I'm off to boot camp...

Remember this....

Boot camp is actually easy, all you have to do is what they tell you to do.

USMC Boot Camp Easy? If you can't claim the title United States Marine, shut your pie hole.

The Physical Demands are rigorous. If you are not in decent shape, your body will pay dearly and being mentally strong will help with your crazed D. I..

In today's USMC, you can quit and be sent back home at any time from Boot Camp.
During Vietnam, this option did not exist.

"My greatest fear at Boot Camp was not being assigned a 0300 MOS." Anonymous

Remember this....

Boot camp is actually easy, all you have to do is what they tell you to do.

USMC Boot Camp Easy? If you can't claim the title United States Marine, shut your pie hole.

The Physical Demands are rigorous. If you are not in decent shape, your body will pay dearly and being mentally strong will help with your crazed D. I..

In today's USMC, you can quit and be sent back home at any time from Boot Camp.
During Vietnam, this option did not exist.

"My greatest fear at Boot Camp was not being assigned a 0300 MOS." Anonymous

As an Army guy I will say that Marine Boot Camp is the toughest. No doubt about it.

The Military is really big on tradition and to understand the Marines, Navy and Army you need to understand their tradition.

For instance, in the old days (old-old) Marines were kept on board Fighting Ships for when opposing ships would basically fire a few rounds at each other and then raft off of each other and the Marines would be the first to Board the enemy ship, breaking heads and gutting people with their swords in the process.

Close-in hand to gland, er, er hand to hand combat was their forte. So that's what they train for. To this day. Not sure they know it, but that's what they do.

The Army, OTOH, trains for endurance. In the old days (real old) it wasn't unusual for an Army to travel THOUSANDS of Miles -- On foot. All the way from Alexander to Napoleon to the Eastern Front of Russia... Thousands of miles.

And I don't care if you're 6' tall, 230lbs of solid muscle.... It's still weight. Muscle is weight.

Marines don't care as much. They want the bulk. Their tradition is short, hard fights not thousand mile power walks,

Look at old pics of soldiers in the field. Infantry soldiers. You won't see any muscular, built-like-Rambo or John Cena or The Rock, Infantrymen.

That's a load of shit.

Army Infantrymen have to be athletes. They have to have endurance.

in fact, in the Army I have seen guys get warned and threatened with discharge for being TOO muscular. The Army (in the old days) would boot your ass for putting on too much weight even if it's muscle.

The missions of the Army and Marines have become so muddled these days, I don't know.. :dunno:

But, we don't train anymore for a War of National Survival. And maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it's because we won't see a War of National Survival ever again.

Right?

:eusa_pray:

Keep your mouth shut.

Keep a low profile.

And don't volunteer for anything.

I thought this thread was probably started by [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] -

Seriously, good luck to you and thank you very much for your service.

Oh and write home. ;)

`

I thought this thread was probably started by [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] -

Oh and write home. ;)

`

Wow. Paranoid aren't we? Thinking that I somehow started this thread, 9 years ago... I was a Junior in high school when this thread was created.

I was taking ROTC at the time though..

Just remember... Behind every good Marine is a Navy Hospital Corpsman giving him aspirin and putting band aids on him!

Oh and write home. ;)

`

Wow. Paranoid aren't we? Thinking that I somehow started this thread, 9 years ago... I was a Junior in high school when this thread was created.

I was taking ROTC at the time though..

No one else noticed it was ancient history either.

But hey, when I saw the subject, I just thought maybe you decided to pull your own weight instead of having granny pull it along behind her. Sorry for my mistake.

Whatever, I still have the utmost respect and good wishes for the original author.

I leave for boot camp this Monday (feb. 15). I will miss my disscusion here. Also you fools here in seattle will owe me a drink when I get out in May. Anyways wish me luck.

P.S. Going infantry (0311 hopefully).

Vaya con Dios.

Best of Luck to ya. tell ya a little some thing that might get ya back in one piece. Back in 1963 I was drafted. I went to Ft Dix , NJ. I was there only a week and I said to myself , If I'm going to stay alive , I;m going to have to get more training. This boot camp stuff ain;t going to cut it if we get in a war in Viet Nam. I started to talk to some officers about the Green Berets and how I could get with them after my 6 week were up. Thats what I did , I tried out for them and made it through a tough training. This I'm sure saved my ass. I was in Nam for 3 tours and never got a so much as a scrape. Had close calls but made it home . Do what they tell you and remember their only trying to prepare you for whats coming up. Best of everything to you. Be safe.

You don't "get out" in May. You graduate from recruit training if you are good enough. You don't get a Semper Fi until you prove that you are more than a civilian maggot.

Where did you get that?[/QUOTE

Since you did not serve in the USMC, you don't need to know.

1s Bn 4th Marines Infantry Fire Team Leader Northern I Corps Vietnam 67-68

I gotcha. Apparently you have just been caught bullshitting since you refuse to back up your statement.

Then you make a stupid statement of something you have no clue about.

Kinda makes me wonder if you are bullshitting about your service.

Oh well. Buddyfucker, you are dismissed.

I gotcha. Apparently you have just been caught bullshitting since you refuse to back up your statement.

Then you make a stupid statement of something you have no clue about.

Kinda makes me wonder if you are bullshitting about your service.

Oh well. Buddyfucker, you are dismissed.

People like you would soil themselves at the thought of joining the USMC.
You use of profanity shows how juvenile you are.
We are done here. Since you never served in the USMC, I don't care what you think or say.
No longer will I waste my time with you.

I leave for boot camp this Monday (feb. 15). I will miss my disscusion here. Also you fools here in seattle will owe me a drink when I get out in May. Anyways wish me luck.

I am very happy for you. You will grow greatly during the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Semper Fi, motherfucker.

I enlisted in the Corps just two days after my 17th birthday. I tried to enlist earlier, but they caught me.

The Professor: Former radio-telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gunfire Liaison Company), Camp Lejeune, NC.

Note: For non-Marines, “motherfucker” is either a putdown or a compliment depending on the context. In this case, it is obviously a sign of camaraderie.

People like you would soil themselves at the thought of joining the USMC.
You use of profanity shows how juvenile you are.
We are done here. Since you never served in the USMC, I don't care what you think or say.
No longer will I waste my time with you.

Heh you're funny. I likely wore out more seabags than you did socks. Your fear of profanity makes me wonder at which pussification program you excelled at. Oh well. Your concession is noted.

Forum List

Back