I'm listening to the news this morning...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
The first republican debate watcher said she'd vote Donald Duck if polls showed he had the best shot at beating Obama.

The next republican debate watcher interviewed said the same thing about Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Seriously?!? :wtf:

Is this really the attitude of MOST of you republicans?
I no huge fan of Obama, but I'd rather have him in the White House than Barny or Donald.

Pretty sad to hear. Some people are just that loyal to their parties.

You mean like the blindly faithful Obamabots that cheer him no matter what he does or does not do? Like that? Like the ones that claim anyone opposed to Obama is a racist? The ones that claim the Tea Party was violent or racist? Those people?

How about the vast majority of the main stream press that did absolutely no fact checking or vetting of Obama in 2008 and continue to defend him by not running stories damaging to him? Like that?

I don't know... this feels like it goes beyond party loyalty. These people interviewed really, really HATE Obama. Seems personal.
Hate?

:lol:

Maybe they just are passionate about their country?

Could be, ya know.

Just because I believe Obama is a horrible president doesn't mean I hate him. I bet you knew that, too.

:rolleyes:

You mean like the blindly faithful Obamabots that cheer him no matter what he does or does not do? Like that? Like the ones that claim anyone opposed to Obama is a racist? The ones that claim the Tea Party was violent or racist? Those people?

How about the vast majority of the main stream press that did absolutely no fact checking or vetting of Obama in 2008 and continue to defend him by not running stories damaging to him? Like that?

You're not necessarily wrong, but I don't want this thread to turn into a typical "Well THEY do it too!!" thread.

I want to know from the republicans if it's really personal enough to follow mythical cartoon characters into battle instead of a human.

The first republican debate watcher said she'd vote Donald Duck if polls showed he had the best shot at beating Obama.

The next republican debate watcher interviewed said the same thing about Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

I no huge fan of Obama, but I'd rather have him in the White House than Barny or Donald.

Why?

Not stealing enough from tax payers?

Cronies need more money?

The second amendment troublesome?

Why?

You're not necessarily wrong, but I don't want this thread to turn into a typical "Well THEY do it too!!" thread.

I want to know from the republicans if it is personal enough to follow mythical cartoon characters into battle instead of a human.

Ya cause they seriously meant they would vote for a cartoon character. Give me a break.

I don't know... this feels like it goes beyond party loyalty. These people interviewed really, really HATE Obama. Seems personal.
Hate?

Could be, ya know.

Just because I believe Obama is a horrible president doesn't mean I hate him. I bet you knew that, too.

True. But you are, for the most part, reasonable.

I see you as intelligent enough to avoid advocating for Donald Duck for Commander In Chief on a t.v. interview.

You mean like how the Anti Bush crowd was not personal? Remember when in doubt just claim they are racist.

Not that you don't have a point, but "They do it too!" is not great fodder for a political discussion.

Why?

Cronies need more money?

Why?

Let's just start with a US birth certificate... I see trouble ahead for Donald and Barny in producing that particular document on themselves.

Hate?

Could be, ya know.

True. But you are, for the most part, reasonable.

I see you as intelligent enough to avoid advocating for Donald Duck for Commander In Chief on a t.v. interview.
Do you REALLY think they are advocating for a fictional character?

Or, are they saying "anyone but Obama", metaphorically?

I really would like to know which you think is more probable.

I want to know from the republicans if it is personal enough to follow mythical cartoon characters into battle instead of a human.

Ya cause they seriously meant they would vote for a cartoon character. Give me a break.

They were passionate in their desire to see ANYONE, including mythical characters, in the White House over its current resident. I'm curious as to why....

Why?

Cronies need more money?

Why?

Let's just start with a US birth certificate... I see trouble ahead for Donald and Barny in producing that particular document on themselves.

So you are just trolling. you havent any real thoughts. :eusa_clap:

They were passionate in their desire to see ANYONE, including mythical characters, in the White House over its current resident. I'm curious as to why....

You ACTUALLY think they meant elect a cartoon character? REALLY?

I watched the news yesterday morning for two whole hours and then had no one to discuss things with... I even posted and no one responded... :lol: Perhaps most of America prefers to be oblivious and just wants to be knowledgeable enough to bitch. :dunno: I'd rather be understanding/knowledgeable enough to know why NOT to bitch pointlessly and redundantly.

I am not an absolute fan of Obama, but then I wasn't of Bush either. I tend to like the ones that don't make it in office... like McCain. :dunno: When I watched the debates between Obama and McCain, however, I knew Obama had it all over him. Newt speaks with an authority that few others seem to have... I see that, as well.

What we're seeing is that pubs don't really think. They hate President Obama more than they love their country. Fact is, if they really examined what President Obama has accomplished FOR THEM, they would feel differently. That's why I have referenced the link in my sig so often. But, they get their orders from such as Focks, Beck, Limbaugh who get their orders from Murdoch, the MUSLIM ARAB in charge of Focks programming, Kochs etc.

Forum List

Back