I'm not embarrassed because I didn't vote for him...

Embarrassed To Be American
Nancy Morgan
For the first time in my life, I'm embarrassed to be an American.

Last weekend, as tens of thousands of Japanese were fighting for their lives after an 8.9 earthquake devastated their nation, our President, after giving a generic "We're with you" statement, remained noticeably absent.

Not really absent -- Obama could be found on the golf course Saturday afternoon.

As a Japanese nuclear reactor melted down and threatened a catastrophe of biblical proportions, Obama was otherwise engaged Saturday night, having a rollicking good time at Washington D.C.'s annual Gridiron Dinner. Joking with journalists.

There is something quite shameful about watching our President attending a dress-up dinner, trolling for laughs, as one of America's allies struggles for life. I'm embarrassed for America, and I send my personal apologies to the Japanese people for the insensitivity of our President.

As the turmoil in Libya continues to escalate, threatening severe geopolitical consequences, it is France (France?) that has filled the global leadership void by proposing a no-fly zone over Libya. What is the President of the free world doing? During his Saturday afternoon radio address to the nation, Obama was busy lecturing Americans about the role of women. And writing an op-ed about the virtues of gun control. American Thinker Blog: Embarrassed To Be American

You are an absolute idiot and so is Nancy Morgan. The prez is doing everything he can to help Japan. There is nothing wrong with the fact that he is just going about his business. If a quake and tsunami had destroyed CA, then maybe I could see your point. And I'm thrilled with the way he's been spending his time.

Nancy Morgan should be embarrassed for that article. Another attempt by the right wing lunatics to discredit the president. Go to hell. All of you.

Last edited:
Nancy Morgan

Last weekend, as tens of thousands of Japanese were fighting for their lives after an 8.9 earthquake devastated their nation, our President, after giving a generic "We're with you" statement, remained noticeably absent.

Not really absent -- Obama could be found on the golf course Saturday afternoon.

As a Japanese nuclear reactor melted down and threatened a catastrophe of biblical proportions, Obama was otherwise engaged Saturday night, having a rollicking good time at Washington D.C.'s annual Gridiron Dinner. Joking with journalists.

There is something quite shameful about watching our President attending a dress-up dinner, trolling for laughs, as one of America's allies struggles for life. I'm embarrassed for America, and I send my personal apologies to the Japanese people for the insensitivity of our President.

As the turmoil in Libya continues to escalate, threatening severe geopolitical consequences, it is France (France?) that has filled the global leadership void by proposing a no-fly zone over Libya. What is the President of the free world doing? During his Saturday afternoon radio address to the nation, Obama was busy lecturing Americans about the role of women. And writing an op-ed about the virtues of gun control. American Thinker Blog: Embarrassed To Be American

You are an absolute idiot and so is Nancy Morgan. The prez is doing everything he can to help Japan. There is nothing wrong with the fact that he is just going about his business. If a quake and tsunami had destroyed CA, then maybe I could see your point. And I'm thrilled with the way he's been spending his time.

Nancy Morgan should be embarrassed for that article. Another attempt by the right wing lunatics to discredit the president. Got hell. All of you.

Quite selfish of you.
You dont have family or friends in Japan I assume.
Why should the people of Japan have the comfort of knowing that we are there for them.
Why should Japanese Americans not feel uncomfortable seeing a few press reeleases by the President as it pertains to Japan while hearing him speak on the plight of Women in the US and playing golf.

Yes Rinata...maybe you are happy about how he spends his time...but are you having trouble reaching a loved one in Japan?
Are you worried about the future of your family who are currently without food water and a roof...and possibly on the verge of radiation poisoning?

Yes...quite selfish of you.

That's okay. I didn't vote for Raygun and I'm still embarrassed because of all kind of thing he did. Not the least of which is selling weapons to Iran for hostages while he was also supplying their enemy Iraq with weapons, while the two were at war. Then taking those proceeds and illegally funding the Costa Rician based terrorist involved in cross border attacks on Nicaragua.

