I'm Not Convinced the Bailout is so Urgently Needed

HoleInTheVoid

Sep 10, 2008
Obviously the conservatives are in a take-it-or-leave-it mood mostly leave it because they don't want to socialize the US banking system, but the dems don't seem to think this is so serious despite their panicking tones...

More members of the Congressional Black Caucus, whose heavily black districts include many of Obama's most ardent supporters, opposed the bill than supported it.

Few of these members are in, or will ever have, tough re-elections.

Obama, it seems, could have helped deliver some of these votes if he had been more invested in the bill.
Jonathan Martin's Blog: Most CBC members bailout bill - Politico.com

Add in the dems not inviting the GOP to the early rounds of hammering out a plan then calling them "unpatriotic" because they weren't present for what they weren't allowed to attend all smacks of some sort of behind your back snickering game playing.

I believe we need some sort of intervention,but not stuffing millions in the bill for the POS Acorn.Why is acorn even in there in the first place?. Maybe I'll ask John Kerry, yeah that's the uh ticket.
They needed a two day time out to look at what they are really voting for.
The dems got caught sticking their hands in the cookie jar and now they're gnashing teeth and frothing at their greedy mouths.

Last edited:
I believe we need some sort of intervention,but not stuffing millions in the bill for the POS Acorn.Why is acorn even in there in the first place?. Maybe I'll ask John Kerry, yeah that's the uh ticket.
They needed a two day time out to look at what they are really voting for.

because they are master race baiters

Market started up about 100 and climbed.

Patience children, patience. Panic is your biggest enemy.

Market started up about 100 and climbed.

Patience children, patience. Panic is your biggest enemy.

That's nice.

Now, as to the rest of the nation?

The market is NOT the barometer of the health of this nation.

The market is clueless or indifferent or something.

The market gets it WRONG all the time

The market is a barometer of investment capital available; a thing compromised when banks gave money to people who couldn't pay it back for properties ridicuolously overpriced.

I know editec a market meltdown helps your candidate so you would enjoy it but what we need to see now is whether people have enough confidence in the economy to keep their money in it.

The market is a barometer of investment capital available; a thing compromised when banks gave money to people who couldn't pay it back for properties ridicuolously overpriced.

I know editec a market meltdown helps your candidate so you would enjoy it but what we need to see now is whether people have enough confidence in the economy to keep their money in it.

market's up 240+ and the sun came up too. maybe wall st will figure out that even if they hold their breath till they turn blue and stomp their feet, we're bearish on their bullshit.

It's not. It's Bush's last looting of the treasury before he leaves office.

Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it. Or something like that.

If you don't think he lied us into Iraq, then you probably don't believe he is lying us now.

If the bankruptcy provision change, and the provisions that give us Americans MORE assurances with insurances in return, and more punishment to those who were negligent, along with some immediate reforms in our overseeing agencies that would not take congress to do....this bill will and should pass.... :)

the only person that i respect that has stated that this money has to come thru, asap, is suzie ormond...hearing her say it, gave pause...for me....:eek:

If the bankruptcy provision change, and the provisions that give us Americans MORE assurances with insurances in return, and more punishment to those who were negligent, along with some immediate reforms in our overseeing agencies that would not take congress to do....this bill will and should pass.... :)

the only person that i respect that has stated that this money has to come thru, asap, is suzie ormond...hearing her say it, gave pause...for me....:eek:

names---who should be punished and what law did they break ?

names---who should be punished and what law did they break ?

those at the banks, investment companies and insurance companies that gamed the system, by having undercover deals with ratings agencies to rate their items being sold and bought as tripple A ratings, showing no risks and solid investment....

for starters...

those at the banks, investment companies and insurance companies that gamed the system, by having undercover deals with ratings agencies to rate their items being sold and bought as tripple A ratings, showing no risks and solid investment....

for starters...

Those aren't names and you didn't list a single law they broke.

those that created and sold these very very high risk adjustable mortgages to the masses who are getting our bailout money should not walk away with millions....right now there is a provision that they can not get more than 50 million i believe i heard, and that to me, if correct, is unacceptable....

Forum List

Back