I'm Not 'Keen' On Homosexuality

It says that HE went to THEM and said he was gay. I think he was looking for an out, did it this way, and then tried to make something of it to give the military a black-eye. But maybe I am misreading or misunderstanding something here.....

freeandfun1 said:
It says that HE went to THEM and said he was gay. I think he was looking for an out, did it this way, and then tried to make something of it to give the military a black-eye. But maybe I am misreading or misunderstanding something here.....

It's not a one time deal. There have been quite a few instances with translators, etc., where homosexuality resulted in firings. Granted, some outed themselves, in the face of known outcome, hoping that their talents would overcome the slant. No doubt, 'in your face' and some sort of punishment might be meted, but not at the cost of national security.

Kathianne said:
It's not a one time deal. There have been quite a few instances with translators, etc., where homosexuality resulted in firings. Granted, some outed themselves, in the face of known outcome, hoping that their talents would overcome the slant. No doubt, 'in your face' and some sort of punishment might be meted, but not at the cost of national security.

but before they joined, they knew the policy. Don't ask, Don't tell. Not saying that the military is totally innocent in all this, but I look at this like the guys that join up and then when it is time to go overseas, they claim they are pacifists. It is not like the military changed the rules in the middle of the game.

freeandfun1 said:
but before they joined, they knew the policy. Don't ask, Don't tell. Not saying that the military is totally innocent in all this, but I look at this like the guys that join up and then when it is time to go overseas, they claim they are pacifists. It is not like the military changed the rules in the middle of the game.

Actually, from what I've read, few claim 'pacifist.' Moreso, 'I'm a homosexual, outted, let me serve.' Don't think it's right for combat, they shouldn't be doing in any case. But to deny intel by translators?

Kathianne said:
Actually, from what I've read, few claim 'pacifist.' Moreso, 'I'm a homosexual, outted, let me serve.' Don't think it's right for combat, they shouldn't be doing in any case. But to deny intel by translators?

No, I am talking about the doctors, etc. that sign up, get the free medical training, etc. then claim they are against war.

The problem is, they have to be consistent. Can you keep an intel guy that outs himself but not the mechanic? Or the infantryman?

freeandfun1 said:
No, I am talking about the doctors, etc. that sign up, get the free medical training, etc. then claim they are against war.

The problem is, they have to be consistent. Can you keep an intel guy that outs himself but not the mechanic? Or the infantryman?

You know, I have problems with it all. The rules are clear as mud. However, some guy sitting at a pc in D.C. just doesn't affect things all that much. His/her ability to translate Arabic though, might save X number of GI's regardless of whom they dream of at night.

Kathianne said:
You know, I have problems with it all. The rules are clear as mud. However, some guy sitting at a pc in D.C. just doesn't affect things all that much. His/her ability to translate Arabic though, might save X number of GI's regardless of whom they dream of at night.

I agree, don't get me wrong. Clinton should have never put the rule in place in the first place. It just opened up a pandora's box. When I was in there were a lot of gays, we just ignored em and they did their job cuz unless they got caught, it wasn't an issue. Now, all they have to do is say, "I'm gay" and the military HAS to let them go. Before "don't ask, don't tell", they actually had to get caught in an act or admit they were gay before they joined, which would have prevented them from joining.

If the ones that "out" themselves cared about the country so much, they know the rules, so why not just keep quiet so they can do their jobs?

freeandfun1 said:
I agree, don't get me wrong. Clinton should have never put the rule in place in the first place. It just opened up a pandora's box. When I was in there were a lot of gays, we just ignored em and they did their job cuz unless they got caught, it wasn't an issue. Now, all they have to do is say, "I'm gay" and the military HAS to let them go. Before "don't ask, don't tell", they actually had to get caught in an act or admit they were gay before they joined, which would have prevented them from joining.

If the ones that "out" themselves cared about the country so much, they know the rules, so why not just keep quiet so they can do their jobs?

On that we agree. There will be no backing away from 'don't ask, don't tell.' Problem is with the essential non-combat folk. Yeah, it's Clinton's fault, I dislike him mega. Yet, I don't think if he thought this through, he would have done it. No doubt, I could be wrong.

freeandfun1 said:

Interesting. So basically its Clinton who started any institutionalized homosexual discrimation in the military. Isnt it ironic how the left always ends up hurting the people they claim to help with their policies?

Ironically, homosexual interrogators probably get more information out of moslem terrorists than straight guys. Homosexual conduct is a somewhat common activity among unmarried moslem men. So I suppose that these folks can relate better.

I'd kick them out of the service, but hire them back as civil service civilians and let them do the same job.

Merlin1047 said:
Ironically, homosexual interrogators probably get more information out of moslem terrorists than straight guys. Homosexual conduct is a somewhat common activity among unmarried moslem men. So I suppose that these folks can relate better.

I'd kick them out of the service, but hire them back as civil service civilians and let them do the same job.
making a hell of alot more money to boot!

Forum List

Back