I didn't vote for GWH Bush either and I'm still embarrassed by his continued involvement supporting Saddam Hussein well after the war with Iran had ended. Then for fostering the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, which he could have stopped by being honest with Saddam about the US response to coming Iraq/Kuwait hostilities.

I didn't vote for Clinton but both parties embarrassed me during his tenure.

Need I say a word about the embarrassment GW Bush fostered upon the country?

So you go right ahead and be embarrassed by the President.
Iam proud to say I voted for Reagan dumb F#K,He won the cold war and saved us billions.He made us proud to be Americans.He was the BEST president of the 20th Century.Ram that up your A#S!!!!!!!!!!!

This post is funny and ironic....and funny ironic all at once. :lol::lol::lol:

"generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. "

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?: "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..."

You make a good pair. Two insane idiots.

Yet our Government continues to give the Palestinians $Millions in American Taxpayer Cash. What a great fucking investment huh? All we've gotten in return from them over the years is more burning American Flags,more 'Death to America!' chants,and partying in the streets celebrating 911. How bout that "Foreign Aid" stuff? Hey at least the Israelis pretend to like us. Giving the Palestinians all that American Taxpayer cash has proven to be a very very bad investment for American Citizens. Taxpayers should be demanding an end to all Palestinian funding. Period,end of story.

We give the PLO nothing. Zero, nada, zip. Haven't funded it since Hamas won seats in 2006.

U.S. Foreign Aid Summary

The 2011 Statistical Abstract: Foreign Aid

We provide humanitarian aid via USAID development funds in both the West Bank and Gaza for emergency food, health care, and access to safe water, but no direct aid to the Palestinian government.

They are called the PA

International Development - Clinton Threatened to Cut US Aid to Palestinian Authority

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, expanded here:

U.S. Assistance to the Palestinian Authority (PA)

Must be the two links I provided show those amounts under "other" because I can't explain why the PA isn't listed in either.

Nancy Morgan

Nancy Morgan should be embarrassed for that article. Another attempt by the right wing lunatics to discredit the president. Got hell. All of you.

Quite selfish of you.
Why should the people of Japan have the comfort of knowing that we are there for them.
Why should Japanese Americans not feel uncomfortable seeing a few press reeleases by the President as it pertains to Japan while hearing him speak on the plight of Women in the US and playing golf.

Yes Rinata...maybe you are happy about how he spends his time...but are you having trouble reaching a loved one in Japan?
Are you worried about the future of your family who are currently without food water and a roof...and possibly on the verge of radiation poisoning?

The Japanese people are well aware that they have the full support of America, without President Obama personally at the helm of any one of these supply ships.

Factbox - U.S. Navy ships prepared for Japan earthquake relief - Yahoo!7

That's okay. I didn't vote for Raygun and I'm still embarrassed because of all kind of thing he did. Not the least of which is selling weapons to Iran for hostages while he was also supplying their enemy Iraq with weapons, while the two were at war. Then taking those proceeds and illegally funding the Costa Rician based terrorist involved in cross border attacks on Nicaragua.

I didn't vote for GWH Bush either and I'm still embarrassed by his continued involvement supporting Saddam Hussein well after the war with Iran had ended. Then for fostering the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, which he could have stopped by being honest with Saddam about the US response to coming Iraq/Kuwait hostilities.

I didn't vote for Clinton but both parties embarrassed me during his tenure.

Need I say a word about the embarrassment GW Bush fostered upon the country?

