I'm going to KILL my computer...

no, the stupid one is you
but most already know that
LOL
but i KNEW you couldnt pass up that one
and you came through just as expected
FOOL
Thank you for admitting that I'm an honest, truth-telling FOOL and America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy is a SMART, cunning and crafty LIAR.
no, you are ANYTHING but honest
but you believe your crap

Actually, that would make him honest, more to the point he is willingly stupid.

Actually, that would make him honest, more to the point he is willingly stupid.
ah, my bad, you would be correct

Actually, I think the correct term is willfully ignorant, which is worse than lying. Ignoring the truth is worse than what Rush does, Rush just sensationalizes and hypes things.
yup, thats Rush's "thing"
and he doesnt deny it either
"being absurd to expose the absurdity" is one of his mantras

ah, my bad, you would be correct

Actually, I think the correct term is willfully ignorant, which is worse than lying. Ignoring the truth is worse than what Rush does, Rush just sensationalizes and hypes things.

The simple minds often confuse sensationalism with lying. ;)

But the simplest minds always confuse lying with sensationalism.

To the wicked, everything serves as pretext.
Voltaire

March 19, 2008
RUSH: But two wrongs don't make a right.

May 6, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos is balance to all of the fraud that is being committed throughout our electoral process. George Soros is tampering with our electoral process with a huge multibillion-dollar fortune. MoveOn.org is tampering with vast fundraising tentacles. The unions... I mean, who doesn't "tamper" with elections, if you want to get right down to it? Everybody tampers with elections because they're trying to influence the outcome. But I'm not a tamperer.

May 9, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos involves Republican operatives tampering in, messing around with, having fun in, Democrat elections

Voltaire

March 19, 2008

May 6, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos is balance to all of the fraud that is being committed throughout our electoral process. George Soros is tampering with our electoral process with a huge multibillion-dollar fortune. MoveOn.org is tampering with vast fundraising tentacles. The unions... I mean, who doesn't "tamper" with elections, if you want to get right down to it? Everybody tampers with elections because they're trying to influence the outcome. But I'm not a tamperer.

May 9, 2008
RUSH: Operation Chaos involves Republican operatives tampering in, messing around with, having fun in, Democrat elections

Okay, that's really funny ... because of those nothing is a lie, it's more of an announcement which only proves my point. Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

Voltaire

March 19, 2008

May 6, 2008

May 9, 2008
which just proves you dont GET IT
LOL
anyway
enough of the highjack
back to computer troubles

Voltaire

March 19, 2008

May 6, 2008

May 9, 2008
LOL
anyway
enough of the highjack

Want to know something funny:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XH5gmKCeKI]YouTube - Ubuntu Virus[/ame]

Voltaire

March 19, 2008

May 6, 2008

May 9, 2008
LOL
anyway
enough of the highjack
No it proves you will never admit the truth no matter how obvious.

And YOU were the one who brought up America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy in the first place. :cuckoo:

Here's something you'll really enjoy:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5lOg5XIhqc]YouTube - Ubuntu 9.04 with compiz and mac4lin Plus windows xp using wmware[/ame]

Spread it around! Spread it around now!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x35AIGJaM5M]YouTube - "EVOLUTION" - Linux Commercial[/ame]

:razz:

Pale, three things to check. the first and easiest is replace the battery on the mobo, it can cause some weird things to happen if it's going bad. (Is the time/date on your computer constant or does it lose time?) The other issue could be the power supply could be bad, you can get a new one for 40 to 60 bucks, go with no less than a 500 watt. Number three, if you can use a flash drive to back up you docs/pics/search history/address book/messages and anything else you think is vital. when you're done go to DOS command and type "format c:" which should wipe your hard drive. Reload your OS, make sure you put a good antivirus on the new install then after you've reloaded the programs you want put the flash drive back in and run a scan on it before restoring it on your computer. the last potential is it sounds like you may have picked up a bug.

Thanks for the pointers, but it appears the whole thing was more than likely my own doing. I had uploaded DVD Shrink, Nero, Tunebite, all combined with what was already on here, it appears it knocked my Lite-on DVD drive off from default. Too many programs fighting over it. So in my haste to uninstall programs I uninstalled my Realtek ALC888 HD Audio Drivers. So to top that off I confused my NVidia GeForce for my audio and downloaded an "update" for it from Windows Update and that screwed up my monitor/TV. When I went into my Device Manager and used "roll back driver," my monitor went completely out. At this point, not able to see my monitor, my computer not recognizing my DVD drive, and no sound either, I was pretty much figuring "time for a new computer." Well low and behold my electrician bosses brother is a total computer geek and works on them all day, every day. Gave him a call and we got my computer started in "safe mode." Went into my "device manager" and "uninstalled" my monitor. With that the computer reverted to it's default monitor driver which then enabled me to *SEE* my monitor. I then went to hp.com and downloaded the original drivers for the NVidia GeForce 6150LE Video. That got my monitor back to normal. But, I still have an issue that it seems many people have, and that's that I can't reinstall the Realtek HD audio drivers. I keep getting an error message that says I must have Windows UAA Buss Controllers installed first, and they ARE. Did many google searches, tried lots of fixes, nothing has worked yet to get my sound and DVD drive back. So, it boils down to I'm going to buy a 500GB external HP Simplesave drive, then download the considerable amount of music, pictures, documents and videos I have on here onto that, then install 4G of ram on here, and then install Windows Vista over the XP. That ought to bring me right up to date and get everything right back running, better than before.

