Im in hunters heaven

We just bought 65 acres up north Michigan. Bought a quad, put up 3 tree stands up now me my brother and father in law are doing an evening hunt.

Every fern blowing looks like a deer.scary up in this tree not I got a safety harness.

So happy. In paradise. Like a little piece of our childhood.

it is only in the past few years

that i have actually bought a tree stand

all of mine since i was a kid had been

makeshift stands made out of leftover lumber and nails

We just bought 65 acres up north Michigan. Bought a quad, put up 3 tree stands up now me my brother and father in law are doing an evening hunt.

Every fern blowing looks like a deer.scary up in this tree not I got a safety harness.

God I want to get a deer to shut the guys at work up. Last year I shot Bambi so they don't give me credit for that and they don't realize it ain't easy.

You should do what I do, plant yourself on top of a ridge, wait for a herd of deer to enter the clearing down below then let loose with the 40mm mortar, instant ground round........ :thup:

God I want to get a deer to shut the guys at work up. Last year I shot Bambi so they don't give me credit for that and they don't realize it ain't easy.

the bambis taste good though and tender too

As I got up to leave I turn around and see 5 turkey almost within shooting distance. I start walking towards them but made a few too many noises and they walked away when I left and got to my car I looked down the road and there are those turkeys crossing the road about a hundred yards down dammit. I would have shot a turkey

As I got up to leave I turn around and see 5 turkey almost within shooting distance. I start walking towards them but made a few too many noises and they walked away when I left and got to my car I looked down the road and there are those turkeys crossing the road about a hundred yards down dammit. I would have shot a turkey

you have fall turkey season

they have keen eye sight

they have keen eye sight
They didn't see me because I was leaning against a big tree and they were behind me. Then i got up and they saw/heard me and they were gone. I'm going up north. We have gathered a garbage can worth of acorns to spread around. Should I buy buck pee or doe heat? I think this time of year buck testosterone works best.

they have keen eye sight
They didn't see me because I was leaning against a big tree and they were behind me. Yea, they saw/heard me and they were gone.

they are paranoid that way --LOL

noticed you are using a crossbow

you like it

have you been successful with it

they have keen eye sight
They didn't see me because I was leaning against a big tree and they were behind me. Yea, they saw/heard me and they were gone.

you like it

I've shot 2 deer with it. I notice a lot of guys are buying these $400 crossbows. I don't know how good they are but I bought a $1000 ten point and it shoots far and fast. 60 yards accurate

Eons ago a bunch of us went camping, we were walking along a trail and a huge tom flew out of a tree to distract us from the flock heading up the side of the mountain. I had a .22 rifle with me and one of the guys wanted to get him a turkey....... I handed him the rifle and told him (sardonically) to have fun. About an hour and a half later he comes straggling back into camp tired and frustrated. He followed the flock up the mountain till he lost sight of them, started to turn back and he would hear them just above him and go after them again, this continued till he made it to the top of the mountain (West Virginia). He hung out enjoying the view then headed back down, partway back down he stopped to rest, propped the rifle against a tree and sat with it just out of reach on a log....... Sure enough the turkeys showed themselves and when he went for the rifle they were gone and the chase back up the hill was on....... I sat listening, trying hard not to laugh as I knew what would happen, a wild turkey chase....... :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

they have keen eye sight

you like it

I've shot 2 deer with it. I notice a lot of guys are buying these $400 crossbows. I don't know how good they are but I bought a $1000 ten point and it shoots far and fast. 60 yards accurate

i mostly use my myles keller which i have had for years

but i have thought about trying crossbow

my brother in law does in Minnesota

he has had great success with it

Eons ago a bunch of us went camping, we were walking along a trail and a huge tom flew out of a tree to distract us from the flock heading up the side of the mountain. I had a .22 rifle with me and one of the guys wanted to get him a turkey....... I handed him the rifle and told him (sardonically) to have fun. About an hour and a half later he comes straggling back into camp tired and frustrated. He followed the flock up the mountain till he lost sight of them, started to turn back and he would hear them just above him and go after them again, this continued till he made it to the top of the mountain (West Virginia). He hung out enjoying the view then headed back down, partway back down he stopped to rest, propped the rifle against a tree and sat with it just out of reach on a log....... Sure enough the turkeys showed themselves and when he went for the rifle they were gone and the chase back up the hill was on....... I sat listening, trying hard not to laugh as I knew what would happen, a wild turkey chase....... :D
Id love to do that in West Virginia. Bet it's beautiful.

