I'm Leaving the Conservative Party

I don't have any problem with republican moderates. ACTUAL republican moderates.

Are you a moderate in whatever party you might be in or even within your own political scope?

Don't you think most people, leaning left or leaning right prefer political moderates?

Oh and who defines what a moderate is? You? Me? Them?

Not the way I see it. The GOP if full of moderates. The only thing republicans are conservative about is tax cuts for the rich. Everything else they're either moderate or liberal.

I hope the whole base and the whole Republican party takes your stance. You'll be the end of the Republican party -- and I welcome it.

Like I care about republicans. They're just a bunch of hypocrites anyway.

But maybe if the republican did destroy itself we can replace with a party that's actually conservative. It's nice having choices during elections.

I want to ask you, what actions have the republican party taken recently that makes you think they've gone to the right? Please note that I asked for actions they have taken, not rhetoric they've vomited for the sheep.

Voting against their own ideas -- the individual mandate; voting against things they used to support -- infrastructure spending; voting to cut tax breaks for the middle and lower classes while keeping lower taxes for the rich; voting against routine, previously universally supported legislation -- the Violence Against Women Act. Those are just a few examples.

What took you so long? We tried this with Paul and they shut us down. The Republican Party has lost it's message and the ones they hold onto are all talk. Good luck out there.

Two choices: Take over the Republican Party or revolt.

East choice
I say revolt.....The GOP is run by Rovian neocon pussies, who are more focused on their perqs of power.

Just look what Boner is doing in congress right now.

But when you come to the point that you find revolt the right answer, I'll float you a few loaded magazines. ;)

I have been a registered Conservative since the first Reagan election, they best represent my principles and beliefs. But the time has come to say goodbye.

It's not that the Conservative Party has done anything wrong, it's that the Republican Party needs me, needs us more.

We, Conservatives, the base of the Party and the country, must take over the Republican Party and start to turn the country around. Our task is formidable: too many Republicans believe that Washington DC is the US Economy.

We must get involved at the local level. If we are Conservative Party members, we do not get to run the local Republican Party. It's time to send the Neo-Marxist Enablers known as Republican Moderates packing, they've done nothing but damage the brand and have lost every time they try to lead.

It's the conservative anti-moderate GOP pogram I've been expecting. It's been gaining momentum for some time now. It looks like the Republican primaries were just the warm up for what's now to follow since the GOP got their asses whooped in the election.

Let's see how an ideological purity test will help you guys with Independents. I'm thinking it's a mistake. But if past is prologue, that won't stop conservatives from rushing in where angels fear to tread.

We're a little slow because we're busy working and we thought everyone was good natured and had the country's best interest at heart.

We were mistaken

I have been a registered Conservative since the first Reagan election, they best represent my principles and beliefs. But the time has come to say goodbye.

It's not that the Conservative Party has done anything wrong, it's that the Republican Party needs me, needs us more.

We, Conservatives, the base of the Party and the country, must take over the Republican Party and start to turn the country around. Our task is formidable: too many Republicans believe that Washington DC is the US Economy.

We must get involved at the local level. If we are Conservative Party members, we do not get to run the local Republican Party. It's time to send the Neo-Marxist Enablers known as Republican Moderates packing, they've done nothing but damage the brand and have lost every time they try to lead.

So, you're gonna get rid of the moderate conservatives (who are actually able to come to some type of agreement) with the far right teabaggers who continually block the president?

Cool..................it would be nice to see a Democratic Senate and House in 2014.

I see stuff like this and I continually wonder why these people think any kind of political success will be the result of appealing to ever smaller groups of people while demonizing everyone else.

One also wonders what will make them finally see the light, clearly a good number remain clueless a month after losing a General Election.

A majority of the American people have no interest in the hatred, fear, reactionaryism, and division represented by conservative dogma, the proof of that is in the ballot box.

I don't have any problem with republican moderates. ACTUAL republican moderates.
Of course you don't...They're pussy pushovers who give you what you want, so they can get the good tee times and invited to all the swanky parties.

Exactly how I was thinking. "Oooh cool! Some freakin' lib likes me" That is hardly what I live for in life. Approval by or from the left especially those who have never even met a thing called " political moderation" in their own world.

Look, the cancer inside the GOP is taking itself out.

Self-deportation.

Self-abortion.

Maybe there is hope for the Party of Lincoln.
The cancer in America is liberalism. People like you. Too bad you will not remove yourself.

You are such a redneck. I mean in real life, I can just tell. You have a photo of your dog posing with your gun. "BigRebNC"? Lets see...you live in NC, probably way out in the sticks. You likely drive a huge truck that you have no use for. I just know you have rebel flag stickers on it. And about a 110% chance you are obese, wear sleeveless shirts, and chew tobacco.

Yep. That sounds about right. And when you tell people where you are from, its pronounced "Nawth Kuuurrlina"

A perfect example of why we have a big problem in America. Voters decide they know everything they need to know about a canidate by the way he looks and speaks. They don't need to know where he stands on the issues that affect this country as long as he doesn't have an unacceptal accent and will tell them things they want to hear even when they know they are lies. Most voters (51%) are3 just plain stupid.

Thank you Franky, makes life a lot easier here on the left when the right implodes.

So, you're gonna get rid of the moderate conservatives (who are actually able to come to some type of agreement) with the far right teabaggers who continually block the president?

