I'm Not Sure This Emperor's Got Clothes

Boring story coming....
From the start, all this talk of dark makeup keeps reminding me of the year my kid was a werewolf for Halloween. We got him the darkest foundation we could find and a package of Dr. Scholl's lambswool and a bottle of Karo syrup and spent about two hours transforming his face into a brown hairy monster. It was pretty darned good, if I do say so myself. I sent him off to a Halloween party where they ...
bobbed for apples.

Two things make me a bigib...1. I have never dated outside my race..2. I opt to live in white zone

When my friends go on about diversity I laugh at them...we drove over 150 miles one day between two states...no peeps of any color other than stone cold white

What you guys call oversensitivity is always in reference to complaints about obvious white racism.. Because we have argued here where whites get pissy about us not saying "not all whites" before we talk about white racism and we don't read any comments about oversensitivity.
Don't go all Iceberg on me. And I still don't see Herring as an example of obvious white racism; I see him as a guy who is catching an overly sensitive reaction to costumes.

But I listened to the good explanation by Olde Europe and I guess I'll just have to accept that this is the way it is at the moment.

And I am saying that he could have dressed as a rapper without the blackface. I dressed as Abe Lincoln on Halloween in college and didn't have to paint myself white to do it.
Now we're getting somewhere. Just no skin darkening. I assume a wig is okay?

Just start recognizing the history whites have created and begin respecting the wishes of other groups.

Instead of asking dumb questions.
Don't talk to me like I'm three. I'm way ahead of you.

You apparently are not if you can't get the problem with what has been done here.

Don't go all Iceberg on me. And I still don't see Herring as an example of obvious white racism; I see him as a guy who is catching an overly sensitive reaction to costumes.

But I listened to the good explanation by Olde Europe and I guess I'll just have to accept that this is the way it is at the moment.

And I am saying that he could have dressed as a rapper without the blackface. I dressed as Abe Lincoln on Halloween in college and didn't have to paint myself white to do it.
Now we're getting somewhere. Just no skin darkening. I assume a wig is okay?

Just start recognizing the history whites have created and begin respecting the wishes of other groups.

Instead of asking dumb questions.
Don't talk to me like I'm three. I'm way ahead of you.

You apparently are not if you can't get the problem with what has been done here.
I've accepted it as the way things are. If that doesn't satisfy you, tough shit.

I remember when Imitation was the Most Sincere form of Flattery...

How times have changed

But it's still ok for people actually have surgical mutilation so they can imitate a member the opposite sex.

:laughing0301:
Stick to the topic, please.

The topic is racial cross-dressing. Why wouldn't a woman be just as offended if a man was trying to imitate a woman?

I am a big fan of the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival. Most Shakespeare characters are white people (one obvious exception is Othello). SF Shakes casts people of all races in a variety of roles, and sometimes changes the gender as well. According to the Dem-Prog-Slave-Statists, all of this creativity should be verbotten.

And Lin-Manuel is culturally appropriating Alexander Hamilton.

I remember when Imitation was the Most Sincere form of Flattery...

How times have changed

But it's still ok for people actually have surgical mutilation so they can imitate a member the opposite sex.

:laughing0301:
Stick to the topic, please.

The topic is racial cross-dressing. Why wouldn't a woman be just as offended if a man was trying to imitate a woman?

I am a big fan of the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival. Most Shakespeare characters are white people (one obvious exception is Othello). SF Shakes casts people of all races in a variety of roles, and sometimes changes the gender as well. According to the Dem-Prog-Slave-Statists, all of this creativity should be verbotten.

And Lin-Manuel is culturally appropriating Alexander Hamilton.

Interesting. My wife was involved in community theater, in this small town we live outside of. They're doing "Showboat" which has several black characters in it.

The only problem is there aren't a hell of alot of black people in this town. But they would probably have a major cow if someone showed up in blackface to audition for one of the parts.

I dressed as Abe Lincoln on Halloween in college and didn't have to paint myself white to do it.

Was it a personal choice? Do you believe doing so would have been inappropriate?

I have never thought about wearing whiteface. Ever.

Fair enough. I was genuinely curious, and agree. Seems like common sense.
Just stay off the topic of wigs. It seems to be a sensitive area.

For you maybe.

I explained my position from the start. I can't help you are ignorant talking about sensitive areas when you have cried about how all whites aren't racists when no one ever said they were. Funny how the word victim never shows up when whites are the ones complaining here.

I dressed as Abe Lincoln on Halloween in college and didn't have to paint myself white to do it.

Was it a personal choice? Do you believe doing so would have been inappropriate?

For you maybe.

I explained my position from the start. I can't help you are ignorant talking about sensitive areas when you have cried about how all whites aren't racists when no one ever said they were. Funny how the word victim never shows up when whites are the ones complaining here.
How in the name of God did you take that comment and turn it into VICTIMHOOD?
LOL. Take a break, IM2. Have a milkshake or a piece of pie or something. You're seeing things.

You whites created this problem with your continuung history of racism. So your whining just shows how much you as a group suffer from psychosis.

For you maybe.

How in the name of God did you take that comment and turn it into VICTIMHOOD?
LOL. Take a break, IM2. Have a milkshake or a piece of pie or something. You're seeing things.

Because I didn't. Learn to read.

Forum List

Back