I'm Not Catholic - But I'm Still Offended - Why Not A Hate Crime?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Someone urinated in the holy water at a suburban Rochester, N.Y., Catholic church.

Four local teens have been charged with that and other vandalism.

Monroe County sheriff's deputies said the teenagers smashed wine bottles against the walls, left bicycle skid marks on the carpet, emptied the fire extinguishers and burned cigarette holes in the Saint Pious X Church.

The damage is estimated at $17,000.

Charged are 18-year-old Dan Seklar, 17-year-old Richard DeCarolis, 16-year-old Michael Street and a 15-year-old who is being charged as a juvenile. All are charged with burglary and criminal mischief, both felonies.

The boys have been released to their parents.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/4699468/detail.html

--

Now...if they had been in a Mosque...and urinated on a copy of the Koran...

GotZoom said:
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Someone urinated in the holy water at a suburban Rochester, N.Y., Catholic church.

Four local teens have been charged with that and other vandalism.

Monroe County sheriff's deputies said the teenagers smashed wine bottles against the walls, left bicycle skid marks on the carpet, emptied the fire extinguishers and burned cigarette holes in the Saint Pious X Church.

The damage is estimated at $17,000.

Charged are 18-year-old Dan Seklar, 17-year-old Richard DeCarolis, 16-year-old Michael Street and a 15-year-old who is being charged as a juvenile. All are charged with burglary and criminal mischief, both felonies.

The boys have been released to their parents.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/4699468/detail.html

--

Now...if they had been in a Mosque...and urinated on a copy of the Koran...

They must not have any parks where they live.

<i>*pulls tongue out of cheek, and walks off</i>

Shattered said:
They must not have any parks where they live.

<i>*pulls tongue out of cheek, and walks off</i>
:thewave:

Attachments

• $188x110.jpg
    $188x110.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 112
gop_jeff said:
Who left the church unlocked?

Duh....President Bush.

Everything is his fault.

These kids were just exercising their right of free speech in protest to the President's action in Iraq.

gop_jeff said:
Who left the church unlocked?
Traditionally Catholic churches have been left unlocked, so one could go to 'God's House' whenever one wished. Much like chapel in a hospital-always open.

Now many do lock the doors, for the cited reason.

Good point.... if this had happened in a synagogue, it would have been a hate crime, however, in New York, ONLY CERTAIN DESIGNATED GROUPS qualify for hate crimes, gays, blacks and so on.

Which is why I am personally opposed to such legislation and have written to my representatives in Albany about.

If I kill a white person, it's a crime, but if I kill a black person, now it's a hate crime and the punishment is more severe.

Since when is the life or well being of a gay or black person of more worth than a white person's? This is clearly a case of discrimination under the law.

MissileMan said:
Hopefully, so the parents can kick their asses and make arrangements for them to do some free labor for this church as restitution.
Oh no, that would be child abuse!

MissileMan said:
No, I joined the AF and made my own way in life. Besides, I was an :halo:
Even if you weren't an angel, I can bet that the AF taught you, if nothing else, respect ..... of people & their property.

Forum List

Back