I'm Hearing

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
On fox news that some of the Hurricane Sandy victims are still without a home and without power in this sub freezing weather. Some of them have tents and propane heaters that don't do the job. This shit would not happen here in the south where people truly care about each other. All the shelters would be open, the Red cross on site, all the churches would be open and taking people in.. wtf is going on up there?

They don't have "sub freezing" weather in the South. Good thing, too, given the fact that so much of that population lives in shacks.

Goddammit, willow, go easy on the meds.

You are right. The big flood we had her ein 2011, everyone helped everyone! It really was amazing the way everyone came together. Made me proud. I lost my house, but I have family close so I was ok. If I didn't someone would have helped me and my son.
Then look at LA and the way they handled Katrina. Pathetic
According to CC, obama was doing a good job. Wonder if he would say that now?

They don't have "sub freezing" weather in the South. Good thing, too, given the fact that so much of that population lives in shacks.

Goddammit, willow, go easy on the meds.

yes, they do you bathtub moron. they certainly do.

On fox news that some of the Hurricane Sandy victims are still without a home and without power in this sub freezing weather. Some of them have tents and propane heaters that don't do the job. This shit would not happen here in the south where people truly care about each other. All the shelters would be open, the Red cross on site, all the churches would be open and taking people in.. wtf is going on up there?

Then why is it when I did charity work for Katrina relief, we were processing so many people for NEW YORK shelters that came up from Mississippi and Louisiana?

:doubt:

You are right. The big flood we had her ein 2011, everyone helped everyone! It really was amazing the way everyone came together. Made me proud. I lost my house, but I have family close so I was ok. If I didn't someone would have helped me and my son.

We had Katrina victims all the way over here in the Panhandle. and all of what I mentioned went into full effect until it was no longer needed. We fed em, we bed em, we located em. we got their medications refilled, we got them housing. we got them what they needed.

Then why is it when I did charity work for Katrina relief, we were processing so many people for NEW YORK shelters that came up from Mississippi and Louisiana?

How many did you send to New York? We sent a lot of our overflow to Houston until they got innundated to the max. So the question is why are the Sandy guys out in the cold? do we need to put them on a bus and send them somewhere who cares?

We had Katrina victims all the way over here in the Panhandle. and all of what I mentioned went into full effect until it was no longer needed. We fed em, we bed em, we located em. we got their medications refilled, we got them housing. we got them what they needed.

Good deal! I am proud I am a southerner. I would hate to be a yankee "drinking sode pop on top of da ruf" (wish you could hear the way I say that hehe)

Wait, you live in Florida? That explains a lot.

Wait, you live in Florida? That explains a lot.

Aren't you happy that you can just drive by and insult me without being interferred with you intolerant little liberal whining asswipe?

How many did you send to New York? We sent a lot of our overflow to Houston until they got innundated to the max. So the question is why are the Sandy guys out in the cold? do we need to put them on a bus and send them somewhere who cares?

I didn't send them here..I processed them when they arrived. They needed housing in New York Shelters.

This shit would not happen here in the south where people truly care about each other.

That's bullshit. I've spent 22 days in NJ and NY already helping with the relief of Sandy and my daughter has been there nearly 50 days. I don't know how long YOU'VE been involved up there (hmmmm...lemme guess), but I haven't seen anybody not caring about each other. In fact, just the opposite is true. Neighbors helping neighbors, friends helping friends, strangers helping each other....just like anywhere else. Whatever nonsense you believe about Yankees is a damn lie.

And, yes, there are still people up there who can't return to their homes. Thousands of them. Some ARE in shelters. Most are staying with friends and family, just like anywhere else. And, no, it's not Obama's fault or FEMA's fault or the government's fault: It's the massive numbers of wrecked and damaged homes.

New York City alone had 10-15,000 affected houses, with probably that many more on Long Island. Whole communities were inundated: Just about every house along the coast and near inland canals was flooded, from Coney Island out past Amityville, with a few more on the north shore of Long Island. In New Jersey, the number is over 40,000. From Atlantic City all the way north to Raritan Bay, nobody escaped and the surge waters went a mile or more inland in some places. I know. I've seen it. I've been in their homes, talked to the owners, heard their stories.

Not only is it a matter of the sheer numbers, but most of those houses have basements and most of their furnaces are in the basement. Water totaled the furnaces and new ones can't be installed and the power turned back on until the houses and basements have been gutted and treated for mold. There simply aren't enough people doing that, volunteers or for hire, to meet that kind of demand and thousands are still waiting. Brooklyn alone has an estimated 2000 homes still not ready for occupation. We're working on them as fast as we can.

So..instead of sitting around on your high horse talking smack about people you don't know, how about getting off your dead ass and lending a hand? There are plenty of volunteer groups you can go with.

Want me to PM you some contact numbers? Or, do you just want to sit and bitch?

This shit would not happen here in the south where people truly care about each other.

That's bullshit. I've spent 22 days in NJ and NY already helping with the relief of Sandy and my daughter has been there nearly 50 days. I don't know how long YOU'VE been involved up there (hmmmm...lemme guess), but I haven't seen anybody not caring about each other. In fact, just the opposite is true. Neighbors helping neighbors, friends helping friends, strangers helping each other....just like anywhere else. Whatever nonsense you believe about Yankees is a damn lie.

And, yes, there are still people up there who can't return to their homes. Thousands of them. Some ARE in shelters. Most are staying with friends and family, just like anywhere else. And, no, it's not Obama's fault or FEMA's fault or the government's fault: It's the massive numbers of wrecked and damaged homes.

New York City alone had 10-15,000 affected houses, with probably that many more on Long Island. Whole communities were inundated: Just about every house along the coast and near inland canals was flooded, from Coney Island out past Amityville, with a few more on the north shore of Long Island. In New Jersey, the number is over 40,000. From Atlantic City all the way north to Raritan Bay, nobody escaped and the surge waters went a mile or more inland in some places. I know. I've seen it. I've been in their homes, talked to the owners, heard their stories.

Not only is it a matter of the sheer numbers, but most of those houses have basements and most of their furnaces are in the basement. Water totaled the furnaces and new ones can't be installed and the power turned back on until the houses and basements have been gutted and treated for mold. There simply aren't enough people doing that, volunteers or for hire, to meet that kind of demand and thousands are still waiting. Brooklyn alone has an estimated 2000 homes still not ready for occupation. We're working on them as fast as we can.

So..instead of sitting around on your high horse talking smack about people you don't know, how about getting off your dead ass and lending a hand? There are plenty of volunteer groups you can go with.

The ones I saw on television were living in tents, in the cold, with propane heaters that didn't do the job, no electricity, no houses, no heat, I didn't pull that information out of my ass, the people living it are on the TV telling it, now why don't you get off your ass get in your car go find the tents, load up the car and bring em home and give them a hot meal and a blanket,,,

you should allow some non union labor in there, the work will get done in a much more expeditious manner. hello

Forum List

Back