I'm not uptownlivin90

Gin and tonic for Friday nights :)

top_invisible.jpg

Last edited:
OK asaratis, now I'm curious as to what a 'scotch tasting party' consists of.

Do you drink a lot of different brands in one night? Stick to a theme? Is it just you and your partner?
My scotch tasting partner is my closest friend. We generally sit on opposite sides of his bar, sip single malts, smoke, spin tales, play chess, play billiards, slur words and consume at least one sample bottle of a heretofore untested single malt. If it's good enough, we finish the bottle...if not, we switch to one we know is good and leave the remainder of the sample for insignificant guests.

Most of our tastings last somewhere between 5 and 7 hours, beginning after dinner and ending prior to sunrise, though we have seen the morning sun before retiring. Each turns out to be a memorable passing of time. It's really hard on the old body when we pull a double, tasting one product beginning Friday evening and another the following evening. (This weekend we're doing a double.)

The best times are when its just him and me...over a chess game and some relaxing conversation. At other times we co-host larger parties and get several people drunk enough to laugh at.

Forum List

Back