I'm going to KILL my computer...

This fucking computer... I'm about ready to take it outside and beat it with a sledge hammer and pic like I did it's predecessor. First the Lite-on DVD started screwing up and wouldn't play DVD's, then the sound card lost it's driver somehow, so I decided to just throw in the System Recovery disc and restore it, so then the fucker tells me I can only use my recovery disc on an HP computer, which it is, a HP Pavilion. So this thing is screwed and I have no way to fix it.

Are there any computer guru's here that may have heard of this before and have some idea how to get past this problem?

Try India.

Pale

I was so pissed off at my computer I literally walked into a store the next day and bought a Mac.

I couldn't be happier.

Macs cost more but given how many PCs I burned through, I figured I have saved money over the long run.

If you're pissed off at your PC, I'd suggest you do what I do - say goodbye to Microsoft forever.

Pale

I was so pissed off at my computer I literally walked into a store the next day and bought a Mac.

I couldn't be happier.

Macs cost more but given how many PCs I burned through, I figured I have saved money over the long run.

If you're pissed off at your PC, I'd suggest you do what I do - say goodbye to Microsoft forever.
you must be hard on computers
and a hint for ya, you will still face similar problems with a MAC

I do appreciate the suggestions, but I don't want a Dell or a Mac. But I do know a new one is in order. This one is fucked. The recovery discs I have for it are not to this computer. I was supposed to make discs and never did. Not only that, I never allocated more space to my system restore that automatically shut off long ago, so I can't back it up either. Online help for a driver or an update is so convoluted and pathetic it's a worthless effort, as I've been at it now for about eight hours. I'm just screwed with this one. So it goes.

I do appreciate the suggestions, but I don't want a Dell or a Mac. But I do know a new one is in order. This one is fucked. The recovery discs I have for it are not to this computer. I was supposed to make discs and never did. Not only that, I never allocated more space to my system restore that automatically shut off long ago, so I can't back it up either. Online help for a driver or an update is so convoluted and pathetic it's a worthless effort, as I've been at it now for about eight hours. I'm just screwed with this one. So it goes.
best thing i can suggest right now, is an external hard drive to copy anything you cant re-create and then just get a retail copy of Windows and do a clean install
you can TRY calling HP support and HOPE they can get you a recovery disk, but i doubt they will understand what you are REALLY asking for

the machine is still good
and before you trash it, send it my way and i'll install win7 on it :D

This fucking computer... I'm about ready to take it outside and beat it with a sledge hammer and pic like I did it's predecessor. First the Lite-on DVD started screwing up and wouldn't play DVD's, then the sound card lost it's driver somehow, so I decided to just throw in the System Recovery disc and restore it, so then the fucker tells me I can only use my recovery disc on an HP computer, which it is, a HP Pavilion. So this thing is screwed and I have no way to fix it.

Are there any computer guru's here that may have heard of this before and have some idea how to get past this problem?

Easiest solution (I know I'm repetitive about this) get Ubuntu. ;)

You lose a driver, a quick mouse click will get it back. Live CD always works no matter what computer you're on. Everything Windoze has in point and click. Blah blah blah ... I'm going to get boring if I continue on that.

Backup for KK. I know I sound boring but it's true. I also keep a copy of Knoppix on a usb so if I ever stuff up Ubuntu (which I am highly likely to do) then I can boot into Knoppix off the usb and fix what I screwed up.

I had many problems with associated bits of XP Pro that eventually I just gave up and began experimenting with Linux. Okay it was a steep learning curve (for me) but I'm glad I took the plunge.

Anyway, sorry if it's predictable and boring but really unless you're heavily into games then a Linux distro is probably going to cause less problems in the long run.

Pale

I couldn't be happier.

Except, with the MAC there is a program called "Pacifist" that allows you to install any individual piece of software like a driver or whatever from the install discs without having to install the whole system.
I'm surprised there isn't similar SW for Wintel PCs.

Pale

I couldn't be happier.

Except, with the MAC there is a program called "Pacifist" that allows you to install any individual piece of software like a driver or whatever from the install discs without having to install the whole system.
uh there is

but you like MACS?
what a shock
did you know Rush is a MAC guy too :eusa_whistle:

Pale

I couldn't be happier.

With Windoze you have to know the driver name and all that, then download from a website. With Linux you just use Synaptic ... so um ... yeah. PC's have that "ability" just like Macs, Ubuntu just simplifies it.

With Windoze you have to know the driver name and all that, then download from a website. With Linux you just use Synaptic ... so um ... yeah. PC's have that "ability" just like Macs, Ubuntu just simplifies it.
actually, no you dont
you dont have to know the file name and havent for years

actually, no you dont
you dont have to know the file name and havent for years

Hmm .. well, that's how I always did it. ;)

Pale, three things to check. the first and easiest is replace the battery on the mobo, it can cause some weird things to happen if it's going bad. (Is the time/date on your computer constant or does it lose time?) The other issue could be the power supply could be bad, you can get a new one for 40 to 60 bucks, go with no less than a 500 watt. Number three, if you can use a flash drive to back up you docs/pics/search history/address book/messages and anything else you think is vital. when you're done go to DOS command and type "format c:" which should wipe your hard drive. Reload your OS, make sure you put a good antivirus on the new install then after you've reloaded the programs you want put the flash drive back in and run a scan on it before restoring it on your computer. the last potential is it sounds like you may have picked up a bug.

Last edited:
uh there is

but you like MACS?
what a shock
I was also a Betamax user. :eusa_whistle:
Of course, I never said he was STUPID like you, only that he is a PREMEDITATED liar.
Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
Samuel Butler

uh there is

but you like MACS?
what a shock
Of course, I never said he was STUPID like you, only that he is a PREMEDITATED liar.
Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
Samuel Butler
no, the stupid one is you
but most already know that
LOL
but i KNEW you couldnt pass up that one
and you came through just as expected
FOOL

uh there is

but you like MACS?
what a shock
Samuel Butler
LOL
FOOL
Thank you for admitting that I'm an honest, truth-telling FOOL and America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy is a SMART, cunning and crafty LIAR.

LOL
FOOL
Thank you for admitting that I'm an honest, truth-telling FOOL and America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy is a SMART, cunning and crafty LIAR.
no, you are ANYTHING but honest
but you believe your crap

Forum List

Back