I'm glad Moonlight won Best Picture because....

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
....it's a film, apparently a very fine one, that was made for ~$1M.

Now why does that factor into why I'm glad it won?
  • Because it indicates demonstratively that there are very talented and capable performers, directors, editors, etc. besides the ones whose names we recognize and who command multi-million dollar salaries. That indicates to me that "high dollar" stars may now find themselves having to accept lower wages, which in turn may mean more slowly increasing theater ticket prices and Blu-Ray disc prices. I think that's a good thing.

• Because it indicates demonstratively that there are very talented and capable performers, directors, editors, etc. besides the ones whose names we recognize and who command multi-million dollar salaries. That indicates to me that "high dollar" stars may now find themselves having to accept lower wages, which in turn may mean more slowly increasing theater ticket prices and Blu-Ray disc prices. I think that's a good thing.
I said today one reasons republicans hate movie stars is they are highly paid workers. Republicans hate highly paid workers.

Last edited:

I said today one reasons hate movie stars is they are highly paid workers. Republicans hate highly paid workers.
Could you repeat that in English, please?

For about any Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie movie, I will go to the movies.

Those places are nasty. I have even read they are infested with bedbugs! Yuck.
Anywhere there are Indians (from India) there are likely to be bedbugs.

This infestation comes from there in their bedding and clothing that they bring with them.

If you change your clothing every day and wash the old in hot water you should be able to kill the bedbugs.

It is no worse than a flea or tick infestation if you treat it right.

Use carpet sprays in your home too.

For about any Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie movie, I will go to the movies.

Those places are nasty. I have even read they are infested with bedbugs! Yuck.
Anywhere there are Indians (from India) there are likely to be bedbugs.

This infestation comes from there in their bedding and clothing that they bring with them.

If you change your clothing every day and wash the old in hot water you should be able to kill the bedbugs.

It is no worse than a flea or tick infestation if you treat it right.

Use carpet sprays in your home too.
You are incorrect. I have studied bedbugs at length. The only thing that will kill a bedbug is prolonged sustained heat at 135 degrees and above! They are nasty but do not carry disease. Fleas and ticks carry disease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back