I'm Not Convinced the Bailout is so Urgently Needed

That's nice.

Now, as to the rest of the nation?

The market is NOT the barometer of the health of this nation.

The market is clueless or indifferent or something.

The market gets it WRONG all the time

You still railing against the free market? What did the market get wrong? For that matter what does the alternative (government), get right?

Last edited:
oh, and in this bill, the penalty for paying the ceo's of the corps that we are bailing out, who are on the way out the door... more than 50 million in pay.... is that they will not be able to take their tax writeoff for it....big fricking deal!

oh, and in this bill, the penalty for paying the ceo's of the corps that we are bailing out, who are on the way out the door... more than 50 million in pay.... is that they will not be able to take their tax writeoff for it....big fricking deal!

BLOOD--lets go for BLOOD.

BLOOD--lets go for BLOOD.

Maybe if we did, it wouldn't happen again. It both a time to fix it , if it needs fixing, and to find and punish the guilty. We can chew gum and walk at the same time.

Maybe if we did, it wouldn't happen again. It both a time to fix it , if it needs fixing, and to find and punish the guilty. We can chew gum and walk at the same time.

I'm all for it----good like finding the real culprits-----Have I heard anyone mention the Fed yet ?

Market is still trending up. It would be ironic if the foreign credit market props stopped our hemorrhage. It was goinmg to be a foreign bailout anyway because the US doesn't have the money. We would be required to sell treasury bonds...more international debt. But that would have devalued the dollar which would make those bonds worth less on redemption. Any potential buyers would know this and that would have aggravated the situation because they would be reluctant to buy. If they didn't buy that would mean the US economy = shit and THAT could have crashed things bad.

the dollar rose against the euro...the bail out is a total sham...morgages holders are hoping for the bailout, why sell short when they are hoping for a bail out at a higher price?
Indeed.

Keep the gov't out of this.

Keep free markets free.

You still railing against the free market? What did the market get wrong? For that matter what does the alternative (government), get right?

hedge funds
accounts shipped off to the Cayman's money transactions hidden from view

I agree, and the punishment needs to go far beyond wallstreet all the way to ACORN. Matter of fact let's start with the big fat A.

Of course it is.

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of Pelosi's teeth right now.

We shouldn't do ANYTHING. Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac need to crash and burn, and the idiots who voted to hold them up with them.

The economy needs to be brought back to the point where people are living within their means, and the government needs to stop encouraging otherwise.

Besides which, if it's a failed situation, throwing money at it will not help. Why would we let the same losers who caused this mess try to fix it?

It needs to come down and we'll start from wherever we land.

Maybe they should act like a bailout is imminent. Don't give a date when it is suppose to pass. Since Wall Street Wolves seem to be emotionally-driven. Maybe if they were intellectually-driven, they could have simplified a seemingly complex issue that caused a financial meltdown with key Wall Street firms. They do not know the exact valuation of these financial instruments that caused this mess. Feed them $700 billion more, you'll never see $700 billion back. A bad investment for America. For these culprits who started this mess, hopefully they lose ever dime that they earned.

What is happening is all the banks and creditors are holding out, saying they can't loan...waiting to see how much bailout money they get.

I say, and I've said all along, fuck them. No bailout money. If wall street crashes, it crashes. New banks will open, new opportunities will arise, and the pigs who got us into this mess will end up in the gutter where they belong.

I agree, and the punishment needs to go far beyond wallstreet all the way to ACORN. Matter of fact let's start with the big fat A.

acorn's home division is only one of the agencies in the usa that are charged with helping the less fortunate getting in to homes...i think there are an additional 5 others...

what is it about acorn that you hate so much verses the other organizations charged with the same task and paid to do it, willow?

care

What is happening is all the banks and creditors are holding out, saying they can't loan...waiting to see how much bailout money they get.

I say, and I've said all along, fuck them. No bailout money. If wall street crashes, it crashes. New banks will open, new opportunities will arise, and the pigs who got us into this mess will end up in the gutter where they belong.

Wow, I agree with you. PS. I just got a staunch republican to vote for Obama. He says, "but if my taxes go up, I'm going to come and kill you".

LOL. GULP. If they do this bailout, I don't know how taxes won't go up. :eusa_pray:

Ouch. You're dead meat if Obama gets the presidency. How'd you convince him Obama wouldn't raise his taxes?

Ouch. You're dead meat if Obama gets the presidency. How'd you convince him Obama wouldn't raise his taxes?

He had to have been a complete imbecile. Obama is more left than anyone. Left = taxes. That friend should have been able to put 2 and 2 together.

Forum List

Back