I'm frying potatoes right now..

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
In butter. I'll bet everyone is jealous. You won't admit it, but you are.

Thanksgiving is coming. My houseguest is bringing smoked turkey. I'm brining mine, then baking it, and making crab salad to die for,homemade rolls, besides all the mashed taters, gravy, pumpkin pie, mincemeat pie, jello salad (the red, with strawberries, not that green crap), pickles, olives, stuffed celery and I'm seriously considering spanokopita...spano...oh shit, the crap with phyllo dough, spinach, feta cheese and eggs.....

Plus the devilled eggs, chicken liver pate, salmon mouse, water crackers, various and assorted veggies (who cares about them, anyway) Lays with ridges and clam dip.

Happy thanksgiving.

• Banned
So what's for breakfast? :D

No shit, get this..it's a breakfast casserole...french bread, torn apart, with crumbled, cooked bulk sausage (or links), beaten egg (9, in my recipe) about 2 cups of shredded cheese (any kind or mixed will do) with a little milk and/or cream so it pours...

You pour that over the bread, let it sit overnight, then in the morning bake for about 40 minutes to an hour, at 350, depending on the bulk.

Heaven. It puffs up like souffle, and people GOBBLE it.

No shit, get this..it's a breakfast casserole...french bread, torn apart, with crumbled, cooked bulk sausage (or links), beaten egg (9, in my recipe) about 2 cups of shredded cheese (any kind or mixed will do) with a little milk and/or cream so it pours...

You pour that over the bread, let it sit overnight, then in the morning bake for about 40 minutes to an hour, at 350, depending on the bulk.

Sounds good, I'll take a plate or two. :eusa_whistle:

In butter. I'll bet everyone is jealous. You won't admit it, but you are.

FUCK THAT! I'm man enough to admit that I am jealous!

I'M JEALOUS!!!

I'm also jealous that you are able to fry papas while posting on USMB. That is multitalented!

Sounds good, I'll take a plate or two. :eusa_whistle:

You have to wait in line. But there's always enough for seconds & thirds.

That's why experienced eaters wait until the line disperses. Then they just load their plate while nobody's looking.

You have to wait in line. But there's always enough for seconds & thirds.

That's why experienced eaters wait until the line disperses. Then they just load their plate while nobody's looking.

Good thing I wore my pants with the deep pockets then. :D

Xo is so jealous that he wants a plate full of it too. :lol:

Actually, I'm not so hungry right now.

But I'd love to smell it.

Kitchen smells are aromatherapy for me.

There is nothing better than the smell of sauteing onions.

Though I have to admit...my first compulsion was fried onions. I pulled what I thought was an onion out of the bag, and I was all excited, and dammit, it was an apple.

So I resorted to the potato thing.

Still good. I'm full now and thinking of bed.

Allie -- do you fry raw spuds? If you bake potatoes do extra and stick 'em in the fridge and when you fry your spuds use them. They're already cooked so you're really just getting that yummy browning on them and whacking them with flavor.

Your casserole sounds glorious. I will have to try that.