I'm MAD AND YOU WILL BE TOO!

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

98% of Americans are decent, honest, hard working people. We elect the other 2%. Let's stop electing idiots.

Do we have a choice?

Third Party voters are derided for "throwing away" their votes.

So, we have the two parties.

The first presidential election in which I could vote was 1980: The VERY BEST CANDIDATES that survived the excruciating primary process were:

Reagan v. Carter

:eusa_eh:

Its gotten worse

Bush Sr v. Dukakis:eek:

Clinton v. Bush Sr. (v. Perot):disbelief:

Clinton v. Dole:eusa_sick:

Bush Jr v. Gore:eusa_sick:

Bush Jr v. Kerry:cheeky-smiley-018:

Obama v. McCain:cheeky-smiley-018:

The Democrats created the current pay raise system. The President by law must recommend pay for Congress based on the cost of living increases.

Congress gets the raise UNLESS both the House and Senate vote it down.

The Democrats control both houses. THEY, not the Republicans, chose to get rid of raises for everyone else but to keep their raise. I REPEAT. The DEMOCRATS decided to keep their raise AFTER getting rid of raises for everyone else.

Who should we blame?

So, the Republicans voted against it then? En Masse?

Somehow I HIGHLY doubt that one.

Also, did the Republicans vote against it when they held Congress? The answer to that is definitely a big fat NO.

Now, honestly, this pisses me off too, and I intend to write my congressman/Senator about it, but turning this into a partisan issue solves nothing.

WE elected the dipshits.
And keep re-electing many of them.

Who should we get mad at?

They are voted in by the same people who live off the entitlement programs the dems created. This is a vicious cycle that is caused by both the politicians and the people voting them back in each election cycle.
Rather than getting mad, we should have stricter requirements for voting and stricter requirements for passing these vote buying laws. Just so you know this is not one sided, the Republicans are bought and paid for too.
Until we can get the entire political spectrum changes out with anyone that comes close to an honest, "I truly do work for the people", politician, the cycle will continue.

Who's defending McVeigh? I haven't heard anything on this yet.
As for Plame.....I'm not even going to go down that road again. There was a witch hunt and the truth never ended up in the media for the most part.

nooooo.. not you re defending mcveigh. but look around the board. there are many who are.

we'll have to agree to disagree re plame. s'okay. ;)

Many?

like who? where?

I've read posts that attempt to explain McVeigh's actions, but they don't DEFEND the actions.

The Mcveigh thing is just another lame, fear mongering soundbite for the libs. No one I have read on this board supports or defends him.

Forum List

Back