So you go right ahead and be embarrassed by the President.
Iam proud to say I voted for Reagan dumb F#K,He won the cold war and saved us billions.He made us proud to be Americans.He was the BEST president of the 20th Century.Ram that up your A#S!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I not suprised? Yessiree, it was a really proud moment for America when we learned that not only did he negociate and bargin with the terrorist running Iran, but then also gave the profits, illegally, to a band of Costa Rician based terrorist who were actively raiding villages in Nicaruagua. Anohter proud legacy of Raygun and his dealing with the "Contra-Terrorist" is "Crack Cocaine". You see in order to raise the money they needed (and since the wimps in Congress made it illegal for Raygun to fund them, the Administration with the CIA's assistance imported huge amounts of Cocaine into America. There was so much Coke that they had to have a new marking strategy. That's when the once high priced Free-Base coke(think Richard Pryor) became cheap crack rock. Thanks Ronnie you've made us so proud.

Here a little Zappa for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We give the PLO nothing. Zero, nada, zip. Haven't funded it since Hamas won seats in 2006.

U.S. Foreign Aid Summary

The 2011 Statistical Abstract: Foreign Aid

We provide humanitarian aid via USAID development funds in both the West Bank and Gaza for emergency food, health care, and access to safe water, but no direct aid to the Palestinian government.

They are called the PA

International Development - Clinton Threatened to Cut US Aid to Palestinian Authority

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, expanded here:

U.S. Assistance to the Palestinian Authority (PA)

Must be the two links I provided show those amounts under "other" because I can't explain why the PA isn't listed in either.

The U.S. Government funds Fatah. They have given $Billions in American Taxpayer cash to the Palestinians over many years. What have American Taxpayers gotten in return? The answer is nothing. A very very bad investment for American Citizens.

Playing more Golf isn't the answer. It's the BP disaster all over again. Mr. President,will you please come off the Golf Course and show just a little leadership? This Nuclear Radiation leak issue isn't going away. In fact it's getting much worse. You can Golf another time. You take enough Vacations so i'm pretty sure there will be many more opportunities for you to swing the wrenches. The Nation kind of needs you so what do ya say?

You can come out of your (lead-Lined) closet and stop taking your iodine pills.

Nuclear engineering and health experts in Oregon say the damaged reactors in Japan pose virtually no risk to people in the United States, but that hasn't stopped some from

Experts: No Radiation Threat To West Coast - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

.....everyone in the United States is exposed to very small amounts of cesium-137 in soil and water because of atmospheric fallout from the nuclear detonations of the cold war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/science/13radiation.html

Japan's nuclear problems pose little danger to U.S., Nuclear Regulatory Commission chief says

Gregory Jaczko, chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, says there is 'a very low probability' of harmful radiation levels affecting any U.S. territories. Jaczko says the U.S. is providing technical assistance to Japanese officials in response to the crisis at Fukushima No. 1 (Daiichi) nuclear power plant.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-white-house-nuclear-response-20110315,0,5449897.story

Can someone show me where the Repubs gave a list of things Obama should be doing...8 pages is too much and from what I've seen there isnt an answer. But I could be wrong...

Nancy Morgan

Quite selfish of you.

For your information, my son is in the Air Force and was in Japan for 4 years. He returned home in 2009. You are just another Obama hater that doesn't know your ass from your elbow.

Quite selfish of you.

For your information, my son is in the Air Force and was in Japan for 4 years. He returned home in 2009. You are just another Obama hater that doesn't know your ass from your elbow.

My sincere thanks to your son.
But he is not there now...so my accusation that you are selfish still stands.
I bet if your son was still there you would want to hear more from your idol regarding Japan.
Yep...you are a selfish, arrogant, Obama adoring, confused, "see, I am not a racist", blind, puppet.

Quite selfish of you.

I bet if your son was still there you would want to hear more from your idol regarding Japan.
Yep...you are a selfish, arrogant, Obama adoring, confused, "see, I am not a racist", blind, puppet.

Amazing how you can see your own reflection and mistake your traits for someone else's.

Amazing how you can see your own reflection and mistake your traits for someone else's.

there ya go.
Great response.
Next you will say "I am rubber you are glue......"

there ya go.
Great response.
Next you will say "I am rubber you are glue......"

No, I leave crude, simplistic insults to you. It's your area of expertise.

Forum List

Back