but I'm betting that won't effect the overall grade by much. I'm thinking I got lucky with this little gem. If it grades MS-64 or above, it starts being worth some real serious cash. Now to get it graded and quit speculating what I have and find out the facts...

morgan003.jpg

morgan002.jpg

Overall, it's a really nice coin. It's still sharp, and doesn't have any worn areas, which will help it's value, but I do think the scratches on the face, and what looks like pitting on the obverse by the arrow heads may bring it down SLIGHTLY. You're still going to have a coin with more value than you paid.

Congrats on your find.

Overall, it's a really nice coin. It's still sharp, and doesn't have any worn areas, which will help it's value, but I do think the scratches on the face, and what looks like pitting on the obverse by the arrow heads may bring it down SLIGHTLY. You're still going to have a coin with more value than you paid.

Congrats on your find.

By a long shot.

Forum List

Back