Im new here too

Don't be fooled by the general tone of the discussions, most people here are nuts. I should know, they're all on the same psych ward I am....... :eusa_whistle:

Welcome!

Thanks Ringel. I see you are from Virginia. I lived in Virginia Beach for about 15 years before leaving the U.S due to work. I plan to return to the States just as soon as I retire, about 8 more years.

Thanks Ringel. I see you are from Virginia. I lived in Virginia Beach for about 15 years before leaving the U.S due to work. I plan to return to the States just as soon as I retire, about 8 more years.

I spent about half my childhood and a portion of my late (adult) teens/20s outside of the US.
I wouldn't mind living and working outside of the US for a while again, if the price was right.

I cant wait to retire and move to the U.S, Im thinking about Colorado or maybe South Dakota.

Colorado, definitely! In South Dakota you're driving down the road and you see a hill in the distance, an hour later you finally reach it only to discover it's an overpass...... :lol:

Im think somewhere around Estes Park would be good, close to the big city if for any reason on needs it, like medical or something, and right up by the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

If it were totally up to me I would be heading to Alaska, My wife however has say in this, and while she is not fond of the cold weather, she does love the mountain areas, so its a compromise that will work well with both of us.

Im think somewhere around Estes Park would be good, close to the big city if for any reason on needs it, like medical or something, and right up by the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

My parents and youngest brother are in Widefield, just south of Colorado Springs. Woodland Park on 24 would be one of my retirement options as long as I didn't mind getting snowed in periodically. :lol:

I love the Rampart Range, used to hike and camp it all the time.

If it were totally up to me I would be heading to Alaska, My wife however has say in this, and while she is not fond of the cold weather, she does love the mountain areas, so its a compromise that will work well with both of us.
I spent 18 months in Alaska while stationed at Ft. Wainwright (Fairbanks). It's truly a beautiful place, but downright brutal. Winters are obviously a bitch, and the constant darkness can play with the mind. That's why the suicide and alcoholism rates are so high. Summers are beautiful but, dealing with massive amounts of mosqitos as big as as your hand will also drive ya' friggin' nuts.

And, most of the women have that Palin accent. It will drive ya' just as nuts as the darkness and mosquitos.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back