I'm No James Brown ... But I Feed Good!!!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Ta-da-da-da-da-da. I thought of General Discussion ... but then Humor seemed more appropriate. :lol:

Had a phone call from a friend and former co-worker today. She was on her way to court today - she's suing our former employer in Federal Court for age discrimination among other things. She has a mediation tomorrow, but learned yesterday that they filed a Motion to Dismiss for hearing today. Her attorney was not a happy camper. She said she'd let me know what happened.

Anyhoo ... on the Plaintiff's side, there was my friend and her attorney present. For the defense ... well there were four attorneys who were representing our former employer, two senior partners from the firm and four or five summer clerks. I guess the partners wanted to show the summer clerks "this is how it's done."

The case had been handed over to a new Judge ... who I happened to know from a lot of years back - very nice guy. I guess he's been on the Federal bench for about 20 years now. Anyway ... he refused to dismiss the case. Oh, my. My friend said I should have seen the faces on the senior partners when that ruling came down. I laughed - did my heart good to hear that news. There was a meeting in chambers after the hearing.

If things don't get settled in mediation tomorrow, I would sure as hell LOVE to be subpoenaed if it goes to trial. Jaws really would drop if that happened.

I hate lawyers. But sometimes they're a necessary evil.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back