I'm Pretty Excited...

I have an 1888 on my keychain. Very worn, not worth much except for it's sentimental value.

Hang on to it...

Silver Prices - Silver Investing - Silver Investment - Silver Trading

capture9jj.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
wow...very cool PR. Good luck.

OK..so how did you find it in the first place? Come on give us the dish.

Here is something on it.
Lincoln's 50,000 Silver Dollar Bar

It is a big place for being in the middle of no where. I have probably been there a hundred times. The bar area is covered with silver dollars

Looks like a wonderful place. I do love Montana, and I rarely admit it, but I have relatives that are, to put it mildly, wealthy, and own a bunch of land all over the west. I've always been odd man out and told them they could keep their damn money and land... bunch of snobby sons a bitches. But if I had my druthers, I'd live in Montana. I think it's the prettiest state I've ever been in my life, and if I ever do come into some large windfall of money, either by luck or my own ingenuity, I'm moving there.

My brother lives in Wyoming, so I have been through Montana a lot. If I ever become super wealthy, I know exactly where I will buy land.
This isn't where it is at, but have you ever been to Big Timber?

Here is something on it.

It is a big place for being in the middle of no where. I have probably been there a hundred times. The bar area is covered with silver dollars

Looks like a wonderful place. I do love Montana, and I rarely admit it, but I have relatives that are, to put it mildly, wealthy, and own a bunch of land all over the west. I've always been odd man out and told them they could keep their damn money and land... bunch of snobby sons a bitches. But if I had my druthers, I'd live in Montana. I think it's the prettiest state I've ever been in my life, and if I ever do come into some large windfall of money, either by luck or my own ingenuity, I'm moving there.

My brother lives in Wyoming, so I have been through Montana a lot. If I ever become super wealthy, I know exactly where I will buy land.

Yup. My niece lived up in Big Timber for awhile. Cool little town. My older sister lives in Sheridan. Her ex husband and family used to own Ruby Valley Lumber and Construction in Twin Bridges, just over from Dillon. I used to play "Broom Ball" for the Pioneer bar in Virginia City. My nephew cowboys on a 25,000 acre ranch just south of Ennis. Small ranch by Montana standards. There's nothing like that country. The mountains are full of beauty and intrigue. Old ghost towns, old mining settlements, miles from anything... man... I'm wanting to head out that way now... :neutral:

Last edited:
I just bought a Morgan silver dollar that's one of two of the most valuable years minted between 1878 and 1921. One is the 1884 S mint, and the other is the 1889 CC mint. I acquired the first one, and it's in what I consider to be almost pristine condition. If it graded at MS68, it's fair market value is set at $937,500.00. Of course now I have to take the coin to a shop and have it registered, insured and sent into PCGS for grading. I paid $61 for it, obviously from someone who had no idea what they had. Just another old coin. I'm going to be on pins and needles until it comes back from grading. I could have hit the jack pot.

Good luck with the slabbing!

Yup. My niece lived up in Big Timber for awhile. Cool little town. My older sister lives in Sheridan. Her ex husband and family used to own Ruby Valley Lumber and Construction in Twin Bridges, just over from Dillon. I used to play "Broom Ball" for the Pioneer bar in Virginia City. My nephew cowboys on a 25,000 acre ranch just south of Ennis. Small ranch by Montana standards. There's nothing like that country. The mountains are full of beauty and intrigue. Old ghost towns, old mining settlements, miles from anything... man... I'm wanting to head out that way now... :neutral:

Been to Virgina City, and for sure been to Sheridan a few times. My brother just became ranch manager outside of Gillete, he has also worked on two others, one near Huelett and Devil's tower.
Coolest thing I ever saw was a thunderstorm move across the Rockies while driving through the Big Timber area. We drove the back way a few years ago, can't remember the highway, but you go over the pass where you end up in Anaconda.

Nothing if it's not sold.

Of course, you only buy to resell at a profit, which this is. Question is, where is the right buyer.

Now to sell the coin you need an offshore account in belize where you will deposit the coin. Your buyer will meet you there for the transaction. He will deposit into your account and you give him the coin. Now on you use a defict card where ever you go, whatever you buy. From then on you are just a number in a system among billions of other numbers.:eusa_angel:

Drinks on PR!

I sure hope it turns out to be more on the valuable side than not. I'd still be happy if it only turned out to be worth a couple grand.

Time will tell now. Have to get it in hand and graded.

I just bought a Morgan silver dollar that's one of two of the most valuable years minted between 1878 and 1921. One is the 1884 S mint, and the other is the 1889 CC mint. I acquired the first one, and it's in what I consider to be almost pristine condition. If it graded at MS68, it's fair market value is set at $937,500.00. Of course now I have to take the coin to a shop and have it registered, insured and sent into PCGS for grading. I paid $61 for it, obviously from someone who had no idea what they had. Just another old coin. I'm going to be on pins and needles until it comes back from grading. I could have hit the jack pot.

good for you, I hope you make your million...;)

I collect ancient greek and roman coins. every coupla summer I'll buy a sack sight unseen. Once I hit the jack pot for $2200.00...go get em tiger!!

That is cool.

You ever been to the Silver Dollar Bar in Montana?

I have been to the silver dollar bar in Anchorage Alaska. Course that was back in the 50's with my dad, and I had stand on a bar stool to see the booze. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Here is something on it.

The first part of the dream could be buying the property where you will build one day. Do you know they have land sales on ebay? Wish you the best.

good for you, I hope you make your million...;)

I collect ancient greek and roman coins. every coupla summer I'll buy a sack sight unseen. Once I hit the jack pot for $2200.00...go get em tiger!!

Where do you buy from? How good is the quality? I use coins for jewelry.

Forum List

Back