I'm new here so please...

tell me your political views so I can get a handle on who I am more in line with.:cool: People call me a Libertarian and I use that term myself however I registered Republican in 1979 on my 18th Birthday when I was known as a "staunch conservative", my views are still the same all these years later, I believe in personal responsibility, a strong but non aggressive defense with a non interventionist foreign policy, Capitalism to the point of laissez-faire, sound money and a Federal government much smaller than it is now, perhaps on the scale it was over 100 years ago.:cool:

well, I'm with you buddy.. "non interventionist" foreign policy???? do you lean toward isolationism? when and under what circumstances would you "intervene"? Me? I do lean toward isolationism I think..

To me non interventionist and isolationist are not the same. I want to trade with all, just no meddling in their affairs.

What in terms of assistance and defense of allies? What in terms of upholding treaties we are committed to?

yeah we'll try marxism:cuckoo:

Which is just the kind of thing laissez-faire economics turns into because of the pwoer struggle it sets up.

Why do you people think No one corners the market when their are no rules and police in the market?

There is power struggles now and we have not had anything near laissez faire in our lifetime.

Who would get wealthy in a laissez-faire market?

When you have no rules then the money consolidates into fewer and fewer hands.

Look at history.

Which is just the kind of thing laissez-faire economics turns into because of the pwoer struggle it sets up.

Why do you people think No one corners the market when their are no rules and police in the market?

There is power struggles now and we have not had anything near laissez faire in our lifetime.

Look at history.

That is not always the case, TM. Also, there are worst scenarios than "money consolidating in the hands of a few"

One case is that the industry abandons this nation for better economic opportunites

Another is the beginning of a market full of subquality goods--i.e. production dumping grounds

Another case is the rapid change in prices of good for no real pertinent reasons...

Ability for the public to access goods, price stability, product quality are just a few things that actually makes an economy. This constant focus on excessive Profits and predominance of quality Jobs are actually minor considerations and not even part of the bigger picture.

A balance between government regulations and self regulations needs to be found. Going totally in one direction or the other just does not make any economic sense. Nor does it helps in the general concepts dealing with governance.

Want to find out your political persuassion?

Take a political test!!! They take a few minutes, but could reveal something you never expected...you could be a centrist that favors conservative ideas, which is an easy position to obtain.

Look at history.

That is not always the case, TM. Also, there are worst scenarios than "money consolidating in the hands of a few"

One case is that the industry abandons this nation for better economic opportunites

Another is the beginning of a market full of subquality goods--i.e. production dumping grounds

Another case is the rapid change in prices of good for no real pertinent reasons...

Ability for the public to access goods, price stability, product quality are just a few things that actually makes an economy. This constant focus on excessive Profits and predominance of quality Jobs are actually minor considerations and not even part of the bigger picture.

A balance between government regulations and self regulations needs to be found. Going totally in one direction or the other just does not make any economic sense. Nor does it helps in the general concepts dealing with governance.

I agree with you , Im a capitalist myself. Its jsut can not remain healty without good regulations to contain it.

The people who dream up laissez-faire markets as the perfect solution live in a dream world that has no basis in fact.

I just wish the people who think of it as something viable would realize their is NO basis for their claims and tons of evidence that every time we deregulate any market it ends just like this mess.

Look at history.

Wealth has to be between the producers as well as the consumers in a free market, otherwise goods and services would not get sold. As it is, with the quasi corporatist /government partnerships, the very ones you want to protect are the ones getting took.

Look at history.

I agree with you , Im a capitalist myself. Its jsut can not remain healty without good regulations to contain it.

The people who dream up laissez-faire markets as the perfect solution live in a dream world that has no basis in fact.

I just wish the people who think of it as something viable would realize their is NO basis for their claims and tons of evidence that every time we deregulate any market it ends just like this mess.

What regulations or lack od regulations created this mess? We have hundreds of thousands of regulations, hell, a hole in the slice of Swiss Cheese is regulated on up. Where is this great void of regulations that you speak of?

Experience is the best teacher.

People claim to be all kinds of things, only by their actions can you judge them effectivily.

a7899002.png

Forum List

Back