I'm having major problems!

Originally posted by eric
Jim, check you email !

Jackass, be careful with overclocking. It can greatly shorten the life of a processor. With the pricing today it just does not pay !

Eric, got the utilities and replied. Thanks!

I agree 300% about the overclocking.

Know of any great places for good deals on MB's and Processors?

I'm looking at http://www.motherboards.org for ratings, and the one I outlined above is highly rated, but many others very close.

I'll talk to my tech's see where they order MB' from ! Probable have to get back to you when I'm back from Jersey tonight.

Originally posted by eric
I'll talk to my tech's see where they order MB' from ! Probable have to get back to you when I'm back from Jersey tonight.

No problem, I probably won't make the purchase for awhile anyway.

Have a safe trip!

Jim,

Might have help for you in one week! I owe you! don't ask, just let me see!!!!!

Forgot, should I be able to help, then it will cost you later on!! building that's all! :)

Still in Jersey, long day, this blows, tired, want to go home!

Long day in Jersey ha eric? where in NJ do you go? I live in this great State! hehehe! and Jim did once too! Jim would love to be in Iselin! haha!

seriously, your best would would have been to sell the laptop for a high price, buy a cheap desktop computer, and use the rest of the money on new parts too enhance the computer. i did that too my neighbors computer recently, now it runs extremely well. sadly, all i did was take him from a 4 gb hardrive to a 10 gb. ehhh, you might even just try that. only $60 chip at best buy. but that's just my suggestion.

Originally posted by infernus2004
seriously, your best would would have been to sell the laptop for a high price, buy a cheap desktop computer, and use the rest of the money on new parts too enhance the computer. i did that too my neighbors computer recently, now it runs extremely well. sadly, all i did was take him from a 4 gb hardrive to a 10 gb. ehhh, you might even just try that. only $60 chip at best buy. but that's just my suggestion.

It is a desktop, built by yours truly! (maybe that explains the problems?)

Seriously, every computer I have was bought in pieces and built by myself. I usually buy the motherboard, power supply & floppy in one deal. Buy memory and a HDD from another cheap wholesaler. In fact, everything in my computer was bought at discount prices from wholesalers around the internet. The only thing I bought from a regular store was my optical mouse, cause I had to have it that day!

When my computer was new it would have sold for $15-1800 at any retail store, I built it for less than $400.

Tiger has a few outstanding deals going on now for "bare bones" systems. You can get a case, PS, MB (Asus), 256ddr ram, 40gig HDD... Everything but the OS for $329. The price will fluctuate a bit with the processor you choose, anywhere from a Celeron 1.2Ghz to a P4 2.2Ghz.

Forum List

Back