I'm Not a Fan of Britney Spears So Goodbye, Kohls...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 12:46pm EST
Kohl’s signs marketing deal with Britney Spears

Candie’s, which is the exclusive juniors brand at Kohl’s Department Stores, has signed an exclusive partnership with Britney Spears.

The pop singer will be featured in the Candie’s Only at Kohl’s brand’s print, television, in-store and online marketing and advertising campaigns this year.

Candie’s and Kohl’s also will be heavily integrated into all of Spears’ upcoming promotional activities, according to a Monday announcement by Iconix Brand Group (NASDAQ: ICON), which provides the Candie’s line to Menomonee Falls, Wisc.-based Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS).

Candie’s and Kohl’s will be associate sponsors of Spears’ upcoming tour that begins on Tuesday.

“I’m so excited to be the face for Candie’s Only at Kohl’s,” Spears said in a media release. “Candie’s and Kohl’s are doing such great things with my tour. It’s great to work with a line that has such cool clothes and accessories.”

Kohl’s executives are confident that Spears will resonate with young shoppers “who want great style at exceptional value,” said the company’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer Julie Gardner.

Kohl’s signs marketing deal with Britney Spears - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

I called their corporate offices and informed them that while I had been a frequent in-store and online shopper, that with this new marketing decision, I will no longer be shopping at Kohl's. Obviously, they were ready for the barrage of calls because the customer rep politely read from her script saying that they regret that I will no longer be shopping with them, and that Kohl's respects the privacy of Britney Spears personal life.

Candie’s, which is the exclusive juniors brand at Kohl’s Department Stores, has signed an exclusive partnership with Britney Spears.

The pop singer will be featured in the Candie’s Only at Kohl’s brand’s print, television, in-store and online marketing and advertising campaigns this year.

Candie’s and Kohl’s also will be heavily integrated into all of Spears’ upcoming promotional activities, according to a Monday announcement by Iconix Brand Group (NASDAQ: ICON), which provides the Candie’s line to Menomonee Falls, Wisc.-based Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS).

Candie’s and Kohl’s will be associate sponsors of Spears’ upcoming tour that begins on Tuesday.

“I’m so excited to be the face for Candie’s Only at Kohl’s,” Spears said in a media release. “Candie’s and Kohl’s are doing such great things with my tour. It’s great to work with a line that has such cool clothes and accessories.”

Kohl’s executives are confident that Spears will resonate with young shoppers “who want great style at exceptional value,” said the company’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer Julie Gardner.

I called their corporate offices and informed them that while I had been a frequent in-store and online shopper, that with this new marketing decision, I will no longer be shopping at Kohl's. Obviously, they were ready for the barrage of calls because the customer rep politely read from her script saying that they regret that I will no longer be shopping with them, and that Kohl's respects the privacy of Britney Spears personal life.

well Candies never looked good on me,so,it dont affect me.....

well Candies never looked good on me,so,it dont affect me.....

Really? I thought those strappy sandals looked good on everyone...

I'm not a big fan of any celebrity-- I guess I never understood the pull. They are human they make music or movies or they are politicians. They get famous one way or another-- they do not deserve any more air than you or I—although some of this think they do and some fans think they do too. Anyway I digress. I was going to say I recall the Candies campaign where Jenny McCarthy was sitting on the toilet advertizing the shoes-- That was a real turn off for me. I have no clue how men saw it--- but I did not think they made candies for men. So I never understood why she was sitting on the toilet advertising shoes. She is a sexy lady-- but sitting on the tolite selling shoes just was a turn off for Candies shoes. Blah

Following picture may be considered NSFW

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FdEdvFQfw...Wg/yYsquntbW7E/s400/jennymccarthycandies2.jpg

Last edited:
I have never been a fan of Brittany or of Khol's so no loss! I don't think I've ever picked up a peice of merchandise that was not "made in China"

CaféAuLait;1080725 said:
I'm not a big fan of any celebrity-- I guess I never understood the pull. They are human they make music or movies or they are politicians. They get famous one way or another-- they do not deserve any more air than you or I—although some of this think they do and some fans think they do too. Anyway I digress. I was going to say I recall the Candies campaign where Jenny McCarthy was sitting on the toilet advertizing the shoes-- That was a real turn off for me. I have no clue how men saw it--- but I did not think they made candies for men. So I never understood why she was sitting on the toilet advertising shoes. She is a sexy lady-- but sitting on the tolite selling shoes just was a turn off for Candies shoes. Blah

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FdEdvFQfw...Wg/yYsquntbW7E/s400/jennymccarthycandies2.jpg

Sounds like another bad marketing decision. Around me, it's not the fashionistas shopping at Kohls. They are every day family people. I'm not big on celebrities, and they all have problems. But the most egregious error Spears made was endangering the welfare of her children. She will never live down the "bad mommy" image in my eyes and I'd rather shell out a few extra bucks at a different store than have to tolerate their new marketing campaign.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1080725 said:

Sounds like another bad marketing decision. Around me, it's not the fashionistas shopping at Kohls. They are every day family people. I'm not big on celebrities, and they all have problems. But the most egregious error Spears made endangering the welfare of her children. She will never live down the "bad mommy" image in my eyes and I'd rather shell out a few extra bucks at a different store than have to tolerate their new marketing campaign.

I understand completly, when bringing up children. After her saying she wanted to have their teeth whitened because they were rotting in their mouths when they were just toddlers. Might have helped if she did not let them rot to begin with. Have you seen the ads by chance? She is catering to children in them. I work at the PMO so child welfare is a big thing with us here so she was the topic of conversation for some time.

Last edited:
The sad story or Britney though shows one sad fact about Americans ... notice how when she is being what everyone "wants" her to be she is popular, but the moment she tries to be unique they jump all over her? I don't like most celebs ... but that story just proves many of my contentions with society as a whole.

I don't see what the big deal is. :confused:

I hope this doesn't come across as me patronizing you, but I would have felt the same way you do 10 years sans kids. In the same way a newstory about a child going missing didn't seem to affect me as it does now.

Sadly, most people will feel the way you do and if they've been shopping at Kohl's, they won't have any compuctions and will continue in their old shopping habits.

I don't base my shopping decisions on crap that comes out of Hollywood, one way or another. Every chain in the world has ppl working for them who have committed crimes, including violent ones.

Also not a fan of black balling particular celebrities based on hysteria generated by the media.

Was she actually convicted of child endangerment?

Forum List

Back