I'm not gonna die (soon) !!! YAY!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
5 pm last night - go to urgent care for fever and a cough. A lung X-Ray is performed
10 am today - phone call "Hello, we found a nodule in your lung. Go to XXXX immediately for a CT scan, they are waiting for you"
11 am - CT scan performed

FOREVER

12:40 pm - phone call "Hello, turns out its just scar tissue from an old infection, no cancer"

Holy shit that was scary.

I think it is amazing that US doctors can just say anything/whatever to every patient, to scare them into signing anything, that helps the lab pay for more equipment at the cost of his insurance.

Yes, anything to get you to use their expensive equipment. Scares the crap out of you but it pays the bills..

So what are you saying? They shouldn't do the tests? I guarantee if they didn't and there was cancer oompaloop would have sued the shit out of them.

I guess it is a good thing you went to the CT scan rather than pawning all your worldly goods and partying like there was no tomorrow.

I think it is amazing that US doctors can just say anything/whatever to every patient, to scare them into signing anything, that helps the lab pay for more equipment at the cost of his insurance.

What would you have suggested? Not scan? Do an expensive surgical biopsy? Ignore it?

If you don't scare your patient, you lose the 10 % cash kickback you get from the lab after charging his insurance company for those intrusive and radiative tests. You as a doctor need that extra 10 % to keep up with your malpractice insurance premiums.

And if he gets sick from those lab tests, you get to win double, because you can refer him back to the lab.

You win, the lab wins, the lab equipment rental company wins, your malpractice insurance provider wins, that maybe the same as his insurance company. Wonderful! Right?

Last edited:

He sent me to another lab genius.

Yeah the CIA invented lung cancer so they could sell really expensive chemo treatments.

Yes, anything to get you to use their expensive equipment. Scares the crap out of you but it pays the bills..

How the fuck else would you have them determine if something is lung cancer? Voodoo? Magic 8 Ball? Maybe they should just ask you since you're the expert.

So what are you saying? They shouldn't do the tests? I guarantee if they didn't and there was cancer oompaloop would have sued the shit out of them.

More likely my heirs would have, lung cancer is fast acting, this is why they bumped me to the front of the CT scan line.

What would you have suggested? Not scan? Do an expensive surgical biopsy? Ignore it?

If you don't scare your patient, you lose the 10 % cash kickback you get from the lab after charging his insurance company for those intrusive and radiative tests. You as a doctor need that extra 10 % to keep up with your malpractice insurance premiums.

And if he gets sick from those lab tests, you get to win double, because you can refer him back to the lab.

You win, the lab wins, the lab equipment rental company wins, your malpractice insurance provider wins, that maybe the same as his insurance company. Wonderful! Right?

Ahh!

Finally!

Proof that all those "nodules" Docs see in X-Rays that in many cases later turn out to be "cancer" are just inventions of a mass conspiracy.

If the docs really just wanted to order up more tests, he could have ordered up dozens of them based on the reason I went in to see him in the first place. I've had a fever every evening - and only in the late afternoons and evenings - for the past 6 days now. Except for fatigue and general grogginess there are no other symptoms. The doc said it was "probably a virus" and told me to get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of fluids and come back in 5 days if I still am sick. If he had wanted to ring up the bill he could have ordered dozens of tests to determine what this mystery illness is.

You go to the emergency room for a cough and a fever instead of making an appointment with your doctor.

No wonder medical costs are so high.

Its good that you had it checked out.

Also good that you have the insurance to pay for it

Forum List

Back