I'm going to met President Bush on Friday!

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
Sure! It could be the "Don't let this happen to you" section, aka "What happens to public education after 8 years of Bill Clinton".

Dang im glad i got out when i did.

Originally posted by XSAPaladin
The only reason it did take so fast is because iraq basically had no army. World War 2 is completely different storry, we were not the aggressors then and it was litterally a world war. And I do believe iraq was in much better condition prior to the war. Their tyrant leader is an a-hole and he does deserve to be killed, but the root we took was not proper. And when all these threats were being given to iraq to disarm, the whole world was indeed watching, why not let iraq do something illegal allowing the whole world do say "ya you guys are right we support you" instead of going all in when we really didnt have too we could of waited it out.

I know you are young but there is really no excuse for such shoddy research.

We were not the agreesors here either. Two things happened before:

1)Saddam invaded our Kuwait, our ally 12 years ago in which we drove Saddam back and called a ceasefire as long as he lived up to the conditions given which included dismantling Weapons and weapons inspections. He failed to live up to this so we finished the war Saddam began with his invasion.

2)We were attacked on 911, I hope you are old enough to remember that. 911 has changed the world. we can not simply wait around for the terrorists to hit us again. So we are fighting back against the terrorists. We are starting where most military operations start. we are going for their supply lines. IE the renagade regimes that are aiding them. Iraq was one of these regimes. Iraq is a single battle in the war on terror.

We were not the agressors here. If Saddam had not invaded Kuwait to begin with and the terrorist had not attacked us this wouldnt be an issue.

Originally posted by XSAPaladin
jimmy answere the question did we or did we not sell weapons to Iraq

I'd be happy to, though I'm sure others already have by now. As I said, I had to go.

First...."That is true... but they didnt find anything significant did they besides chemicals and Sarin chemical bombs."

Gee, is that all.

Anyway, yes, the U.S. sold weapons to Iraq a little over 20 years. That was a long time ago and the world was a lot different. Saddam was still new to power and hadn't done a tenth of what he ended up doing. Iraq was fighting with Iran, the United States had problems with Iran, lo and behold we saw an opportunity for a possible ally in the Middle East through a common enemy. It isn't anything that hasn't happened many time before in history, and will probably happen again many times more. We were hoping to have an ally with Saddam, it didn't turn out that way. In 1944 we were allied with Russia, less than a decade later half of America lived in fear of the Russians. Sometimes, things change.

If the people in charge 20 years ago could go back in time and not sell those weapons, would they? Probably so. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. I'm sure if Jimmy Carter could go back about 25 years and re-think his decisions, he would too. At least his decision to aid the rebels in Afghanistan that turned out to be the foundation for the terrorists that attacked America on September 11, 2001.

For just a second, forget liberal slant and Conservative slant and just use some good old fashioned common sense. Do you think the weapons Saddam's Iraq used in recent years were the weapons he got over 20 years ago? Or were they the weapons he got more recently from France, Russia, and maybe a few other sources?

I'll also point out that when the U.S. sold weapons to Iraq so long ago, it was all perfectly legal. Unlike the dealings they had with France, Russia, and the UN.

Originally posted by Gop guy
He's coming to Kutztown PA!

That's only about 45 minutes from me!

I cannot keep this to myself!

!!!!!

Who knew a simple little post like this would lead to these 7 pages. :D

I know, but I just couldn't keep this to myself.

I really didn't expect that it would bring some raving radical liberal to these boards.

Insein, you live in PA right?

You know where Kutztown is?

Bush was right down the street from me a couple days ago in Raleigh... He shut down the outer loop and some neighborhood roads near me for a $25,000 a plate dinner the day Kerry anounced Edwards as his running mate... interesting aye?

Originally posted by Gop guy
I know, but I just couldn't keep this to myself.

I really didn't expect that it would bring some raving radical liberal to these boards.

Insein, you live in PA right?

You know where Kutztown is?

Yes its about 2.5 to 3 hours from Philly.

New Topics

Forum List

Back