I'm home!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I'm home from visiting the folks from Florida!

Plane ride was great, noneventful Thank GOODNESS!

I am so happy to be home, with the birds and the bees again!!!! :razz:

The shops, and 4 lane roads, and traffic, and crime reported on the news, and kazillion billion doctors offices and complexes and packed early bird specials ARE NOT FOR ME!

I have vowed not to EVER COMPLAIN here again when 5 cars are on the road and i bithching about traffic!!!

Or when the news reports a town manager embezzling $2 grand and THINK crime is getting bad up here! :lol:

Every day another murder or armed robbery or driving a car in to a winn dixie to haul off an atm machine or a mother killing herself and son or a gunman holding a hostage etc!!!! :eek:

Ill take rural Maine, any day of the week!!!

A buck and a doe were in my yard last evening.

care

welcome back ...we missed ya....now the gossip...loads of newbies from aol...we now know why aol sucks...gunny is fussy at us...to welcome them....*rolling eyes*.but they are his new herd of cats....

o o ....bunch of new mods...kitten...echo and article15...i know i know....thats what i thought too...

I get the same feeling when I visit PA or NY or CT.

As much as I do enjoy urban life, when I come over the rise on Route Three to see the vista of the Penobccot bay with its islands sitting like jewels on a sea of azure, I have a tremendous sense of relief and thank whatever lucky star brought me to this place.

The sheer physical beauty of a place can have a very powerful positive effect on my mental disposition.

Last edited:
I get the same feeling when I visit PA or NY or CT.

As much as I do enjoy urban life, when I come over the rise on Route Three to see the vista of the Penobccot bay with its islands sitting like jewels on a sea of azure, I have a tremendous sense of relief and thank whatever lucky star brought me to this place.

The sheer physical beauty of a place can have a very powerful positive effect on my mental disposition.

i've never seen anything prettier! Honest to goodness! Maui came close, but lacking in true seasonal changes, and being away from the mainland, it loses out in my opinion!

And yes the winters here can be brutal, but the Penobscot bay and cliffed scape island vistas off the coast, are second to none, imho!

Where in Florida?
marion county....horse country, but their news came from orlando stations on satelte.

And that's a relatively safe area! I was born in Ft Walton Beach, but it has changed a lot since then. I try to stay away from Florida. I'm not sure about Maine, though. Doesn't it get cold there? :eusa_angel:

Get cold?

It has to get warm first, to GET cold.

In order to live here in Central or Northern (or Western) Maine one pretty much has to want to live someplace where most people won't.

I expect people living in the boonies in the West must feel pretty much like we who live in the boonies of Maine feel.

After spending nearly 25 years here, I'm not sure I CAN live anywhere else.

I've fogotten how to live under constant siege and in fear for my life and property like I had to when I lived in the megolopolis.

I have a greater chance of being trampled by a moose than I have of being a victim of crime here.

No, I am not exaggerating. Found moosetracks a few days ago that were about 50' from my door.

Last edited:
marion county....horse country, but their news came from orlando stations on satelte.

And that's a relatively safe area! I was born in Ft Walton Beach, but it has changed a lot since then. I try to stay away from Florida. I'm not sure about Maine, though. Doesn't it get cold there? :eusa_angel:

Get cold?

In order to live here in Central or Northern (or Western) Maine one pretty much has to want to live someplace where most people won't.

I expect people living in the boonies in the West must feel pretty much like we who live in the boonies of Maine feel.

I've fogotten how to live under constant siege and in fear for my life and property like I had to when I lived in the megolopolis.

I have a greater chance of being trampled by a moose than I have of being a victim of crime here.

No, I am not exaggerating. Found moosetracks a few days ago that were about 50' from my door.

Are there a lot of anti-government survivalists in Maine?

Where in Florida?

My Alabamian grandparents lived in Ft Walton Beach for a few decades before they passed on....we lived near there as well when dad was stationed in Pensacola. The beaches there are something to remember....big and wide....it was lovely. I haven't been there in a few decades so i don't know how much it has deteriorated.

Care

I love the Everglades in Florida.

Not sure I would care for living in some of the towns down there in FL. Then again if we could be on the water front with a boat dock I'm sure we could survive and most likely live with it.

Get cold?

Are there a lot of anti-government survivalists in Maine?

I haven't noticed any that go out of their way to be suvivalists, they just ARE survivalists because it is a necessity here....from central Maine on up....we pretty much are ignored by government, never get much help with anything and have to fend for ourselves most of the time. Neighbors have a, "What you do is your own business" attitude here...which is very refreshing for the hubby and me, especially moving here from Massachusetts.

Southern maine, Portland, which is less than a 2 hour drive to Boston with no traffic, is ''Boston Lite'', in my opinion.

Care

Last edited:
i loved the beaches in florida as well, when i lived there and was younger and worshipped the Sun.

Now i got precancerous spots to worry about from all that sun worship! :eek:

We had a choice when leaving Massachusetts....live inland, in florida....because we couldn't afford a thing near the actual beach in florida and really never see the water at all, or move up here, be less than a mile from the glorious coast, and have my closest grocery store and Family Dollar store with a pituresque view of the coast and the islands off of it.... We chose here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back