I'm not embarrassed because I didn't vote for him...

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Embarrassed To Be American
Nancy Morgan
For the first time in my life, I'm embarrassed to be an American.

Last weekend, as tens of thousands of Japanese were fighting for their lives after an 8.9 earthquake devastated their nation, our President, after giving a generic "We're with you" statement, remained noticeably absent.

Not really absent -- Obama could be found on the golf course Saturday afternoon.

As a Japanese nuclear reactor melted down and threatened a catastrophe of biblical proportions, Obama was otherwise engaged Saturday night, having a rollicking good time at Washington D.C.'s annual Gridiron Dinner. Joking with journalists.

There is something quite shameful about watching our President attending a dress-up dinner, trolling for laughs, as one of America's allies struggles for life. I'm embarrassed for America, and I send my personal apologies to the Japanese people for the insensitivity of our President.

As the turmoil in Libya continues to escalate, threatening severe geopolitical consequences, it is France (France?) that has filled the global leadership void by proposing a no-fly zone over Libya. What is the President of the free world doing? During his Saturday afternoon radio address to the nation, Obama was busy lecturing Americans about the role of women. And writing an op-ed about the virtues of gun control.

American Thinker Blog: Embarrassed To Be American

What? Obama is not doing enough for other countries, and she's embarrassed by that? How embarrassing was it when Bush sat in a classroom with a blank stare on his face while Americans were jumping out of windows of the WTC? This bitch is stupid.

Last weekend, as tens of thousands of Japanese were fighting for their lives after an 8.9 earthquake devastated their nation, our President, after giving a generic "We're with you" statement, remained noticeably absent.

Not really absent -- Obama could be found on the golf course Saturday afternoon
It's OK, it's not like he's a Republican or an oil executive or anything.

That's okay. I didn't vote for Raygun and I'm still embarrassed because of all kind of thing he did. Not the least of which is selling weapons to Iran for hostages while he was also supplying their enemy Iraq with weapons, while the two were at war. Then taking those proceeds and illegally funding the Costa Rician based terrorist involved in cross border attacks on Nicaragua.

I didn't vote for GWH Bush either and I'm still embarrassed by his continued involvement supporting Saddam Hussein well after the war with Iran had ended. Then for fostering the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, which he could have stopped by being honest with Saddam about the US response to coming Iraq/Kuwait hostilities.

I didn't vote for Clinton but both parties embarrassed me during his tenure.

Need I say a word about the embarrassment GW Bush fostered upon the country?

So you go right ahead and be embarrassed by the President.

Nancy Morgan

Damn straight! He should have flown his magic unicorn over there and shot rainbows out of his hands to push back the waves and absorb the radiation. Damn him!

I suspect that many Righties here would have had a problem with that too.

Nancy Morgan

Not really absent -- Obama could be found on the golf course Saturday afternoon.

As a Japanese nuclear reactor melted down and threatened a catastrophe of biblical proportions, Obama was otherwise engaged Saturday night, having a rollicking good time at Washington D.C.'s annual Gridiron Dinner. Joking with journalists.

There is something quite shameful about watching our President attending a dress-up dinner, trolling for laughs, as one of America's allies struggles for life. I'm embarrassed for America, and I send my personal apologies to the Japanese people for the insensitivity of our President.

As the turmoil in Libya continues to escalate, threatening severe geopolitical consequences, it is France (France?) that has filled the global leadership void by proposing a no-fly zone over Libya. What is the President of the free world doing? During his Saturday afternoon radio address to the nation, Obama was busy lecturing Americans about the role of women. And writing an op-ed about the virtues of gun control.

American Thinker Blog: Embarrassed To Be American

i'm trying to decide who is a bigger asshat.

this morgan woman for writing this pap, or you for spreading it.

tough call, but i guess i have to go with you.

presumably, this morgan unit got paid.

kudos to you :thup:

This is not Haiti. The Japanese are well prepared for this disaster. Obama has offered our help and a number of US ships carrying supplies are steaming toward Japan as I write this.

As far as Libya, the US should stay out. We should only act in concert with the UN. If France wants to champion this cause, more power to them.

Obama should have prevented the earthquake. If he didn't spend so much damned time playing golf, he could have stopped it. Its not like it was an act of God like airplanes flying into buildings

All Americans should hang their heads in shame

This is not Haiti. The Japanese are well prepared for this disaster. Obama has offered our help and a number of US ships carrying supplies are steaming toward Japan as I write this.

As far as Libya, the US should stay out. We should only act in concert with the UN. If France wants to champion this cause, more power to them.

Let Scotland take care of Libya

According to his Press Secretary, President Obama is now to be refered to as a "The Low Profile President" as opposed to "The Do Nothing President".

That is all.

Let Scotland take care of Libya

:clap2::clap2: Nay the UK.

Obama missed a great photo op

He should have flown to the carrier "Ronald Reagan" and been on deck as it arrived to the rescue

A "Mission Accomplished" banner would be a nice touch

I do not like Obama at all but he can't issue some word of wisdon or solve every issue every time. I agree with him playing golf. At least while he is on the course he is not screwing up my life. We need an American for President and don't start that birther crap on me.

I do not like Obama at all but he can't issue some word of wisdon or solve every issue every time. I agree with him playing golf. At least while he is on the course he is not screwing up my life. We need an American for President and don't start that birther crap on me.

Um....we HAVE an American for President, signelect.

Go back and read the title of my post...

You can choose to not be embarrassed becuase you didn't vote for him, however, I was embarrassed for America even though I didn't vote for any of the previous President.

That's kind of like punching someone in the nose and saying you don't want to fight. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back