I'm oh so baaaad....

So my wife is going out of town tomorrow for a week and taking the kids with her. WoooHooo!!! Vacation for me too, and I don't have to drive anywhere!

So we were deciding what to eat, and my wife says "Hey, I think there's some steak in the freezer, why don't we take that out to eat".

My response..."Nah, I'm not really hungry. Lets just pop a frozen pizza in the oven". So thats what we did.

Cha-CHING!! The steaks are aaaaaall MINE for the next few nights.

Sir Harry Lauder was a very famous entertainer in the early, 20th Century. He was a Scotsman, and made a fortune singing Scottish songs all over the world.

One of his songs was called, "I Just Got Off the Chain." It seems that Sir Harry's wife had broken her leg and was "in hospital," leaving Sir Harry free to drink, carouse and do what us guys all do when our wives aren't around.

"Oh, I just got off the chain,
I just got off the chain.
I'm feelin' as happy as a lord o' ducks among the rain!
I'm gonna be havin' the time o' me life,
Away from Mrs. McBain,
Because she'll maybe never get the chance,
To break her leg again!"

Radioman...are you so completely destitute that three frozen steaks in your freezer are the only steaks that you can possibly come by?

Can you not afford to purchase nice fresh steaks from the butcher and instead have to settle for freezer-burned crap?

Do you have a gimpy child named Tiny Tim and a boss named Ebenezer?

So my wife is going out of town tomorrow for a week and taking the kids with her. WoooHooo!!! Vacation for me too, and I don't have to drive anywhere!

So we were deciding what to eat, and my wife says "Hey, I think there's some steak in the freezer, why don't we take that out to eat".

My response..."Nah, I'm not really hungry. Lets just pop a frozen pizza in the oven". So thats what we did.

Better check your bank account balances. Are you sure she's coming back? :cool:

You are going to Hell !!!!!!!!!!!

You could send me anywhere, as long as I get to go with a bellyful of good steak.

actually xox...freezing meat many times tenderizers the meat....so dont be mocking the frozen steaks myself...i prefer fresh cut....but hey that is just me...and i like to bite lol

you buy the damned kids steak?

you do know about potted meat sammies, right?

I have a rule in my house.

The kids eat the same thing we do for dinner. So, yes, they get to eat steak whenever I cook it. I don't think it's entirely fair to make them eat a hot dog or something while Mrs. Radioman and I eat something like that.

Now, if they WANT a hot dog instead of a steak, then thats fine. But they get the option of eating the same if they want to. I also get the option to veto their alternate choice unilaterally. I'm not cooking spaghetti or something while I'm grilling for everyone else.

However, being my kids, they always go for the steak.

So . . . . when does your wife get a week off with no hubby and no kids?

When she gets a job and pays the bills :razz:

It actually was her idea though. She wanted to take the kids to the beach early enough this year so they could enjoy it before the oil may hit. Our usual family vacation is in mid-July. In all likelyhood, PC beach is going to have tarballs by then.

Radioman...are you so completely destitute that three frozen steaks in your freezer are the only steaks that you can possibly come by?

Can you not afford to purchase nice fresh steaks from the butcher and instead have to settle for freezer-burned crap?

Do you have a gimpy child named Tiny Tim and a boss named Ebenezer?

No.

Just lazy.

Well, off to grill the first of them, along with a baked potato and corn on the cob.

I'll let everyone know how my ill-gotten food tastes later.

I'm oh so baaaad....

black-sheep.jpg

Forum List

Back