Last edited:
I do appreciate the suggestions, but I don't want a Dell or a Mac. But I do know a new one is in order. This one is fucked. The recovery discs I have for it are not to this computer. I was supposed to make discs and never did. Not only that, I never allocated more space to my system restore that automatically shut off long ago, so I can't back it up either. Online help for a driver or an update is so convoluted and pathetic it's a worthless effort, as I've been at it now for about eight hours. I'm just screwed with this one. So it goes.

there is a hidden partition on your comp where you can wipe it clean and start over without getting the discs

Pale, three things to check. the first and easiest is replace the battery on the mobo, it can cause some weird things to happen if it's going bad. (Is the time/date on your computer constant or does it lose time?) The other issue could be the power supply could be bad, you can get a new one for 40 to 60 bucks, go with no less than a 500 watt. Number three, if you can use a flash drive to back up you docs/pics/search history/address book/messages and anything else you think is vital. when you're done go to DOS command and type "format c:" which should wipe your hard drive. Reload your OS, make sure you put a good antivirus on the new install then after you've reloaded the programs you want put the flash drive back in and run a scan on it before restoring it on your computer. the last potential is it sounds like you may have picked up a bug.

Thanks for the pointers, but it appears the whole thing was more than likely my own doing. I had uploaded DVD Shrink, Nero, Tunebite, all combined with what was already on here, it appears it knocked my Lite-on DVD drive off from default. Too many programs fighting over it. So in my haste to uninstall programs I uninstalled my Realtek ALC888 HD Audio Drivers. So to top that off I confused my NVidia GeForce for my audio and downloaded an "update" for it from Windows Update and that screwed up my monitor/TV. When I went into my Device Manager and used "roll back driver," my monitor went completely out. At this point, not able to see my monitor, my computer not recognizing my DVD drive, and no sound either, I was pretty much figuring "time for a new computer." Well low and behold my electrician bosses brother is a total computer geek and works on them all day, every day. Gave him a call and we got my computer started in "safe mode." Went into my "device manager" and "uninstalled" my monitor. With that the computer reverted to it's default monitor driver which then enabled me to *SEE* my monitor. I then went to hp.com and downloaded the original drivers for the NVidia GeForce 6150LE Video. That got my monitor back to normal. But, I still have an issue that it seems many people have, and that's that I can't reinstall the Realtek HD audio drivers. I keep getting an error message that says I must have Windows UAA Buss Controllers installed first, and they ARE. Did many google searches, tried lots of fixes, nothing has worked yet to get my sound and DVD drive back. So, it boils down to I'm going to buy a 500GB external HP Simplesave drive, then download the considerable amount of music, pictures, documents and videos I have on here onto that, then install 4G of ram on here, and then install Windows Vista over the XP. That ought to bring me right up to date and get everything right back running, better than before.

so its all fixed except the audio ????

Cool! Personally I would shy away from Vista unless you are planning to upgrade to Windows 7, soon. My wife has it on her machine and I hate it!!!!! It's a slow, memory hog with to many issues. The other thing to remember is OS upgrades are never as good as clean installs but whichever path you choose make sure you have all the Vista or Win 7 drivers for your hardware before you install, it'll save you a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

so its all fixed except the audio ????

Nope. Ordered a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy sound card that fixed the sound up real good. Also bought a new Samsung LightScribe DVD drive, installed it, and it does exactly the same shit the old one did, NOTHING. So I go into my system, run the diagnosis, and it say's that the proper driver for this piece of hardware has been downloaded, and then it gives me an error message that say's it "can't find it." Well how can it not find the damn piece of hardware when it knew it was there to download the driver for it? Then when you go further in the diagnostics, it just says there's probably something wrong with the unit that it's not capable of diagnosing. I give up. Time to buy a new computer. Fuck this. There's probably something wrong with my mother board.

do you have a link to the exact cd drive that you bought?

Good Idea, just buy a new operating system. Do make sure you do a search on Google to tweak Vista. I would buy a new Power supply and increase your memory. Download this little small program it might help to identify hardware you have on your pc and maybe even some serial numbers like XP. Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

I would save all the drivers on a disc, and write or print out the information gathered by Belarc Advisor. Microsoft did do a recent update that I think has been causing problems with some of the system drivers. On automatic updates I would have them download but not install. Check out what the update is before you install.

Forum List

Back