I saw this show on wild turkeys. Very smart. And the guy raising them got an inside look at being a non human. For some reason the other animals weren't afraid of him when he was with the turkeys. Deer would come close. As soon as the birds left the animals stopped treating the guy like he was a non human.

Oh and each bird faught and the loser always left till one day the guy only had one turkey left and it attacked him. He beat it away with a stick and it flew off.

I saw this show on wild turkeys. Very smart. And the guy raising them got an inside look at being a non human. For some reason the other animals weren't afraid of him when he was with the turkeys. Deer would come close. As soon as the birds left the animals stopped treating the guy like he was a non human.

Oh and each bird faught and the loser always left till one day the guy only had one turkey left and it attacked him. He beat it away with a stick and it flew off.
Wild turkeys are smart Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird because they were so wily. The best way to hunt turkey is find a turkey track (scout out where the turkey are) and sit back against a tree with a turkey call and wait for them to show up but don't be surprised if they spot you and run off before you can take a shot. Hunting turkey is challenging at best.

Wild turkeys are smart Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird because they were so wily. The best way to hunt turkey is find a turkey track (scout out where the turkey are) and sit back against a tree with a turkey call and wait for them to show up but don't be surprised if they spot you and run off before you can take a shot. Hunting turkey is challenging at best.
Back up on the property. Last night I got up here around 2am. I didn't want to disturb the property so I went down 2 miles to where the road ends deep in the woods. I made a fire and laid a blanket out and slept under the trees with the dog. It was windy last night so beautiful. My brother got a hotel. He can't believe I can sleep like a cowboy.

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_164815.jpg
    IMG_20161015_164815.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
That's winter wheat growing in center field. It's supposed to be good for the ground. Adds nutrients so in the future the ground might be able to grow other things

Back up on the property. Last night I got up here around 2am. I didn't want to disturb the property so I went down 2 miles to where the road ends deep in the woods. I made a fire and laid a blanket out and slept under the trees with the dog. It was windy last night so beautiful. My brother got a hotel. He can't believe I can sleep like a cowboy.
I did my share of "campaigning" when I was younger........ :eusa_whistle:

this is the best time of year to sleep outside by a campfire

pheasants today limited out

Aaaaaaagh! Get a harness!! Shot I have three I'll send you one. Bet yall will be seeing some of those big fat Michigan deer in no time. Remember, the does are better eating.

Aaaaaaagh! Get a harness!! Shot I have three I'll send you one. Bet yall will be seeing some of those big fat Michigan deer in no time. Remember, the does are better eating.
My brother shot a doe. Over 100 lbs. I'm going back up this weekend.

Congratulations!
I'm going to work on the property this weekend. But first I'm going on a business meeting in Whitehall Michigan. Google Whitehall, mi and the Boyne mountain, mi and it's probably a beautiful ride up north. I've never seen all that and I'm looking forward to the ride.

I'm taking my dog to a dog ranch in Whitehall so I can go to my meeting at 11am. Probably take an hour then I'm free. And I get paid my salary, milage to Whitehall and lunch I can expense. It's almost like a paid day off except the meeting but this is my best customer.

I think Michigan is such a beautiful state and I've never even seen so much of it. But what I've seen I love.

So after meeting me and dog go up and get a cheap hotel Friday night then hook up with my brother Saturday. Work on property then he gets a nice expensive room in Boyne Highlands.

We're taking up the quadrunner too. I love these work weekends on the property. Little adventure.

Is there a more beautiful state than Michigan? God bless america

Forum List

Back