I'm making homemade Bar-B-Q today.

radiomanatl-albums-funny-stuff-picture2044-boston-butt.jpg

radiomanatl-albums-funny-stuff-picture2045-sauce-cooking.jpg

I just licked the screen.

Your BBQ pulled pork tastes like a computer screen.

So it needs a bit more garlic salt?

Angle I took the pic at makes the pork butt seem smaller than it is. It's about a 4-1/2 pounder.

Your butt looks plenty big to me......

....lunch time...I'll be right over.

Come on over. Should be plenty for everyone.

My wife makes fun of me when I eat it. Normal people put it on saltines, make a sandwich of it, whatever.

I just get a big bowl and fill it full of meat and grab a fork. I am the anti-vegan when it comes to this stuff. NO vegetables or other fillers. Just. Pure. Meat.

Me Too!

I don't want any carbs or veggies getting between me and the meat.

Can you post your recipe?

Yeah.

It's pretty darn simple, but quite tasty. This recipe makes enough for about 1 lb of meat. For a typical pork but, you have to x4.

1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs mustard (yellow, spicy...pick one)
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 Tbs of Lemon Juice
1/4 Sliced and diced onion
1/2 cup ketchup.
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce.

Simmer on low for about 2 hours, or until thick enough for your tastes. You can mix it up a little and use apple vinegar, different mustards, liquid smokes, etc.

Do you smoke the pork on a pit? If so.... how long and what kind of wood ya use?
That adds more time of course, but its so good.

You can also soak the pork butt in a brine solution for 4 hours or overnight.

I use pecan/oak and smoke it for about 6 - 10 hrs or so... maybe longer @ 225 (until inner reaches 165 at least).

:eusa_drool:

WTF they didn't teach you in High School????:razz:

Get a pork roast
Put it in a crock pot
Pour BBQ sauce over it.

Turn the crock pot on

Wait 6 hours.

Sinful..... just plain sinful.

I think I am going to burn your recipe book.

Just dont lead a jihad against me please :eusa_pray:

Yeah.

It's pretty darn simple, but quite tasty. This recipe makes enough for about 1 lb of meat. For a typical pork but, you have to x4.

1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs mustard (yellow, spicy...pick one)
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 Tbs of Lemon Juice
1/4 Sliced and diced onion
1/2 cup ketchup.
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce.

Simmer on low for about 2 hours, or until thick enough for your tastes. You can mix it up a little and use apple vinegar, different mustards, liquid smokes, etc.

Do you smoke the pork on a pit? If so.... how long and what kind of wood ya use?
That adds more time of course, but its so good.

You can also soak the pork butt in a brine solution for 4 hours or overnight.

I use pecan/oak and smoke it for about 6 - 10 hrs or so... maybe longer @ 225 (until inner reaches 165 at least).

:eusa_drool:

WTF they didn't teach you in High School????:razz:

Get a pork roast
Put it in a crock pot
Pour BBQ sauce over it.

Turn the crock pot on

Wait 6 hours.

Sinful..... just plain sinful.

I think I am going to burn your recipe book.

Just dont lead a jihad against me please :eusa_pray:

For this sauce, I cook the butt in the oven. I prefer the taste of the sauce over the taste of smoked for this sauce recipe. YMMV though.

Barbecue pulled, sauce poured on it and in it, covered and back in the oven for another 2 hours at 200 degrees. Off to take the girls to cheerleading practice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulled pork, in a homemade sauce. Takes about 6-8 hours to do it right. But oh-so delicious.

What did you say that home address was? How about GPS coordinates?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pulled pork, in a homemade sauce. Takes about 6-8 hours to do it right. But oh-so delicious.

It's actually taking much, much much longer than anticipated. In between doing all the yardwork and taking the girls to practice, I've had to drag out a few steps. But 30 more minutes and its done. It's in the last stage, uncovered and in the oven, getting that nice crust that everyone likes.

Feel free to come on over, Just follow your nose.

It's actually taking much, much much longer than anticipated. In between doing all the yardwork and taking the girls to practice, I've had to drag out a few steps. But 30 more minutes and its done. It's in the last stage, uncovered and in the oven, getting that nice crust that everyone likes.

Feel free to come on over, Just follow your nose.

I'm east bound, even as we speak... Be there just after sunrise.

Forum List

Back