Cool..................it would be nice to see a Democratic Senate and House in 2014.

yea real cool.....one Party running everything.....haven't you learned anything?....

I see stuff like this and I continually wonder why these people think any kind of political success will be the result of appealing to ever smaller groups of people while demonizing everyone else.

One also wonders what will make them finally see the light, clearly a good number remain clueless a month after losing a General Election.

A majority of the American people have no interest in the hatred, fear, reactionaryism, and division represented by conservative dogma, the proof of that is in the ballot box.

A majority of the American people have no interest in the hatred, fear, reactionaryism, and division represented by conservative dogma

A majority of the American people have no interest in the hatred, fear, reactionaryism, and division represented by politcal dogma from either side.

Do you think the voting public is educated and fully informed on the candidates when they vote? How much in percentage would you guess is? Do you think Obama won the election because he is what the American people in large overwhelming numbers want in leadership? Or did he simply win an election with no true mandate?

I hope the whole base and the whole Republican party takes your stance. You'll be the end of the Republican party -- and I welcome it.

Like I care about republicans. They're just a bunch of hypocrites anyway.

But maybe if the republican did destroy itself we can replace with a party that's actually conservative. It's nice having choices during elections.

I want to ask you, what actions have the republican party taken recently that makes you think they've gone to the right? Please note that I asked for actions they have taken, not rhetoric they've vomited for the sheep.

Voting against their own ideas -- the individual mandate; voting against things they used to support -- infrastructure spending; voting to cut tax breaks for the middle and lower classes while keeping lower taxes for the rich; voting against routine, previously universally supported legislation -- the Violence Against Women Act. Those are just a few examples.

Increasing spending. Increasing the size of government. Supporting the Dream Act. Increasing government control over things that should be state run.

Nothing you said was wrong either though. Okay, so liberal wan't the right word. But conservative sure as hell doesn't describe them either.

The cancer in America is liberalism. People like you. Too bad you will not remove yourself.

No, it's greed - one of the 7 Deadly Sins that destroys men's and women's souls and leaves them weak. The mark of a great nation is not how much the wealthiest among you has, but rather how that society treats the least among its citizens. Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins which leads to the downfall of men and nations.

A great society looks to be better by raising up all of it's citizens. A large, poorly educated underclass with little hope of improving their lives is a waste of the human resources of a nation. A great society provides both prods and rewards to help those who, for whatever reason, are falling behind so they can become contributors, rather than takers - a hand up, not a hand out. There is a great economic value to a society to help those willing to work for opportunities, achieve their potential.

People like you are incapable seeing the difference.

As an aside: Where you so-called "Defenders of the Constitution" when Bush was trampling all over your Constitutional Rights with The Patriots Act, and torture and imprisonment of Afhani's and Iraqi's at Gitmo? The one time when the USA really did need people to stand up and say "This is a violation of the US Constitution and all that America stands for" and you so-called patriots sat there with you thumbs up your butts and said "Thank you for keeping us safe Mr. President".

Sure, push out all the 'RINO's'. Make sure that compromise is not acceptable in anything at all. Every member toes the dogma or gets kicked out. And the GOP goes the way of the Whigs, and, after being a single party government for a couple of election cycles, the Democratic party splits into a more conservative and more liberal factions, both of which are to the left of the present Democratic Party.

And, Frankie Boy, you and the other 'Conservatives' will have been the prime archetects of this sea change in politics.

Republicans = Democrats. Only the rhetoric is slightly different. Look at how that Traitor Jon Boner is falling all over himself to do what Obama says.

The real sad part is that Liberals don't see that they elected a Democrat version of George Bush.

yea real cool.....one Party running everything.....haven't you learned anything?....

I couldn't agree more. This is where the partisans annoy me the most. A lot of the far right and left posters here would love to see nothing more than their party in complete control of the government. I welcome the gridlock. The less the government does the better. Hell, I'd vote to give them all paid vacations more often

No, it's greed - one of the 7 Deadly Sins that destroys men's and women's souls and leaves them weak. The mark of a great nation is not how much the wealthiest among you has, but rather how that society treats the least among its citizens. Greed is one of the 7 deadly sins which leads to the downfall of men and nations.

A great society looks to be better by raising up all of it's citizens. A large, poorly educated underclass with little hope of improving their lives is a waste of the human resources of a nation. A great society provides both prods and rewards to help those who, for whatever reason, are falling behind so they can become contributors, rather than takers - a hand up, not a hand out. There is a great economic value to a society to help those willing to work for opportunities, achieve their potential.

People like you are incapable seeing the difference.

As an aside: Where you so-called "Defenders of the Constitution" when Bush was trampling all over your Constitutional Rights with The Patriots Act, and torture and imprisonment of Afhani's and Iraqi's at Gitmo? The one time when the USA really did need people to stand up and say "This is a violation of the US Constitution and all that America stands for" and you so-called patriots sat there with you thumbs up your butts and said "Thank you for keeping us safe Mr. President".

The poor in the USA live like royalty compared to the poor anyplace else on the planet

Thank you Franky, makes life a lot easier here on the left when the right implodes.
We've just begun to fight the anti-American left that the Obama administration is. You better watch out! :muahaha:

We've just begun to fight the anti-American left that the Obama administration is. You better watch out! :muahaha:

And the first ingenious tactical move was to lose the presidential election.

Fucking stroke of brilliance, that was.

Forum List

Back